The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2006-08-08, 10:49 AM
1.42 TB/2.75 TB/1.94

Question 'Invalid argument'........ 'internal error 22'

Could somebody take a moment and tell me what this error means. Every peep and even the seed are firewalled......... is this why the error

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...chmentid=15625

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-08-08, 10:58 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: 'Invalid argument'........ 'internal error 22'

You mean this Bob Marley show:
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=24169

I see three seeders (one is firewalled) and one leecher (who is firewalled). I'm not sure that that is the show you meant. (next time, just post a link to the thread, not the torrent file).

And where are you seeing this error? In your bittorrent client? Which bittorrent client?

Old 2006-08-08, 11:55 AM
1.42 TB/2.75 TB/1.94

Thank you for replying. Sorry for linking incorrectly, and my bad eyesight.

I am seeing the error in my bt client which is BitTornado. I have gotten around this problem in the past by redirecting the download to a different hdd; no idea why that seem to solve the problem, but not this time. I was just wondering. I have the silver of this particular show, but would like to have the data files is all. Thanks.
Old 2006-08-08, 12:28 PM
1.42 TB/2.75 TB/1.94

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosalee
Thank you for replying. Sorry for linking incorrectly, and my bad eyesight.

I am seeing the error in my bt client which is BitTornado. I have gotten around this problem in the past by redirecting the download to a different hdd; no idea why that seem to solve the problem, but not this time. I was just wondering. I have the silver of this particular show, but would like to have the data files is all. Thanks.
More info on error 22: 'couldn't allocate directory'. If that is of help. I don't know what that means? And there are 3seeds waiting for me.... hopefully <-just humour. Thanks for your time.
Old 2006-08-08, 01:01 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Here is a thread about the same thing and the same torrent. It sounds like he did a couple of things (the colon in the torrent name and the comma in a file name) that caused problems. I would try downloading the show with uTorrent. Many users are very happy with that client.

Old 2006-08-08, 01:02 PM
1.42 TB/2.75 TB/1.94

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
Here is a thread about the same thing and the same torrent. It sounds like he did a couple of things (the colon in the torrent name and the comma in a file name) that caused problems. I would try downloading the show with uTorrent. Many users are very happy with that client.
Alright. Thank you.
Old 2006-08-08, 01:20 PM
1.42 TB/2.75 TB/1.94

Thanks for the assistance. I am onboard now

Interesting bt client, utorrent. I have read about it, but well, i just thought i'd stick with the one i knew. Will experiment with it; it is working for me. Thanks
Old 2006-08-09, 12:09 AM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

uTorrent is great... BitTornado used to be king, but they really screwed the pooch / jumped the shark, etc during the last year or so... all the new releases are crap and are buggy. .14 should be the newest you use, if you use it at all anymore.
Old 2006-08-09, 12:59 AM
We all walk the Long Road....
75.63 GB/483.42 GB/6.39

I thought this was about the zeppelin thread
Old 2006-08-09, 01:15 AM
fade on the downbeat
56.75 GB/125.05 GB/2.20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrab66
I thought this was about the zeppelin thread
me too.
Above all, recognize that everything you know is a flat-out lie or is only relatively true in certain restricted and unpleasant situations. ~ Robert Hunter
Old 2006-08-09, 08:06 AM
appalachianamerican
1.26 TB/2.77 TB/2.21

I get the same error message when I try to save this BC DVD cover!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SNAG-0000.jpg
( 43.6 KB, 23 views)

Old 2006-08-09, 10:30 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dog
I get the same error message when I try to save this BC DVD cover!
Your problem is easily resolved also...

Old 2006-08-09, 12:10 PM
1.42 TB/2.75 TB/1.94

Oh, I like the emoticon^ I cannot remember when I used IE last How do I get me one of those?

I am using Utorrent exclusively now...... seems like a fine bt client. One question: how do you 'announce' to your fellow peeps? That is, sometimes you are still seeding but you fall off(sort of speak) the counter as far as getting credit(on your share ratio). In btTorn, I use to just manually announce myself(just once;no hammering) and walla, I was back on the list. Seems I "fall off" over at Dime more than anywhere else. Kinda sucks to be seeding for a long time and not see your ratio improve on the site when you finally close the torrent. I do not seem to have the problem here since my ratio dropped alarmingly, and then I just seeded and seeded and it came back up to polite.

As always, thanks
Old 2006-08-09, 12:51 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

rosalee, are you talking about how do you 'stop' correctly so that your ratio gets updated correctly? You can just click on the red stop button (the square one, not the X) and it should then announce to the tracker that you are done and the tracker should grab your latest stats. If you are seeing problems on DIME, it could be that they only update the stats every so often. If you want to force the tracker to update, you can also right-click on the torrent and go to Update Tracker.

Oh, and that little smilie can be obtained by typing : loveff : without the space before/after the colons.

Old 2006-08-09, 01:29 PM
1.42 TB/2.75 TB/1.94

Thank you for that info, AND the emoticon...... very cool

No, not stopping, all set with that. Just that i noticed that 'sometimes' when i check the 'peers' list and look at seeders expecting to see myself listed, i am not there. As soon as i hit, 'manual announce' button (on btTorn.... haven't used uTor over there yet), bingo, i am back on the list of seeders. So i was wondering whether all that time i was not showing up(they say the tracker announces every 45min), i was seeding altruistically in the purist sense(no credit ). Now that i am switching over to the uTor client, i just want to be sure i know how to 'manually' announce myself to the tracker and not lose those valuable little bits of credit. Seems so hard to get one's esr up at DIME(without uploading a show). I will do that eventually. In the meantime, i do manipulate my bandwith, try not to spread it too thin, etc. Fortunately, i have the fatest pipe i could get from my isp without going T1....... ouch$ Well, i think i'm just looking for easy info here, without reading the uTor 'how to' Apologize. Thanks all the same tho...... i will go read.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble