The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2007-12-04, 09:17 PM
One-Eyed Chesire
834.23 GB/1.29 TB/1.58

Re: Forum software upgrade on Monday

I also use 'First Post Date' as my thread order default, and it no longer works. It may be listing by Last Post, but it certainly is not working correctly.

Hopefully that will be corrected; I find it very useful to see the most recent posts/uploads whenever I return to a forum. I don't want to see anything old - I already have ; )

Thanks for the upgrade, and TIA for working out the bugs.
Old 2007-12-04, 10:10 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

First Post Date.... OK, now I understand what you guys are talking about. It was an old hack that I never used and I totally forgot about it. I've gotta go find my old code for it (hopefully I saved it somewhere).

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-12-04, 11:08 PM
1.30 TB/1.28 TB/0.98

I just uploaded a torrent and when I downloaded and started to seed I get a "bad data from tracker" error. I'm seeding and connected to peers, so all seems good that way. I tried opening and seeding a torrent I downloaded a few days ago and get the same error message. Everything works at the other sites I use, so something seems to be wrong with the tracker here
Old 2007-12-04, 11:15 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

I see you on the Peers List, so that is good and means the tracker is aware of you. Are you seeding from the same IP that you just posted from? Have you ever got that error before? "bad data from tracker" is a very generic error and could mean a ton of things, so I'm not sure what to suggest here. We didn't do anything to the tracker yesterday. The only changes are the forum software which uploads and downloads the torrent file itself.

Old 2007-12-05, 05:49 AM
4.32 TB/5.36 TB/1.24

I'm also getting the "bad data from tracker" error'. My down load has stopped downloading even thouh I'm only at 67.7%.
Old 2007-12-05, 06:47 AM
Shareblue Platinum Member
471.23 GB/591.81 GB/1.26

The hack that changes the format of posted email addresses isn't converting them to the xxx ( at ) cccc (dot ) com. or however it went before.
Old 2007-12-05, 05:40 PM
One-Eyed Chesire
834.23 GB/1.29 TB/1.58

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
First Post Date.... OK, now I understand what you guys are talking about. It was an old hack that I never used and I totally forgot about it. I've gotta go find my old code for it (hopefully I saved it somewhere).
I hope so too. As one who checks in constantly, it makes it simple to see what has been poste since my last visit. I imagine many people used this feature.

TIA for getting it back the great way it used to be.
Old 2007-12-05, 06:22 PM
4.32 TB/5.36 TB/1.24

I tried BitLord instead of BitTornado and the error message went away.
Old 2007-12-05, 06:23 PM
1.30 TB/1.28 TB/0.98

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentnaka View Post
I just uploaded a torrent and when I downloaded and started to seed I get a "bad data from tracker" error. I'm seeding and connected to peers, so all seems good that way. I tried opening and seeding a torrent I downloaded a few days ago and get the same error message. Everything works at the other sites I use, so something seems to be wrong with the tracker here
Error message is gone now, so problem seems to have been resolved.
Old 2007-12-05, 06:58 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1bertas View Post
I tried BitLord instead of BitTornado and the error message went away.
Actually, the problem got fixed and there is no need to change over to BitLord. I would strongly NOT recommend going to BitLord since it pounds the tracker and you may find yourself banned from the site (automatically) because of the pounding.

Old 2007-12-05, 07:02 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikox2 View Post
I hope so too. As one who checks in constantly, it makes it simple to see what has been poste since my last visit. I imagine many people used this feature.

TIA for getting it back the great way it used to be.
It looks like I'm gonna have to rewrite this hack since I can't find it anywhere. It allowed you to pick a default sort order in your User CP for all the forums, correct?

In the meantime, you can go into the forum and on the bottom you may select "Thread Start Time" and hit "Show Threads" and it will put them in order for you. Or, you can go to the torrents page and see them all also: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...s.php?tor=list

Old 2007-12-06, 08:02 AM
493.57 GB/328.43 GB/0.67

When I try to download a torrent file, it keeps taking me to this page:
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...5&d=1196815125
Reminds me of being in a Beckett play.
Old 2007-12-06, 09:20 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartgrooms View Post
When I try to download a torrent file, it keeps taking me to this page:
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...5&d=1196815125
Reminds me of being in a Beckett play.
And that page is downloading a torrent file for me, which is good, no? Perhaps you have something set to block pop-ups from this site? That page pops up a little window which asks me what to do with the torrent file.

Old 2007-12-06, 04:31 PM
147.43 GB/269.18 GB/1.83

When I try to upload a torrent with µtorrent, there is no upload torrent button. I see only this text:

Valid file extensions: Please only attach a single torrent file to this post. If you wish to attach images, do so in a separate post. Thank you.

The text is there before I try any uploading.
Old 2007-12-06, 05:27 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

I'm not sure how utorrent comes into play here, but if you hit the Go Advanced tab on the Quick Reply here, do you see the Manage Attachments button where it should be? Have you tried doing a Force Refresh on the upload page?

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions