The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-08-03, 11:21 AM
VH NEW ORLEANS 7/13/78
118.51 GB/224.41 GB/1.89

Problem with initial seeding on Bit Torrent

This is just a recent phenomenon. When I go to seed something as the initial seeder, the torrent will go in spurts of uploading, and then will stop, and then will upload again, and then will stop uploading, etc. This first started happening with the Rush show I put up here last month, and it's happened again on other torrents on different sites. This only happens when I'm the initial seeder. I have no problems downloading, and no problems uploading when I'm not the initial seeder.

I'm using uTorrent, but I've also tried BitTornado and the same thing happens. I'm also plugged in directly to the modem, no routers involved, and on uTorrent it says that my network connection is fine. Anyone know what's going on?
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-08-04, 06:52 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Problem with initial seeding on Bit Torrent

Could this be something that your ISP is doing? Have you tried capping your upload to a rate about 20% less than the max and seeing if the problem still persists?

Old 2007-08-06, 11:01 AM
VH NEW ORLEANS 7/13/78
118.51 GB/224.41 GB/1.89

Re: Problem with initial seeding on Bit Torrent

Yes, I did try capping uploads and downloads to varying degrees, and that didn't do it. But I think I might have solved the problem. I'm seeding right now, and I decided to make the torrent with MakeTorrent2 as opposed to making it with uTorrent, and it's working fine. I only started using uTorrent to make the torrent in the last month, and the problems have only been in the last month. As weird as that is, that may have fixed it.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble