The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2011-11-13, 07:22 PM
1.06 TB/422.20 GB/0.39

pulled seed

I have seeded a very nice and clean recording by the Arre cello ensemble .
A recording with no audience chat, no cough, no glass noise ,no chair noise .
The reason is that i didn't record on PCM mode, so s a clean good sounding recording worse than a state of the art but noisy one ?
Shouldn't the community who is interested in some type of music (experimental or avant garde in this case) decide if they want to listen to some recording ?
I can understand the rule in the case of more popular groups who have lots of tapers .
But the music that isn't so popular is by this rule receiving an indirect censorship which they don't deserve specially in the case when the recordings are fine....
So i don't think these recordings should have been pulled nobody complaines just read the response.....
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2011-11-13, 07:35 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: pulled seed

There would be a lot of people who wouldn't complain if you seeded mp3s either, it's just that when we started this site, we decided to have certain standards in place for the recordings. This isn't anything against you or your show, it's just the rules that we have in place and follow.

Old 2011-11-13, 11:57 PM
1.06 TB/422.20 GB/0.39

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
There would be a lot of people who wouldn't complain if you seeded mp3s either, it's just that when we started this site, we decided to have certain standards in place for the recordings. This isn't anything against you or your show, it's just the rules that we have in place and follow.
I am insisting cause i know many members enjoyed the first recording ...rules for music lovers must have a degree of logic....and common sense.
Rare group of rare music of rare country ... you could strech once in a while ..
The standards are arguable ...top gear/ bad recording vs. not so top gear/ good recording...

thanks anyway for your time
Old 2011-11-14, 07:58 AM
HOINFODALER
TTD VIP
158.69 GB/345.63 GB/2.18

there are plenty of other places like dimeadozen & zombtracker that you can seed your recording at. it's not like this is the only torrent site on the net.
Old 2011-11-14, 12:57 PM
Greedy Corporation
TTD Staff
73.48 GB/423.76 GB/5.77

Why would recording in PCM make your recording noisy?
Old 2011-11-15, 02:10 PM
1.06 TB/422.20 GB/0.39

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
i can't go back to the past to recording it on PCM ....
Old 2011-11-15, 02:13 PM
1.06 TB/422.20 GB/0.39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostwheel View Post
there are plenty of other places like dimeadozen & zombtracker that you can seed your recording at. it's not like this is the only torrent site on the net.
Thatīs not very supportive for the TTD members interested in this recording...
Old 2011-11-15, 08:46 PM
Recording/Mastering Engineer
775.22 GB/3.83 TB/5.05

Quote:
Originally Posted by defe06 View Post
Thatīs not very supportive for the TTD members interested in this recording...
beat that dead horse!

It's not like we all just visit TTD, do we? Really?

Don't be offended that there are rules in place to keep this site as "clean" of lossy recordings as possible. It was decided a long time ago here that MiniDisc is basically a dead format and that tapers worth their salt should phase them out and upgrade. There are PCM wave recorders that record 24 bit 96 khz for $100 that run circles around the compressed to death minidisc. I used to use MD's, but, hell, I've switched to keep up with the times (and I can't afford to, but I did!)...

I don't mean to belittle your recording or your efforts, but, really, how big an audience do you think you're going to get for your recording? Why do you JUST want to seed it here, where there are rules that clearly state that you cannot? Why not put it elsewhere, where you CAN actually be allowed to post it? What's the big deal?

Honestly, if you're taping more shows in the future, record PCM wave files, or better yet, retire that tired old MD deck and upgrade to a better recorder. You'll be thanking me later! I know from experience!
Old 2011-11-16, 11:54 AM
Greedy Corporation
TTD Staff
73.48 GB/423.76 GB/5.77

Quote:
Originally Posted by defe06 View Post
Quote:
i can't go back to the past to recording it on PCM ....
So what you said above was nonsense.
Old 2011-11-16, 08:46 PM
1.06 TB/422.20 GB/0.39

Quote:
So what you said above was nonsense.
it does you just don't seem to get my point...anyway it was interesting to change views.....
Old 2011-11-17, 12:16 PM
Trainwreckin' Fool
615.69 GB/3.17 TB/5.27

Nope, we all got it. Ditch/retire the minidisc & get a flash recorder. Best thing any of us ever did. Transfer time of minutes, not hours.

Meatwad: I thought you said TV was bad.
Frylock: It is. But we fucking need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by general eclectic
There's a big difference between getting trashed and disappearing.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions