The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-12-13, 11:46 AM
TTD VIP
19.33 TB/8.15 TB/0.42

Torrent file upload failure.

Is anyone else having issues uploading the torrent file, prior to submitting? Now is the first time I've ever seen this problem?
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-12-13, 11:48 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Torrent file upload failure.

It's on the tracker. Let me delete it and you can try again. Make sure your announce url is correct.

Old 2007-12-13, 11:49 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Also, make sure it isn't already on the tracker. There are a couple of shows that come up when I search for "voodoo."

Old 2007-12-13, 12:33 PM
TTD VIP
19.33 TB/8.15 TB/0.42

Thanks Lynne!
Old 2007-12-17, 10:41 PM
29.79 GB/34.77 GB/1.17

I tried uploading a torrent and it said "upload" error a few seconds after. I tried making another one and it did the same thing.
Old 2007-12-17, 11:18 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

The reason for your upload error must have been one of the reasons listed on the upload page because the torrent never got uploaded to the tracker.

Quote:
Show / Hide If you are having problems uploading, look in here
If you get a torrent upload error, here are a couple things to look for:
- your announce url may be incorrect. Open the torrent in a text editor and make the announce url above is listed near the top of the torrent file. There should be a number "56" in front of the announce url.
- the file size is too big. Some torrent making applications make HUGE torrent files. Try using Azureus or uTorrent to make the torrent file.
- the torrent is already on the tracker. The tracker looks at the torrent hash. To get by this, change your text file slightly and make a new torrent. Also, give the torrent file a slightly different name.

If your torrent uploads fine, but then when you hit submit you get kicked back to this page:
- look to see if there are errors listed above the form. They will be in bold red.
- if there are no errors, it is probably that you reached the max length of the thread title or thread body. So, remove some of the text (you have to have some in the text boxes or you will get a bold red error) and after you are successful uploading the thread, you may add additional information in the second post.

If you continue to have problems, please post in Technobabble.

Old 2007-12-18, 12:30 PM
Lockout here
561.93 GB/871.08 GB/1.55

I have problem as well. First the button "Manage attachments" was inactive - works only when Automatically parse links in text is checked.

Then when I upload a torrent I get info that quota for my attachments is exceeded. WTF?! The torrent file has 86 kb (for 2xDVD5 = 8 GB).

Please help!
Old 2007-12-18, 12:42 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

It may be a torrent size problem with vbulletin. I saw that it was uploaded and I've since deleted the torrent from the tracker. The maximum size for torrents is 390.6 KB.

Old 2007-12-18, 12:52 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

It just happened again, right?

For some reason the old torrent had still been left on the tracker (I know I deleted it, so weird... I must have done something wrong.)

We can try again and this time I can make 100% sure it is deleted.

Old 2007-12-18, 01:20 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

OK, vbulletin doesn't like something about that torrent file. This is very, very weird. If you want, you can send it to me at [email protected] and I'll see if I can upload the torrent. This is just weird!

Old 2007-12-18, 01:23 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Oh well, f*!%$!

I figured it out... God, I am so f&^%$king stupid sometimes. You gave me the clue above and I didn't take it!!!!

It was that you are a viner also. vbulletin changed the way it looks at attachment permissions and since you are a viner, it shouldn't care about your attachment allotment, but it does and so now I've fixed it.

I can scream sometimes!!!!

Old 2007-12-18, 02:13 PM
Lockout here
561.93 GB/871.08 GB/1.55

Thanks Lynne but there is still something wrong with the "manage"... F*U*C*K*I*N*G button as it t works randomly

ehh, I had to react
Old 2007-12-18, 02:25 PM
Champion of the Silent
TTD VIP
727.47 GB/6.80 TB/9.57

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
Oh well, f*!%$!

I know what times I would hope those were, you sexy thing!
Old 2007-12-18, 04:34 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawel View Post
Thanks Lynne but there is still something wrong with the "manage"... F*U*C*K*I*N*G button as it t works randomly

ehh, I had to react
OK, I'm a bit tired from running around, so things go over my head and such, but.... I see you have a show up on the tracker now and it's working. Are you having troubles uploading another or are you just playing with me now...

Old 2007-12-18, 04:49 PM
On the Beach
666.18 GB/1.29 TB/1.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
Oh well, f*!%$!

I figured it out... God, I am so f&^%$king stupid sometimes. You gave me the clue above and I didn't take it!!!!

It was that you are a viner also. vbulletin changed the way it looks at attachment permissions and since you are a viner, it shouldn't care about your attachment allotment, but it does and so now I've fixed it.

there are only 5 people who would understand that post.

quota permissions are rarely fun. have a hug

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble