The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2008-05-31, 07:58 AM
TTD VIP
19.33 TB/8.15 TB/0.42

Torrents actual titles

Last night my David Crosby video torrent "David Crosby - One To One With John Tesh" was suddenly changed to "David Crosby - Interview" and then changed again to "David Crosby - Los Olivos". I remember recording the program when it aired in television, it was on a program called "One On One With John Tesh".

Who decides what a torrent is titled after it is seeded? How is this David Crosby title "David Crosby - One To One With John Tesh" any different than my previous David Crosby video "David Crosby - The Whoopi Goldberg Show" which was not edited my a moderator? If the names of the television shows from which videos are recorded are not allowed, shouldn't it apply to all torrents? Therefore, no "Tonight Show" "Sixty Minutes" "Sunday Night/Night Music" etc. This seems that it should be posted in the uploading guidlines.

Last edited by paddington; 2008-05-31 at 12:33 PM. Reason: posting PMs in public forums is a big no no... no no.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2008-05-31, 09:44 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Torrents actual titles

Each of the Torrent forums have a couple of Mods that 'run' the forums and one of the things they try to do is keep it as organized as possible so that it is easy for people to find what they are looking for. Very often dates are 'fixed', band titles are shortened (sometimes there are a *lot* of names put into the titles), or taping gear removed from the title. All of that stuff has a place in the thread descriptiong. The title is meant to just label the torrent, not necessarily tell all there is about the torrent.

I do agree that perhaps we should add something to the guidelines that says TV show names should be in the description, not the title.

Old 2008-05-31, 04:29 PM
TTD Hoarder
TTD Staff
326.11 GB/317.06 GB/0.97

I title my recordings "artist - venue, city, state yyyy-mm-dd."

All the info you need. If it happens to be part of some festival or special event, that goes in the text file & description.

I don't see this as that big of a deal. Certainly not such a monumental issue that it requires starting multiple threads about it. I've modded at a site before, & sometimes things get missed while others are seen & "fixed." It's hard to catch everything.

Let it go, vlad, it's really not worth all this effort. It's not like somebody used white-out on your original copy of the Magna Carta...it's a torrent title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
Sometimes im dense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
I hate not being a real man.
Old 2008-05-31, 04:45 PM
infecting the crypts.
TTD VIP
TTD Staff
2.83 TB/13.20 TB/4.67

May be, but last week, my Warrior Soul-Interview-DVD (from "Headbanger´s Ball") was changed to "New York City", that was wrong as it has been a German-(= European) MTV-broadcast from 1993, so it was from London (where, as I forgot to mention, the interview was recorded), so I had to edit it again.

--

"never understood the snobbishness over a microphone. I mean fuck, I killed 3 moose, 2 caribou and a bear by age 16, but I sure as hell don't go bragging about the gun used (.308). the point is to knock down the animal, not what you knock it down with.

dumbass."

(Ballsdeep, 2015-02-16)

--

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...faq_audioguide

Old 2008-05-31, 04:59 PM
TTD VIP
19.33 TB/8.15 TB/0.42

This is all a non-issue. In TTD Band Restriction Policies it states:

"Complete broadcasts of TV shows - complete broadcasts that are NOT primarily about music are NOT allowed. This includes, but is not restricted to, SNL, Letterman, Video Award shows. The music portion IS allowed, but not the complete broadcast."

So it shouldn't matter if a TV show name is in the title of the torrent. If the legal teams from television companies were a concern, this would not be posted here.
Old 2008-05-31, 05:02 PM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

case by case, vlad.
Old 2008-05-31, 05:24 PM
Greedy Corporation
TTD Staff
73.48 GB/423.76 GB/5.77

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer View Post
I don't see this as that big of a deal. Certainly not such a monumental issue that it requires starting multiple threads about it. I've modded at a site before, & sometimes things get missed while others are seen & "fixed." It's hard to catch everything.

Let it go, vlad, it's really not worth all this effort. It's not like somebody used white-out on your original copy of the Magna Carta...it's a torrent title.
very wise post.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions