The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2007-05-20, 08:18 AM
GrOoOvemeister
2.57 TB/2.00 TB/0.78

Re: Is there an explicit ratio policy here?

dcbullet is right on the money, but really it's not my intention to flame Phish exactly, or to be rude about it...it's more of an upfront acknowledgement that I don't like Phish...I do lots of mail trading and such and I don't want people to waste time tryin to trade with me for Phish stuff, nor would I be interested in seeing the Phish portion of their trade list...I don't have any contempt for their fans (there's some really good people who dig them) or anything like that, it was really a formality...but to be honest, I've received lots of mail over the years about it...and those who laught their ass off beat out those who are offended by a solid 3 to 1

and I realize that bot isn't necessarily supposed to be taken seriously, but he has said some things that struck me as hateful...as did several around here, and I just find it discouraging...but to each their own, it's not my place to enforce decency...and as for U2Lynne, don't you worry about my knickers babe, I still put em on one leg at a time

as that guy in the Fantastic Four would say...FLAME ON!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-05-20, 08:34 AM
Tubular
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

In other words, it went over your head. Some people might find your username "hateful" and "discouraging" If it was your place to enforce decency, would you ban ironic, sarcastic humor?

Last edited by Tubular; 2007-05-20 at 08:42 AM.
Old 2007-05-20, 08:51 AM
Tubular
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

At first I thought your screenname was ironic (that you really dug them), but I see you are serious. How sad that you dedicated your identity (on a site that is all about sharing, no less) to disrespecting a band and its fans. I think I'm gonna change my screenname to "JimiHendrix_was_a_wanker"
Old 2007-05-20, 09:12 AM
Tubular
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

If you don't want to trade for a band, here is a brilliant idea: don't include that band on your ISO list. Or a simple "I'm not interested in Phish" would have sufficed. Instead, and this is what I find to be absolutely HI-larious, you probably get a lot of PM's from people who think your name is ironic (that you really dig them) and they want to trade some Phish!!!!
Old 2007-05-20, 12:05 PM
On the Beach
666.18 GB/1.29 TB/1.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phishblowz
dcbullet is right on the money, but really it's not my intention to flame Phish exactly, or to be rude about it...it's more of an upfront acknowledgement that I don't like Phish...I do lots of mail trading and such and I don't want people to waste time tryin to trade with me for Phish stuff, nor would I be interested in seeing the Phish portion of their trade list...I don't have any contempt for their fans (there's some really good people who dig them) or anything like that, it was really a formality...but to be honest, I've received lots of mail over the years about it...and those who laught their ass off beat out those who are offended by a solid 3 to 1

and I realize that bot isn't necessarily supposed to be taken seriously, but he has said some things that struck me as hateful...as did several around here, and I just find it discouraging...but to each their own, it's not my place to enforce decency...and as for U2Lynne, don't you worry about my knickers babe, I still put em on one leg at a time

as that guy in the Fantastic Four would say...FLAME ON!!!!!!
dont feed us bullshit & then expect us to respect your thoughts.

Bot made some valid points ..in its own Bot way -sorry the truth stings (and yes bot likes to gently tease).

Dont take people for idiots Phishblowz...it pisses them off... babe.
Old 2007-05-20, 12:09 PM
Tubular
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Phishblowz needs to grow up....and lose the pompous, self-important attitude.
Old 2007-05-20, 12:10 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Oh, well, phooey! I post about something that was edited above.

Old 2007-05-20, 12:12 PM
On the Beach
666.18 GB/1.29 TB/1.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubular
Was direwolf's post removed by a mod? I thought it was a good post....He was right, Phishblowz needs to grow up....and lose the pompous, self-important attitude.
sorry about that lynne & tubular... sometimes its best to get a thought out of your system.. then delete it.

Last edited by direwolf-pgh; 2007-05-20 at 12:18 PM.
Old 2007-05-20, 01:24 PM
433.71 GB/433.00 GB/1.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubular
Phishblowz needs to grow up....and lose the pompous, self-important attitude.
Personally, I'm all for some more written-on-stone gospel.

Now, excuse me, they are calling me in the string section...

:
Old 2007-05-20, 03:46 PM
GrOoOvemeister
2.57 TB/2.00 TB/0.78

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf-pgh
dont feed us bullshit & then expect us to respect your thoughts.

Bot made some valid points ..in its own Bot way -sorry the truth stings (and yes bot likes to gently tease).

Dont take people for idiots Phishblowz...it pisses them off... babe.
I'm very sorry you feel this way...I meant no harm, but obviously offense has been taken...I meant the U2Lynne comment in good fun...she's a great person (from what i know of her online) and she is right that I shouldn't get my knickers twisted...I was just acknowledging that, but I guess it wasn't taken right...sorry

I'm not entirely sure which bullshit you thought I was feeding you, but I'm sorry you feel the way you do...I simply feel that people who are intentionally hateful to other people aren't kind people, and there seems to be a lot of that, and I guess I fell into a little of it myself (for which I am sorry) and I guess I don't expect people to "respect" my thoughts as much as just understand how I feel about things, regardless if it's right or wrong...I am very open to the idea of being wrong and being corrected, but that can't happen unless I am honest about how I feel and get honest feedback (which is proving hard to do around here, and I too may not have been as constructive as I should be...unfortunately, and I'm sorry)

as far as a screename goes I think phish blowz and thought I'd share that with people...I really didn't know anyone online and didn't really give it a whole lotta thought, just thought it was cute, and ran with it...lots of folks think it's great, and there are a lot of folks who don't like phish who had to pm me with their approval (and dismay that they didn't think of it first) but I guess some may find it rude...but we are allowed to like and dislike whatever band we choose, and advertise the fact if we want to, but that shouldn't mean that I am attempting to offend their fans as well...my opinion of the band has nothing to do with my opinion of the fans...I love the Dead but that doesn't mean there weren't a fair share of assholes n the crowd...I'm sure many phish fans are good people...I've always enjoyed your efforts here, and try to be kind and post nice things and such on the torrents, and I am a little surprised that you would take me that way, so I must have come off rather poorly...for that I apologize once again

I think now that I have discussed the issue at length and received lots of helpful feedback on the matter, I have come to this...originally I felt that a ratio enforcement would ban many of the people that abuse the site, but then I realized (through constructive feedback) that it would ban good people too, and then I figured we could adjust the ratio to reflect the other efforts of sharing (bnp and vines, etc.) but it was pointed out that it would be a statistical nightmare for admin so I abandoned that idea...then I said we should ban people who are intentionally hateful and obnoxious, but it has become apparent that I, while trying to be a decent person, have come across as the same type of asshole I complain about (I feel pretty bad about that BTW) so I think we are left with only one solution...submission to the status quo...but I am left with just one question...

can't we all just get along

sorry I offended some folks...some I intended to offend and some took offense who I didn't intend to, but hopefully all this can be put behind us...I haven't got much else to add on the thread topic, because truly there is no answer but to leave it alone, or just shut the whole friggin thing down...there is no reasonable grey area on this one...so I will leave it alone...hopefully I will be forgiven for being a bit aggressive...I let it get to me, and I am working hard to let it go, and be a better person...and to reiterate...phish DOES blow, but they have some cool fans...please don't be offended by that, but I am known as who I am and to change that now would be a real pain in the ass...in retrospect I wish I had picked something cooler, but it's my name, and I live with it...I hope you can too...I love this place (I think we all do for watever our reasons are) so we all have something in common...hopefully we can build on that and not harbor resentment against each other...peace and love people (sorry I let hate and contempt seep in)

Respectfully,
Will
Old 2007-05-20, 04:28 PM
Tubular
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

It's all good man, not that you need my approval or anything. I understand how those hit-and-runners (with good upload speeds) can be extremely frustrating.
Old 2007-05-20, 04:33 PM
On the Beach
666.18 GB/1.29 TB/1.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phishblowz
can't we all just get along
absolutely !

I personally wish to thank you for all the great seeds that you have offered here - You would be surprised how many of them have brought me endless enjoyment. Your contribution & efforts have not gone unnoticed

-craig

& what tubular said... its all good!
Old 2007-05-20, 06:24 PM
Tubular
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Phishblowz: give Phish 8-17-96 (Clifford Ball) set 2 a listen. If it doesn't do anything for you, they probably aren't for you. Though I would guess you have probably given them a fair chance already.

Clifford Ball
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=25182

Last edited by Tubular; 2007-05-20 at 06:29 PM.
Old 2007-05-20, 07:29 PM
GrOoOvemeister
2.57 TB/2.00 TB/0.78

thanx guys...nice to know that water can still flow under the bridge without taking it out...I also appreciate your suggestion as to what constitutes a "good" phish show...I am not necessarily unreasonable, and I appreciate the gesture...there's too many good folks out there to spend my time trying to crucify the fuckers of the bunch...besides, to a handful, I'm one of the fuckers, so live and let live...I'm allowed to think uberleechers are douchebags, and they allowed to think whatever the hell they please...it's not my place to give a damn what they think and do, and vice versa...believe it or not, for all the bullshit in this thread (a bunch of which I am responsible for) I actually gained a lot of useful info from this thread...hopefully I can put it to practice

and as for direwolf-pgh...ditto bro, thanx for the good times...I've spent many a disc on your generosity...and I thank you for it
Old 2007-05-20, 08:06 PM
4.86 GB/734.96 GB/151.30

and they lived happily ever after ! The End

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions