The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-27, 12:09 AM
entropy357
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Re: What are Site Admins allowed to do with donations?

Okay, so in a perfect world, both sides probably could have handled this situation a little better. Let's please stop pointing fingers and making accusations against each other. Remember we all belong to the live music sharing community for the love to the music. That's what it's really all about.

If anyone has issues they feel have not been addressed I would hope you all could write up a final post to get your concerns out and then we could start to get past this. For now, some people might have to agree to disagree on some points.

Personally, I'd rather be smoking a big fat joint right now and then snuggling up with my women but instead sitting at my computer typing away like a douche bag, addressing all this crap. You are all severely impacting standard of living and I don't like it!! Knock it off !!!
Old 2007-05-27, 12:16 AM
GrOoOvemeister
2.57 TB/2.00 TB/0.78

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashing0
It wasn't me. JellyBelly uploaded it in order to share it amongst the largest group of people he could
ZOMB's forums aren't checked by a large majority of our users...
that's a very classy way to pass the buck...does the staff have no control over the site...let's own up to your share of responsibilty...you knew what JellyBelly was doing and what kinda riot would ensue, and you allowed it...don't throw JellyBelly under the bus like that...you guys are responsible too
Quote:
Putting it up quickly was a very dick-ish thing to do, but so was saying DO not upload to ZOMB. ZOMB sucks.
both very true, thanx for saying this...taper and uploader were both wrong, and I'm glad to see that being acknowledged now (better late than never)
Quote:
Your obsession with this "Fuck-the-Tapers" policy is just a misunderstandment
We seriously love the tapers, and honour any REASONABLE request
who decides what is reasonable...that's a very large grey area, not to be taken lightly...please don't dismiss the fact that people are entitled to their opinions and just because you find it unreasonable is not a reason to deny them their requests...who is anyone to say what is and is not reasonable

P.S. I too would appreciate it if Freezer could shorten up some of those unecessary spaces too...is that an "unreasonable request" (sorry couldn't help it)

P.P.S. entropy357...how many women you snugglin up with pimp what's your secret
Old 2007-05-27, 12:21 AM
100.42 GB/231.47 GB/2.31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phishblowz
you asked not to have this posted because it has been updated, but you haven't posted it here,
here you go
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhisattva
An Important Message From bodhisattva

Posted on: 2007-05-26 20:03:46 GMT (9 hours ago)
Yesterday I made a sitewide announcement that caused some confusion. It was not to disrespect the great tapers of the scene. The message was in regards to a group of individuals who felt they could use source files of the first smashing pumpkins show back to slander the ZOMB for no rational reason beyond the person having a vendetta against one staff member here. The message was open ended and could have easily been misinterpreted. For this I apologize, especially to the good tapers of our scene.. Its not my intention to have members disrespect tapers. We hold respectful tapers in very high regard, and we by no means make attempts to disrespect ANYONE who respects us. But it is my intention to enlighten members about these sorts of actions so we as intelligent music fans can root out these bad tapers. Tapers who spread hatred and lies are scum, and I do not care if they are working hard to spread you free music. They do not deserve respect if they do not give respect!

But I will reiterate the original sentiments, as I stand by these words.

TAPERS who disrespect the ZOMB in their source text files, saying the ZOMB SUCKS will get no respect from the ZOMB. If they have requests in their source text for their show not to be here, yet disrespect our entire community than they deserve no respect and their wishes ignored.

Source text files are not pedestals to spread hatred and ignorance. They are to give information about the taping gear used, the lineage, the songs, and the venue. Nothing more. People can keep their personal opinions about websites out of them, as none of that matters, its collateral fluff and foolish.

We police torrents based on the criteria of format, whether or not something is lossy/transcoded, or commercially released. Beyond that we cannot be expected to police the unrealistic will of tapers/editors of shows. Releasers who believe they can dictate where their shows end up are delusional and we are not going to bow down to the delusions of egotistical, spiteful and disrectful individuals.

The ZOMB respects everyone deserving of respect. We love music, we love to spread music, and we try to be a very user friendly site. Again, I apologize for any confusion this caused, as my message was mainly in regard to two shows that have been recently released.

If you would like to weigh in, positive or negative, please feel free to post on this thread: http://zombtracker.the-zomb.com/foru...c&topicid=8795
Old 2007-05-27, 12:31 AM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

^^^^^Being a dick in return doesn't make you right, it just makes you a dick.

You want respect, you have to give respect.

That message shows nothing to tapers but over-used and well-worn lip service.

Show some respect to begin with.

Try by apologizing to Sebastian.
Old 2007-05-27, 12:41 AM
zombfuckingsucks
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

If Zomb simply hosts bootlegs that others have spent the time and effort to produce, what's the point in spending people's money on recording equipment?
Old 2007-05-27, 01:02 AM
774.11 GB/708.32 GB/0.92

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezer
The time now is 09:44 PM.
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 10 (9 members and 1 guests)
freezer, jcrab66, Phishblowz, smashing0, zombfuckingsucks, ISTAYAWAY17, patrick1963, SoulRat, E_rock

Jesus Christ on a crutch.....it's Saturday night...why the hell are you staring at a computer screen........go out and hear some live music.....and tape it.....why'don't 'cha?

I'm recording a concert from off the FM in 20 minutes.....what are you adding to the trade pool tonight, huh?
I was at The Bijou Theater in Knoxville taping Johnny Winter who happen to have a "jam" with Junior Brown (who was in Maryville playing at the H-D dealership in "the Shed") on the old Bobby Womack classic "It's All Over Now"......then went across to to tape local punk legends "Teenage Love" who was playing @ The Corner Lounge.

I'll rather be taping that reading this garbage!
Old 2007-05-27, 01:07 AM
Trainwreckin' Fool
615.69 GB/3.17 TB/5.27

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Govner
I was at The Bijou Theater in Knoxville taping Johnny Winter who happen to have a "jam" with Junior Brown (who was in Maryville playing at the H-D dealership in "the Shed") on the old Bobby Womack classic "It's All Over Now"......
i for one would love to see that johnny winter here

Meatwad: I thought you said TV was bad.
Frylock: It is. But we fucking need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by general eclectic
There's a big difference between getting trashed and disappearing.
Old 2007-05-27, 01:14 AM
774.11 GB/708.32 GB/0.92

Quote:
it's not a "Fuck-the-Taper" policy
it's a "What the fuck are you talking about I can't share?" policy
ZOMB allows ALL lossless, non-commercial material from taper-friendly bands

We love tapers! without them we wouldn't have this great hobby. We just don't like playing politics and favourites.

If I were to tape a show, like I hope to start doing soon and tagged it with "Only listen to on Tuesday nights in the light of a full moon" should you listen to my request? No! That's just stupid, and to us Don't share a Smashing Pumpkins recording on a tracker (loosely) founded on the Smashing Pumpkins sounds just as stupid to us

Honest, well meaning and reasonable taper requests will always be honoured by ZOMB Staff, but we'll still listen to recordings on a Wednesday even if we're told not to
As a taper I do not think it is too far out of line to ask that the torrent not be reseeded elsewhere until the torrent is not active with leechers.........most torrents will drop off within a few days of the first complete download. If it was all about getting it out ASAP I would post it at as many torrent sites as I could personally but anybody who wants to download a show from here is welcome with little or no restrictions. It sounds like to me that "Zomb" just got their nose bent out of shape because they didn't have it posted on their site first as it is a Smashing Pumpkins based torrent site and could not wait until the original torrent had run it's course.

Just remember........you need us tapers more than we need your services. Quit acting like you are doing us a favor by hosting our show.....you are doing it for the people who use your website to get music that we want to share. Get over yourself allready!
Old 2007-05-27, 01:15 AM
774.11 GB/708.32 GB/0.92

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustthex
i for one would love to see that johnny winter here
Haven't I killed your ratio yet?
Old 2007-05-27, 01:24 AM
Trainwreckin' Fool
615.69 GB/3.17 TB/5.27

naw, still in the positive, but if you keep it up, you just might

Meatwad: I thought you said TV was bad.
Frylock: It is. But we fucking need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by general eclectic
There's a big difference between getting trashed and disappearing.
Old 2007-05-27, 01:31 AM
27.82 GB/35.40 GB/1.27

Quote:
As a taper I do not think it is too far out of line to ask that the torrent not be reseeded elsewhere until the torrent is not active with leechers.........most torrents will drop off within a few days of the first complete download. If it was all about getting it out ASAP I would post it at as many torrent sites as I could personally but anybody who wants to download a show from here is welcome with little or no restrictions. It sounds like to me that "Zomb" just got their nose bent out of shape because they didn't have it posted on their site first as it is a Smashing Pumpkins based torrent site and could not wait until the original torrent had run it's course.
Just to clarify - that isn't entirely accurate in this instance. ZOMB's nose got bent out of shape when the original seeder decided to insult ZOMB in the description text of the torrent, explicitly stating that ZOMB sucks and that the show shouldn't be shared there. I will concede that having some ZOMB members proceed to upload the show on ZOMB as soon as possible was in poor taste, and not something I personally endorsed. It had nothing to do with the show not being posted to ZOMB first.

Anyway, other than that clarification - I completely agree with your comments regarding letting a torrent run its course where it is first uploaded.
Old 2007-05-27, 01:31 AM
We all walk the Long Road....
75.63 GB/483.42 GB/6.39

that dipshit attitude about "fuck what the tapers want" is enough to make a few "tapers" not torrent shows at all which is counter productive to what your trying to do at zomb so i guess what you have to look forward to is a bunch of great singlepointsonymic > mini disc tapes that you record with the money fools give you
Old 2007-05-27, 01:45 AM
774.11 GB/708.32 GB/0.92

Quote:
Originally Posted by starmetheus
Just to clarify - that isn't entirely accurate in this instance. ZOMB's nose got bent out of shape when the original seeder decided to insult ZOMB in the description text of the torrent, explicitly stating that ZOMB sucks and that the show shouldn't be shared there. I will concede that having some ZOMB members proceed to upload the show on ZOMB as soon as possible was in poor taste, and not something I personally endorsed. It had nothing to do with the show not being posted to ZOMB first.

Anyway, other than that clarification - I completely agree with your comments regarding letting a torrent run its course where it is first uploaded.
Since I never have been to ZOMB (and now I have decided after all the e-drama I have no reason to ever visit there) I can only assume that it is their word against Sebastian's. Maybe he didn't want it to be there within hours of the first completed download....or maybe he doesn't want it there at all. I could care less because once you let a show out it is realisticly out of your control (and I think that Sebastian knew that!)......but as I stated it is not unreasonable to ask for the torrent to run it's course before posting it elsewhere. I'm tickled shitless that The Stooges & Heaven And Hell from Chicago that I taped is all over the internet with countless copies grabbed but I would have been a little pissed if the torrents was still extremely active where I originally posted them....that is why I re-seed The Stooges show here after 500+ copies was snatched @ Dime for those who are not a member.

As you can tell........I'm giving Sebastian the benifit of the doubt as I am not impressed with the childish behavior from the ZOMB supporters who have put in their 2 cents.
Old 2007-05-27, 09:39 AM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
As a taper I do not think it is too far out of line to ask that the torrent not be reseeded elsewhere until the torrent is not active with leechers.........most torrents will drop off within a few days of the first complete download. If it was all about getting it out ASAP I would post it at as many torrent sites as I could personally but anybody who wants to download a show from here is welcome with little or no restrictions. It sounds like to me that "Zomb" just got their nose bent out of shape because they didn't have it posted on their site first as it is a Smashing Pumpkins based torrent site and could not wait until the original torrent had run it's course..........
Agreed......well said Govner.

As a result of the above action: the unethical immediate snatching and re-posting of that show, the zomb admins responsible also throughly and purposefully disrespected this site, this site's owner, the TTD staff and entire membership...all so they could make sure they could say Fuck This Taper as strongly as possible.

You zombs and its defenders also owe Lynne and her staff a very real apology for the insult to this site and members.

And make it a public apology since the YOUR squabble was made public at TTD.

You zombs want to continue to promote your policy of "Fuck The Tapers", you want to discuss your anti-taper policies, why don't you do it on your zomb site instead.

Instead of spewing more hatred of tapers at TTD, why don't you take your anti-taper stance back to zomb where you can spread your mean-spirited propaganda to the already-converted.

Its Sunday morning.....go preach to the zomb choir. They must be the only ones not offended by the Anti-Taper contingent at zomb.

Quote:
As you can tell........I'm giving Sebastian the benifit of the doubt as I am not impressed with the childish behavior from the ZOMB supporters who have put in their 2 cents.

And before anyone else from zomb tries again to rationalize their childish behavior,
.....please remember, no matter what Sebastian did.....
Being a dick in return doesn't make you right, it just makes you a dick.
Old 2007-05-27, 09:58 AM
Banned for excessive taping
120.29 GB/343.52 GB/2.86

Well, here's my (really) last post on the subject...

I must admit that the wording I used to make my request not to seed my recording on Zomb might have been a bit harsh. I could have written a page long explanation, but I felt it was more important to stick with a short request and get the recordings out to the fans asap.

As a result of all that happened, I have voluntarily removed my requests from the torrent description posts. They're pointless now anyway since they have already been ignored.

However, I still feel it is my right to make a few simple requests in exchange for giving something away for free. If any requests may seem unreasonable to some people, that is their problem. It should actually be common courtesy for any human being to respect the wishes of other human beings. Unfortunately, this has not happened.

During the first hours of this fiasco, I have been contacted by a number of Zomb mods who asked my to explain my feelings towards Zomb to them. I did that via private messages. Unfortunately, I haven't heard back from most of them.
Closed Thread

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions