The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2005-11-08, 09:23 PM
66.19 GB/43.42 GB/0.66

Flac Frontend help...

Hey, my friend is having trouble decoding FLAC files...it keeps bringing up this: "flac.exe not found!"

Does anyone know how to fix that? He tried removing the Flac Frontend program and installing it again...but it does the same thing. Is there a thread here already that has some help? Thanks.
Old 2005-11-08, 10:05 PM
3.03 TB/1.46 TB/0.48

Re: Flac Frontend help...

Try Trader's little helper instead. it's a cool little (free) tool, you can find it w/ just about any search engine, I found it w/AOL's w/no trouble, I find that it sometimes decodes files that frontend will not. as for the problem w/frontend it's hard to say w/out more info. If your friend is running Mac or an older windows O/S, that could be a problem. I would trip over to FLAC's homepage and check out their faq's or post your issue and see what they got to say. I will say I never had a problem with it, then my motherboard and vid card crapped and after the fix every time I started frontend my mach would try to install XP office components, I had to cancel that 3 times before frontend would appear (it worked fine) this went on about a month and then stopped happening! Very weird but hey, some computer god messin' with me I guess good luck (oh I just remembered that Norton and Mcafee both have issues w/nullsoft installer (which FLAC uses)! If he runs one of those, uninstall FLAC, turn off the A/V program and reinstall FLAC, I know of a couple folks that had to do this in order to get FLAC to run, last step would be to turn the a/v back on
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-11-08, 10:59 PM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

TLH http://thor.prohosting.com/roh0205/
Old 2005-11-08, 11:38 PM
189.30 GB/594.78 GB/3.14

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksg
Try Trader's little helper instead. it's a cool little (free) tool, you can find it w/ just about any search engine, I found it w/AOL's w/no trouble, I find that it sometimes decodes files that frontend will not. as for the problem w/frontend it's hard to say w/out more info. If your friend is running Mac or an older windows O/S, that could be a problem. I would trip over to FLAC's homepage and check out their faq's or post your issue and see what they got to say. I will say I never had a problem with it, then my motherboard and vid card crapped and after the fix every time I started frontend my mach would try to install XP office components, I had to cancel that 3 times before frontend would appear (it worked fine) this went on about a month and then stopped happening! Very weird but hey, some computer god messin' with me I guess good luck (oh I just remembered that Norton and Mcafee both have issues w/nullsoft installer (which FLAC uses)! If he runs one of those, uninstall FLAC, turn off the A/V program and reinstall FLAC, I know of a couple folks that had to do this in order to get FLAC to run, last step would be to turn the a/v back on
TLH... best tool!

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-11-09, 07:57 AM
66.19 GB/43.42 GB/0.66

Thanks everyone...i'll tell him to download that program!

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble