The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

View Poll Results: Would you post more in the Lounge if it were more actively moderated like the rest of TTD?
Yes 33 36.67%
No 57 63.33%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-01-27, 12:13 AM
Giver of Zero Fucks
76.15 GB/132.64 GB/1.74

Re: Why don't you visit the Lounge @ TTD? (public poll)

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
Lynne is right here. It just took me a while to read through all the posts that have been made since I last read this thread.

I've chimed in. But, I try to not lead with an iron fist by jumping right in and saying N Change Will Be Made! Bill and I have actually talked about this and so now he is getting an opinion from a larger group.

And, the discussion is good. I think the two 'sides' are not quite as far apart any longer and when that happens usually I don't need to do as much to make people happy as when they are still at opposite ends of the spectrum.
Hi Lynne! Sometimes a decision does need to be made. I think the ultimate joke is on everyone taking it seriously 1 side or another and you, as The Creator, get to kick back like Lisa Simpson, or was it Eric Cartman, or maybe Jesus... who created this whole artifical world just for pure entertainment and then to sit and watch it burn... Still knowing you created the whole time. You don't want to make it that easy, you want to sit back and see where it goes... I guess that is what I would do if I were you. Just no shirts...

Edit: Uh-Oh, you refer to yourself in the third person now...
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2011-01-27, 10:40 AM
trigonometric parallax
327.09 GB/412.11 GB/1.26

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer View Post
Don't know that I'd post any less either.
another +1
Old 2011-01-27, 10:47 AM
Cornelious Jerome Garcia Oppenheimer Cornelious Jerome Garcia Oppenheimer is offline
136.25 GB/177.94 GB/1.31

There are a few no votes that could not post any more unless the time between post requirements were removed.
Old 2011-01-27, 10:48 AM
Greedy Corporation
TTD Staff
73.48 GB/423.76 GB/5.77

What?
Old 2011-01-27, 10:51 AM
Cornelious Jerome Garcia Oppenheimer Cornelious Jerome Garcia Oppenheimer is offline
136.25 GB/177.94 GB/1.31

Some that voted they would not post more, could not post more unless the time between posting requirements were removed. They are already whores.
Old 2011-01-27, 10:58 AM
Greedy Corporation
TTD Staff
73.48 GB/423.76 GB/5.77

Oh. I get it.
Old 2011-01-27, 10:59 AM
136.25 GB/177.94 GB/1.31

I knew you would.
Old 2011-01-27, 11:01 AM
136.25 GB/177.94 GB/1.31

@ Craig/Direwolf

Why don't you just leave the modding to the mods with this thread and stick to your server activities. This thread is being watched by Lynne and a host of other mods. You are a little too close to the topic at hand to really be modding it effectively. I thought James said that you only mod when necessary?

Talk to you later Craig. Thanks for all the help you do around here with the server. I probably haven't mentioned that enough.
Old 2011-01-27, 11:04 AM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

Where are all the fucking posts?

Craig, you need to cease moving / editing posts. That isn't your role.
Old 2011-01-27, 11:07 AM
136.25 GB/177.94 GB/1.31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskg View Post
Where are all the fucking posts?

Craig, you need to cease moving / editing posts. That isn't your role.

James.
Old 2011-01-27, 12:29 PM
Fuck 2024
1.58 TB/3.22 TB/2.04

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigguy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoooma View Post
Sometimes in a debate, when a person has no true argument, they'll just attack because they want to win and advance their agenda no matter what so the only thing they can do is marginalize the other person. These people and some others have no sense of decency, they simply do not know what mutual respect is all about, or they have so much hatred in them that they don't care. They're sad people who should be felt sorry for. Sometimes something like a fun and normally functioning forum can be quite uncomfortable and even downright unpleasant because of those people. They definitely need to be told what's what and shown the door if necessary.
Nice ratio.

I had a look at those Steve Hoffman forums, and yikes! I'll take irreverence over hard-core wankery any day. I prefer my unicorns slightly twisted but free to roam. YMMV.

I am all for giving people the respect they have earned, but if one earnestly posts in the lounge about liking Miley Cyrus, well...they would be foolish not to expect some negative attention.

When dealing with a lightly moderated forum, it's best not to take yourself or most anything that is said too seriously.

As far as the quality of the people who post there, see above. ^

That being said, it can't hurt anyone to be nicer. When all else fails there's always the ignore feature. Works for users, threads and forums.

~Dorothy Parker
Old 2011-01-27, 12:38 PM
Political Hack
10.32 GB/32.56 GB/3.16

How many people with less than 1000 posts have posted in this thread? Methinks it's turned into an opportunity for the same old people to complain about the same old people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluzman
You are more elite than anybody else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Does it bother you that you have so much in common with Karl Rove?
Old 2011-01-27, 01:28 PM
On the Beach
666.18 GB/1.29 TB/1.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrider895 View Post

I had a look at those Steve Hoffman forums, and yikes! I'll take irreverence over hard-core wankery any day. I prefer my unicorns slightly twisted but free to roam. YMMV.

When dealing with a lightly moderated forum, it's best not to take yourself or most anything that is said too seriously.

That being said, it can't hurt anyone to be nicer. When all else fails there's always the ignore feature. Works for users, threads and forums.
exactly. But they do average 400 users in their GD with 200 people minimum.
its a mix of hardcore A/V nerds and a handful of serious audio engineers.. like Atlantic records/major label audio engineers. pretty cool.
when I showed up there a post or two were deleted daily had to adjust the mouth management. I like that forum. its alright when I need a break from here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigguy View Post
How many people with less than 1000 posts have posted in this thread? Methinks it's turned into an opportunity for the same old people to complain about the same old people.
um.. uh. its not the 80,000 users some were expecting.
Old 2011-01-27, 01:50 PM
2.21 TB/3.10 TB/1.40

Ummm....I hadn't even given a thought to visiting the Lounge until now, so maybe the poll or the question about moderation has at least inspired me to check it out. We'll see how it goes, I reckon.
Old 2011-01-27, 02:04 PM
Playin in the Banned
129.36 GB/469.57 GB/3.63

For the record, I find myself spending less time here NOT because of the content but because of changes in my life. Work is considerably busier, I've got greater responsibility at home, and I have other distractions (Facebook, Fantasy Football which I started playing because of TTD). I like what CC said regarding the ignore feature. I dont' employ the "feature" per se, but if people or topics or threads bother me, I steer clear. The Zep Lineage threads and Politics forums are two examples.

There are other long time/old time members of this forums who rarely or never post here anymore. I can say with some accuracy that they are in the same or similar situation as I am; life doesn't afford the message board hang out time it once did. So regardless of the amount of moderation, increase or decrease in the enforcement of rules, etc, none of it will have as much impact on my time spent here as all of the real life factors that already dictate how much time I spend @ TTD, what threads I post in and who I choose to "socialize' with.

If put to an official and binding vote, I'd vote against any increase in rules and enforcement and such. This place and its predecessor have ALWAYS ebbed and flowed with regards to the amount of trolling, nastiness and personal attacks along with the moderation of those activities. Six and a half years later, TTD is still here and things seem to work themselves out. That's not to say that anyone else's opinion is wrong, I'm just offering mine.

:2cents:

"I love Bobby...hes been singing truckin for 40 years and still doesn't get the lyrics right.....but then he can deliver desolation row without a hitch!!! yea that makes sense!?! VERY grateful dead of him." --IggyM

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Tags
lounge