The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2020-06-18, 10:10 AM
238.47 GB/346.51 GB/1.45

final step of torrent

Completed setting up a torrent, no errors.

Uploaded everything, no errors

Completed file allocation & hoped to start downloading from myself so my title can start seeding but nothing happens. No connection, smiley face stays RED with no connection.

How can I not be downloading from myself to get this new torrent started for everyone?
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2020-06-18, 11:01 AM
1.99 TB/1.77 TB/0.89

Re: final step of torrent

Did you download the torrent file that was created after you posted the torrent?

You cannot seed with the torrent file you uploaded, you must use the one posted in the torrent thread you created.

EDIT: Looks like you got it going this time.

I did not realize Silver Stallion was selling bootlegs
Old 2020-06-18, 01:20 PM
238.47 GB/346.51 GB/1.45

Thank you, HOMEBREW101.

The torrent is created & I upload it. The torrent shows up in the main list of new concerts being available but I have to download it first ... it gets personalized.
DOES IT MATTER WHERE I TELL VUZE TO DOWNLOAD TO?
I've been telling it to download to the folder where the VUZE torrent file already exists & where the video files exist in their own folder.
Should I be telling VUZE to download my torrent elsewhere? This is the part where it allocates to 100% then just stops & never moves to seeding.

11. Begin seeding.
VERY IMPORTANT: download the torrent file from the thread! It gets personalized upon download. Your original torrent file will give you tracker errors. Now open the .torrent file with your BitTorrent client of choice. After it checks the files, your client will register itself as a seed with the tracker. If your client supports "super-seed" mode, you will want to enable that. Though it's not required, this mode will help you distribute the torrent faster by lowering the amount of redundant uploads. If you don't use it, plan on the upload taking about 25% longer.
Old 2020-06-18, 02:25 PM
238.47 GB/346.51 GB/1.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrew101 View Post
Did you download the torrent file that was created after you posted the torrent?

You cannot seed with the torrent file you uploaded, you must use the one posted in the torrent thread you created.

EDIT: Looks like you got it going this time.

I did my 1st torrent with little struggle but now I can't do more.

Within a master folder called "My Music" I have all of the shows ready to be torrented. Each folder has the correct subfolders with vobfiles or audio files. Within the master "My Music" folder I also create & store the torrent file created with VUZE.

I use the TTD form to complete all the info, upload my torrent & complete the process (no errors). The new torrent is posted & visible for all to see on TTD. I have to download my torrent 1st to get it personalized. I believe this is where I may be making a mistake.

When I select my download in my own torrent I tell it to download to the "My Music" folder where everything already exists

VUZE completes the file allocation & then ...NOTHING ... It's supposed to download the DVD then move itself to seeding. For whatever reason I can't download my own files & it never moves to seeding.

I've swamped your active torrents list with 3 failed attempts today. I apologize but I don't know where I'm making my mistake - especially since my first torrent on 6/16 for THE JAM DVD was done correctly.
HELP PLEASE!!!
Old 2020-06-18, 02:34 PM
1.99 TB/1.77 TB/0.89

Download the personalized torrent file and then direct Vuze to the source folder inside your "My Music" folder such as "Collective Soul - Seoul, Korea - March 13, 2003 (NTSC)" or whatever that folder is named that only has the files in that specific torrent.

Do not direct Vuze to just My Music but the show's own folder: MyMusic/Collective Soul - Seoul, Korea - March 13, 2003 (NTSC)
Old 2020-06-18, 03:24 PM
238.47 GB/346.51 GB/1.45

DAMN - a thousand thanks. I think I got it now.
Much appreciated.
Old 2020-06-26, 03:44 AM
265.87 GB/249.88 GB/0.94

I find It's usually best to have everything Folders/torrent file/personalised torrent file in the 'Downloads' area of your PC.
When the personalised torrent file finishes downloading/checking the folder content do not worry if upload activity doesn't begin straight away, even if you see leechers showing on your torrent client ........ as not every leecher/peer will be able to connect to YOUR client.
Old 2020-07-05, 04:46 AM
Trader since 1980
2.00 TB/1.46 TB/0.73

I find it helpful to keep the torrent files created by Vuze, prior to upload, in a separate and clearly-marked folder from the downloaded ones.

Save the created torrent to "Vuze Preliminary" or similar
The downloaded torrent file to "Vuze Downloads"

then Open the second one to start the torrent off in your torrent client

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble