The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Music Sharing > Snail Mail Trading > Good & Bad Traders

Notices

Good & Bad Traders If you've had either a good or bad experience with a trader here, please let people know.

Old 2010-11-19, 05:55 AM
316.00 MB/156.56 MB/0.50

Thumbs up Great Trader: Mindfreak

Just finished a trade with Mindfreak and everything went smoothly.

Look forward to more
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2011-01-30, 11:03 AM
801.03 GB/340.05 GB/0.42

Re: Great Trader: Mindfreak

my trade with him was not so good.....it was a B&P trade...after i sent my discs i was informed that some of the shows had the wrong dates (this was no real issue as i did not have them anyway), then the promised shipping date came and went (after a week i emailed and was told that he was busy with work and would send them on the next monday), the discs never arrived, i emailed again and was told that they were probably lost in the post. He promised to re-send and let me have the tracking number for the parcel. The day before he was due to send he emailed me to tell me he was missing one title out of the trade. I asked him to send whatever he could (as i was now getting frustrated and didn't want to delay the package any further)...i did not get the tracking number but the discs did arrive including blanks for the lost title....when i checked the discs one of them was not one of the gigs but a Harry Potter film!!!

I emailed him to let him know and told him that the trade had been a disaster - 3 days later I have heard nothing more from him.
Old 2011-02-03, 06:56 AM
2.98 GB/448.06 MB/0.15

Unfortunately I have had the same problem as bulldog.

It was a B&P trade set up before New Year. I sent my DVDs (4 DVDs to cover 2 shows) on 31/12. I left it a week before emailing to ask if there was any sign of them, as we are in the same, small country so post should generally be quite quick, and on 07/01 I got:
"Not yet I will let you know when they arrive Cheers Luke."
This was the last email I got from him. I emailed again on 16/01 to say that if the package hadn't arrived by the end of the week just let me know, we can assume they have been lost in the post and I'll send again.

To date I have had no response to my message, no update on whether or not he got my package and I have received nothing. To be honest I think the problems with both myself and Bulldog could have been avoided with a little communication.

TTD Feedback:
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...php?p=1047748#
Old 2011-02-09, 04:12 AM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Thanks guy for the heads up. I had a problem to. I sent him my trade list and asked if you saw anything of interests, if not if I could do a b&p. Never heard back from the guy very strange. Its now a month or more.
Old 2011-02-10, 11:14 AM
doubleolove
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

I hate to have to add a comment to this thread though I still give Luke a little leeway right now. I too sent Luke 8 B&P's for 4 shows before the Holidays. He sent me an e-mail on January 5th and said my discs were being posted the next day. Over a month later, no discs. I do realize Overseas shipments can take a while but still! I PM'd Luke a few days ago letting him know I hadn't received the discs yet. My message hasn't been read by him yet here on TTD. I know things happen, as I just had to reseed 4 vines worth of discs due to a personal circumstance with an oversaeas trader. I am certainly not going to get upset if I lose 8 Blank Discs. But since comments have been posted with a similar experience, I thought it was worth adding to it. If I hear from Luke and/or receive the discs, I will post a follow-up.
Old 2011-02-10, 04:54 PM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

Quote:
Originally Posted by garth View Post
Thanks guy for the heads up. I had a problem to. I sent him my trade list and asked if you saw anything of interests, if not if I could do a b&p. Never heard back from the guy very strange. Its now a month or more.
someone not responding to yer trade request does NOT constitute "a problem" or make them a questionable/bad trader -- it simply means they are either too busy to set up a trade or aren't interested in anything you have

sure a quick reply with "sorry not interested" would be nice, it is by no means compulsory and does not make them a bad trader
Old 2011-02-11, 01:21 AM
10.16 GB/157.56 MB/0.02

I am beginning to worry now... we set up a b&p trade, I asked for these shows:
Helloween Eindhoven 1986
King Diamond Detroit 1986
King Diamond Gothenburg 1987
Kiss Alive 35 Nijimegegen Holland 15/6/2008 (Complete Arrow Rock Verison)
As Luke told me, the b&p also applied on other shows on his list, so we made this deal: I would send him 25 blanks, and Luke would select good Kiss shows. I sended him 25 blanks a few weeks ago. After a while I asked Luke if he received my discs, wich he replied: yes, received the discs, your discs will be sended out tomorrow. This is more than 2 weeks ago. In the meantime, I asked him if it was possible to send me a list with the shows he sended me, and this is the reply I got:

Hi,

i sended you these shows:

Helloween Eindhoven 1986
Kiss Alive 35 Nijimegegen Holland 15/6/2008 (Complete Arrow Rock Verison)

greetings,

Kurt

I am confused, is his name Luke or Kurt? And why would he only send me 4 shows for 25 blanks? I would at least expect about 12 shows?
I asked what was going on, but no reply op to now....
Old 2011-02-11, 11:34 AM
doubleolove
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Sounds like "Luke" or "Kurt" got confused with the first 4 shows you wanted and then your second request of picking remaining "Good" Kiss shows. Not that you did anything wrong but perhaps it may have been a good idea to say something like:
"In addition to these four shows, I requested:
Helloween Eindhoven 1986
Kiss Alive 35 Nijimegegen Holland 15/6/2008 (Complete Arrow Rock Verison), please use the remaining blanks for 8 Good Kiss shows of your choice in your collection"
or something like that. Just a suggestion. I have learned many years through trading that you may have to spell everything out in an e-mail when making a trade request. As it is, it seems like there is a language barrier with Luke/Kurt anyway.

I hope none of us are being scammed. I still haven't received my discs and my PM I sent to Luke here remains unopened.
Old 2011-02-12, 04:45 PM
doubleolove
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

UPDATE: I received a note from Luke today. He said all the parcels he sent out were returned to him and he would ship out the package again. So I will see what happpens.
Old 2011-02-13, 01:51 PM
10.16 GB/157.56 MB/0.02

Same here, Luke told me my parcel was returned. He also let me know he will add some Kiss shows, as agreed.
Old 2011-02-28, 01:41 PM
doubleolove
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Well 2 more weeks have gone by, still no discs. Sent another PM so we will see...
Old 2011-03-02, 09:19 PM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

So sorry guys to read these bad reviews

Yes the parcels where returned and after that I spent some time making sure the discs where not damaged in the post i was then hit with a virus and had to reformat my laptop a few times. I posted out all trades and B & P's the other week and refuse to do any more trading & B & Ps until all these issues have being sorted out as i don't what to people thinking Im a bad trader.

If anyone has any issues with there transaction Id appreciate if you emailed me direct at [email protected] as i don't seem to be getting notification of emails from here.

Luke.
Old 2011-03-02, 09:26 PM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Guys i'm so sorry about the delay in everyone's discs and any problems caused. My laptop was hit with a virus and then having the parcels returned to me made it even worse, after i formatted my laptop i checked to see if any of the discs where damaged.

All discs where posted out on Monday so hopefully you should get them soon, I refuse to do any more trading and B & Ps until i have sorted out these issues.
and hopefully i wont get a band name of here.

if anyone has any question please email me directed at

Glasgowillusionist(at)gmail.com
and I wil be more than happy to answer any questions.

Luke.
Old 2011-03-07, 12:14 PM
doubleolove
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

UPDATE: I received my 4 Discs from Luke today. I hope everyone receives theirs. I PM'd Luke to let him know as well.

Cheers,

Robert

The Traders' Den > Music Sharing > Snail Mail Trading > Good & Bad Traders