The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Home Forums FAQ Register Members List

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2006-06-24, 07:13 PM
1.07 TB/1.15 TB/1.08

Re: dvd incompatibility

Well at least I'm not alone When I'm trading, it's not usually a problem because they have a computer and can figure it out. The problems always occur when I'm burning something for friends who only have one player
You must be one of those conniving jews, or an ebonics talking black. Or, worse yet, a black jew. Only sellin' your crack to other jews. And when you do sell to others, you give a 10 dollar piece for 20 dollars.
The NEW list.... Festafarian.com

I do B&Ps

myspace.com/festafarian

Ziggy's
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-06-24, 09:09 PM
111.10 GB/204.76 GB/1.84

Nope...not alone...I have had similar problems.
Old 2006-06-25, 04:36 AM
505.91 GB/533.29 GB/1.05

Standalone players are always fussy about playing burnt discs.

Burning at slower speeds does seem to improve compatability a bit, and using higher quality media.

As far as dvd player brands, my cyberhome (30 bucks from walmart) will play anything, discs that my high end sony wont even play.
Old 2006-07-03, 03:20 PM
177.80 GB/136.40 GB/0.77

...DVD Decrypter...

I am ripping DVD's with DVD Decrypter.

Am I loosing any of the main source in any way doing this? Am I re-compressing the data? Loosing bits?

Is there a tool for exact Video copy such as EAC for audio?

Thanks in advance.
Old 2006-07-03, 07:44 PM
189.30 GB/594.78 GB/3.14

Re: ...DVD Decrypter...

all the dvds here do not have copy protection thus it is not necessary to use dvd decrypter.

just drag and drop the VIDEO_TS folder to your computer, generate md5 checksums from the dvd you just copies from, then save these checksums to your computer and test them against what was copied to your hd. then if you want to burn another dvd from the verified files on your computer, burn it then generate checksums from that new disc and then run them against the files on your hd. so long as they keep matching up the extraction and copy are exact. it is a little different than audio cdr in this way.

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Old 2006-07-07, 10:14 PM
Bron Yr Aur
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

DVD Burning Questions

Ok, I'm having some problems burning certain DVD's, and I'm looking for some advice on how to solve my problems.

I've downloaded http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=16571 this torrent, and when I am playing it in PowerDVD the show is in a normal 16:9 full screen aspect ratio and the video is skewed (as in, everything is too skinny). So, I burned the first disc onto a Sony DVD+R with ONES as "record data files to CD or DVD." I created an empty "AUDIO_TS" folder and dragged the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS into the contents area, and burned. However, I've got a couple of problems. Number one, I'm wondering if I burn discs this way if they will play on most older DVD players (I know they do in fact play on my new standalone player). Number two, when I burned the disc and popped it into my player, the picture was full screen (when I assume it should be widescreen). The video isn't skewed, but it is chopped off on the sides.

Now, I was also trying to burn this show: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=21467 I did everything the same way as before, the first disc burned perfectly, but when I burned the second, it wouldn't play in my standalone player, because only the VOB files were burned. They now show up in the VIDEO_TS folder on my harddrive, but didn't burn to disc.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Old 2006-07-08, 06:38 AM
163.15 GB/28.92 GB/0.18

Re: DVD Burning Questions

hi, i sometimes use a reauthoring or converting program even when i have dloaded a full dvd. you can then set what you want the output files to be, ie pal, 16.9 etc. then burn the output file. i never have a loss of quality. you could use win avi or shrink among many.

joe
Old 2006-07-08, 02:41 PM
Bron Yr Aur
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Re: DVD Burning Questions

Ok, I'll try that, thanks for the advice.

However, now when I try to open the Set Two files from the UM 2002-05-17 DVD, it says there are no DVD video files to burn, when I select that folder as the VIDEO_TS folder. However, the individual files do play in PowerDVD. Also, when I try to check the Set Two .md5's, the mkw opens, then closes immediately. I have been having some issues with this computer lately, which is why I'm trying to burn so much off in the first place, but I'm thinking this could possibly be part of the problem.
Old 2006-07-12, 03:29 AM
538.57 GB/237.45 GB/0.44

help with dvd-r dule layers

every time i burn a duel layer disk it does not play in my dvd player. i have a DL. burner and all that jive but every time i end up having to shrink it to 2 disks to play it on my player if any one could help me out our maybe tell me what i might be doing wrong i would be very grateful. btw i have a g.e dvd player that plays just about any other disks but DL.
Old 2006-07-24, 06:44 PM
1.99 TB/1.77 TB/0.89

Burning a DVD - Region Settings

I live in the USA, my standalone DVD player is region 1. My Lite-On DVD burner in my pc is set for region 1.
I just burned a dvd that my standalone player (Sony) will not play citing that it is "prohibited by area limitations" which I assume to be referring to the region code. I burned the dvd with Nero Express. It plays fine on my pc with PowerDVD.

I have since burned Hendrix at the Atlanta Pop Festival and that plays fine on the Sony.

What went wrong? Nero? The original files? I want to burn it again but not for another 30 cent coaster.
Old 2006-07-24, 06:50 PM
Happy little trees
TTD VIP
659.93 GB/7.41 TB/11.50

Re: Burning a DVD - Region Settings

What DVD did you try burning? And had anyone else in the thread had similar problems?
Old 2006-07-24, 06:55 PM
1.99 TB/1.77 TB/0.89

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmyth79
What DVD did you try burning? And had anyone else in the thread had similar problems?
It was ELO Live in London 1976 - I got off of Zomb. It's been snatched over 50 times with no problems as far as I know.
Is there anyway I can read the dvd I burned on my pc to see what region it is showing?
Old 2006-07-24, 06:58 PM
Happy little trees
TTD VIP
659.93 GB/7.41 TB/11.50

I'm sure there is but I don't use PCs so I would try videohelp.com. That place is great.
Old 2006-07-25, 04:45 AM
Utterly Bastard Groovy
75.55 GB/92.04 GB/1.22

I think there are lists online that give you codes that let you set your player to region 0. A friend brough the Led Zep live boxset once from the US and we got the code and it played fine. That said my DVD player was quite cheap and Sony are known for being awkward with this.
Old 2006-07-25, 12:39 PM
428.98 GB/892.01 GB/2.08

BURNing DVD9's....HELP!!

I know this has probably been brought up 1000 times but... I have a dual layer burner so I figured I could just drop dvd9 files into nero like dvd5's, then put in the extremely expensive dual layer disk and bling it up but I guess not. They burned to completion just fine so I figured it worked but they will not play. What special things do I need to do. I have wasted over 20 gigs of downloaded shit that I had to delete for space and 25$ on blanks. I got one blank left and want to get it right PLease help

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble