The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2008-10-03, 05:52 PM
659.83 GB/1.42 TB/2.21

CREAM 2005.10.24 DVD torrent

To all who have been leeching this torrent or were going to, my apologies for it being pulled.

Mod, who pulled it, wrote:

"6. All seeds must contain a complete and accurate lineage.
This is extremely important. Any seed without complete lineage included will be deleted from our tracker. Any seed with inaccurate lineage will be deleted from our tracker. If you are ripping video from a VHS tape please ensure that it is a low analog generation source and include all information as to how the video was transferred including your hardware and software configuration. We prefer to have fully authored DVDs with logical chapter breaks when appropriate.

Also, ANY TV Broadcast or AUD recorded video from 2005 on MUST have COMPLETE & ACCURATE lineage!! There is NO EXCUSE for a show recorded in the last couple years to NOT have this."

Well, that's all nice and dandy but...

I bought an original silver Mid Valley bootleg set from a dealer in Japan. If I asked the dealer for the lineage, they would either tell me that they didn't know and couldn't get it, or they would laugh at me.

I have been collecting Mid Valley for over ten years and know of absolutely no place on the Internet where such information could be gotten.

The information I posted is the best, truthful information that is available.

To meet that requirement would require me to make up false information and supply that, which I will not do.

How about the information is not available.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2008-10-03, 06:20 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: CREAM 2005.10.24 DVD torrent

Perhaps a PM to the Mod or me would have been better than making a thread about it?

Old 2008-10-30, 11:07 AM
659.83 GB/1.42 TB/2.21

<yawn>
Old 2008-10-30, 11:37 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

We actually ended up having a four page discussion about this in our Staff forum. Basically, what it came down to was that this particular Silver DVD is from the same source as a known lineage DVD that has already been seeded except that the bitrate on this one was lower than the known lineage one and thus most likely a re-encoding of the known source DVD.

Old 2009-01-02, 05:11 PM
Jesus Christ
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
Perhaps a PM to the Mod or me would have been better than making a thread about it?
but not nearly so interesting for the rest of us.
i've gotten used to the strictness of the Video Forum now, and i actually find the restrictions reassuring and easy to work with. when i first came up against those strictures, i have to say that i thought the Video mods were a bunch of sadistic nazis.
of course, i was completely wrong. they are, in fact, a delightful conglomerate of talented, selfless individuals that bring incalculable joy to countless lives around the world.
Old 2009-01-02, 07:28 PM
TTD Hoarder
TTD Staff
326.11 GB/317.06 GB/0.97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Christ View Post
when i first came up against those strictures, i have to say that i thought the Video mods were a bunch of sadistic nazis.
of course, i was completely wrong. they are, in fact, a delightful conglomerate of talented, selfless individuals that bring incalculable joy to countless lives around the world.
Not really. They are, in fact, sadistic Nazis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
Sometimes im dense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
I hate not being a real man.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions