The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-11-20, 12:14 PM
5.49 GB/5.90 GB/1.07

DVD Burn Incomplete

OK,

One last newbie question, promise!

I have burned the first DVD from the following:

Linege: AUD (3-cameras) > ? Master > ? Transfer > ? Author > DVD > VOB2MPG > VideoReDo Plus (cut intro/outro/malarkey) > TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 (new chapters/menus) > VIDEO_TS

Video: NTSC 29.97fps, 720x480
DVD 1 Bitrate = 4063kbps
DVD 2 Bitrate = 3998kbps

Audio: Camera
AC3, 48khz, 192 Kb/s

After burning, I played on my DVD player, and after 33 minutes, it skipped back to the beginning, leaving out the rest of the 65 minute long show. I put it in my computer, and it shows that the DVD only contains the 33 minutes worth of video.

I used windows DVD copier program to burn the DVD copy of the entire DVD1 TS file from a relatively new computer, and burned it onto a Maxell DVD+RW disc.

Do I need a dual layer disc? The "written" portion when visibly looking at the writeable side of the disc shows it about 2/3rds written from the center.

I tried burning a copy the DVD2 TS file, and the same thing happened, 2nd half of the show missing.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

H to O
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-11-20, 12:36 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: DVD Burn Incomplete

It helps if you post a link to the show.

I'll let some windows people try to help you. Most people here use either ONES or Nero to burn though. Perhaps you could post a link to where you got instructions on how to burn a DVD from a VIDEO_TS folder using the application you are using.

Also, if you look at the contents of the DVD on your computer, does it have all the same files as the VIDEO_TS folder that you downloaded?

Old 2007-11-20, 01:36 PM
5.49 GB/5.90 GB/1.07

Thanks for the advice U2Lynne.

Here is where I found the show and downloaded it, completed successfully:

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=47919

It appears the DVD (which I have with me here at work) has the same files as the original TS file. Additionally, there are .BUP files of each file on the DVD. I'll double check at home later to make sure (orig TS is on home computer).

As far as the windows instructions, I asked for advice in a thread I started a few below this one regarding sound issues I originally had in Roxio. I had some assistance in that thread, never got Roxio to work, but applied the same advice to the windows program that opens on my computer when I load a blank DVD, and it worked! Only for half the DVD though!

I'll try to post some more specific info on the windows program name when I get home.

Thanks again!

H to O
Old 2007-11-20, 03:36 PM
Lockout here
561.93 GB/871.08 GB/1.55

check & post info if on your burnt disc you have all files as listed on the torrent page
Old 2007-11-20, 03:37 PM
167.16 GB/54.49 GB/0.33

okay, just to throw in my 2 cents:

If you burn a data dvd using whatever software that came with the computer you need to burn the VIDEO_TS folder and an empty folder called AUDIO_TS
the way that the person designed the dvd that you got, it needs 2 DVD5 (not a duel layer disk) instead of one DVD9.
so if you burn it as a data disc with the two folders then it should work
Old 2007-11-20, 08:19 PM
5.49 GB/5.90 GB/1.07

OK, I have good news to report!

After making two more drink coasters, I figured it out....

There are four .vob files associated with the disc #1 TS file. I was using "Windows DVD Maker", which came on at the load of a blank DVD. This program would only burn one of the .vob files, no matter how many I had selected to burn. All would play during the "preview", but only one would burn.

Stumbling forward, I found that I have "Windows Movie Maker" on my computer, and discovered that if I took each of the four .vob files and placed them in the sequencial frames in order, this would create a movie that allowed the whole contents to burn seemlessly.

So, although I will probably upgrade my software in the future, this method seems to have worked fine for now.

Now on to a stallar RUSH DVD!

Thanks for your help and tips!

H to O
Old 2007-11-21, 06:35 AM
Lockout here
561.93 GB/871.08 GB/1.55

Windows Movie Maker is (a shit) for making a video, so it will re-encode (=degrade) the original DVD. Download free DVD burning program http://www.imgburn.com

1. From menu "Mode" select "Build"
2. Choose folder where you have DVD files
3. Choose destination and file name for the ISO file
4. When the file is done, from the menu "Mode" select "Write" > select the file you created
5. Select from the right window "Write Speed" 4x or 8x, depends on quality and brand of a DVD disc you have (never burn at maximum speed!)

Hope it helps,
Pawel
Old 2007-11-21, 11:24 AM
5.49 GB/5.90 GB/1.07

Thanks pawal, windows did take a long time for re-encoding. I'll give IMGBURN a try after the Thanksgiving holiday.

H to O

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble