The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2006-05-21, 06:49 AM
383.68 GB/336.32 GB/0.88

Newbie here, want to know how....

I am new to the site, I would like to know what I need to do to upload shows for sharing....I have DVD Decrypter that can rip my DVD files, but I do not know how to get them into a usable Bittorrent file....I am running ABC, but am not sure if that can be used to creat a bittorrent...please help..I am dying to share!!!
Old 2006-05-21, 09:25 AM
hanshak2015
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Re: Newbie here, want to know how....

Look for a prog called MakeTorrent. Open the prog, link to your folder, enter an appropriate announce URL (depending on where you want to seed it) and it will generate a .torrent file for you. Then just upload the torrent.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-05-21, 10:08 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

You might want to look at our VBT Seeding Policy and our VBT Seeding Guide. Those may help you out.

Old 2006-05-21, 02:04 PM
383.68 GB/336.32 GB/0.88

Ive tried to follow the steps one at a time, but I cannot get it to work....I am trying to submit a torrent, says **********Invalid announce url! It MUST be http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...unce.php*****I dont get it...thats not the torrent file....so much bs to sift through...Id love to share but its very difficult...ive been waysting my whole weekend with no reults....someone help...I have downloaded and installed... ABC, maketorrent, Winace archiver, Gspot, MD%summer.....Im ready to delete everything and call it quits....
Old 2006-05-21, 03:04 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Hmmm, I'm not sure exactly where you are in the process - what you have successfully done and where you are stuck. Are you trying to upload a torrent file to the site and getting the Invalid announce url message? If you want, you can send me the torrent file you have created and I can take a look at it - [email protected]

Old 2006-05-21, 07:24 PM
383.68 GB/336.32 GB/0.88

I believe I have successfully ripped the dvd to a file, VIDEO_TS folder with all the correct innerds...I have the checksum correct...I am having a hell of a time trying to get the Torrent file correct. not sure how to create it, what exactly supposed to be in it, what to call it, what folder to put it in, and how to execute it...
Old 2006-05-21, 11:00 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

What program are you using to make your torrent file? MakeTorrent? Azureus?

When you get the DVD ready to seed, you should have a structure like this:

YourDVDFolder
- yourTextFile.txt
- yourChecksums.md5
- VIDEO_TS
- - all your .VOB files
- - all your .IFO files
- - all your .BUP files

When you make your torrent, you will have to select a folder to make the torrent from. In this case, you will select the YourDVDFolder folder.

Hopefully that helps out a bit more.

Old 2006-05-22, 03:35 AM
hanshak2015
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

From the Maketorrent error message, I'd say you just entered a wrong announce URL. Check Lynnes link for the VBT Seeding Guide and you should find the right one.
Old 2006-05-22, 06:07 AM
383.68 GB/336.32 GB/0.88

Trust me I ve gone over and over the seeding guide....I am using ABC....can someone explain the steps for making a torrent from ABC
Old 2006-05-22, 10:04 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

I think you finally got it right. Your torrent named "ND10212005FL.torrent" looks like it has the correct announce url and it looks like your did the folder structure correctly. Now, what you need to do it....

Go to the Video Upload Page (menu bar > Torrents > Upload Video Torrent). Select the type of show - audience or proshot. Type in the band name. Enter the date. Copy/paste your text file where it says Text File. Copy/paste your .md5s (you can open it with a text editor) into where it says Fingerprints. Select the type of Files (NTSC or PAL). Now, go to where it says Attach Torrent. Hit the Upload Torrent button. A small window will pop up. Browse to the torrent file and select it. Hit upload. Wait a second until it says the file is attached. Then hit Close Window. Now, back on the main upload page (the one where you filled all the information in), hit the Submit New Thread button. That will create your new thread with the torrent file attached. Then, you can hit the seeding button on your client and start seeding.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble