The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2005-02-19, 03:56 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: A NEWBIE's ROXIO 5.2.1 QUESTIOn.....

Well, I still don't see how you think you are going to get 7.1 GB worth of info onto a 4.3 GB DVD unless there is something your aren't telling us.

I would try posting for help in the thread where you got this show. Perhaps someone else can shed some light on how they went about burning it.

Also, another place to look for help is videohelp.com. They are all about DVDs and they have forums there and one just for Macs.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-02-19, 04:53 PM
56.17 GB/78.88 GB/1.40

Re: Help with DVD playing/burning

I've had audioless files with VLC before and the trick was to go Audio->Audio Track->Track 2. I presume standalones detect this automatically but VLC needs a little help.
Old 2005-03-03, 08:24 AM
41.78 GB/96.72 GB/2.31

Question What's the best dvd burning program for a noob to use??

I just downloaded moe2004-02-07 on dvd with video TS folders, but i cant figure out how to burn the whole package onto dvd using the Click to DVD program that came with my computer. The VOB files work but the timing on tracks gets messed up and i cant figure out how to set up the title menu and what not. Thanks for any help,
Jim
Old 2005-03-03, 02:12 PM
dare to discover
63.44 GB/133.91 GB/2.11

Re: What's the best dvd burning program for a noob to use??

What OS are you using?

Got Nero?

Got Toast?

Got milk?

videohelp.com is a great resource and may have the answer to using the program you already have if you don't have the above.

Old 2005-03-03, 04:45 PM
41.78 GB/96.72 GB/2.31

Im on windows XP pro. I checked that site earlier and there's nothing on Click to DVD so I guess I'll be going with Nero if thats my best option. thanks for the advice.
Old 2005-03-03, 04:46 PM
dare to discover
63.44 GB/133.91 GB/2.11

Yeah just use Nero. Put all your files in the VIDEO_TS folder on the left handside and burn away.

Old 2005-03-03, 11:27 PM
1.13 TB/1.70 TB/1.51

Unless you have the newest version then you have to put the whole VIDEO_TS folder in because it doesn't pre-create any folders

Quote:
Originally posted by frankenberry
anybody else who decides to call me a fuckhead troll newbie (you know who you are) should be made to listen to phish bootleg taped by a '73 led zeppelin taper
Old 2005-03-09, 11:59 AM
thirtysixwood
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Another DVD Burning Newbie

OK, well I looked around at some of the topics, but didnt seem to find what I was looking for so....

I downloaded the Phish 6-22-00 show, which by the way I attended, and looks great. Anyway, I use the PLEX TOOLS PROFESSIONAL that came with my PLEXTOR PX-716. I did the whole burning process and everything, The disk plays thru the DVD player on the computer, but when I put it into my DVD player for my TV it didnt work??? I read in one post something about SONY not being to nice about these things,, which unfortunately I just bought yesterday???? But I ruled that out as a problem because I have a modded x box that plays anything and everything, I tried both modes of the XBOX, normal and Modded.... Nothing????? I am trying to get into the trading business, and trying to get a collection.... If someone could please help me out here it would be much appreciated.

I feel so stupid that I dont know how to do these things, I have been to websites, I have read this stupid manual like 5 times already, nothing seems to ever work for me....

Well thanks a bunch, I hope I can have this problem fixed soon, with of course a little help from you guys and gals.

Thanks,
Justin
Old 2005-03-09, 12:01 PM
trojandomer
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Re: Another DVD Burning Newbie

I am not too familiar with the process. The only thing I could think of is that you burned it as a data disc with just the video_TS folder. DVD players need a dvd-video format not a data format. Usually the only difference is the presence of a blank folder labeled audio_TS.
Old 2005-03-09, 12:20 PM
thirtysixwood
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

So are you saying I need to add that audio_TS folder? or not too, here is a list of the files I have for that show.....

phish200.6.22d1VIDEO_TS inside this folder contains.... VIDEO_TS, and then the music is in this file which are VOB files and it says nothing about VIDEO_TS OR AUDIO_TS same thing for the phish2000.6.22d2VIDEO_TS file

The VOB files are the only files I burned, I didnt put any of the BUP files on the disc. Should I ???

About the burn process, I use the CD/DVD rom maker, then for the project I have chosen both DVD ROM ISO and DVD ROM UDF. whats really the difference??? and thats really about it.

Do you have a suggestion for a program that you are familiar with that might help eliminate some of these questions, and help solve the problem???
Old 2005-03-09, 12:30 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

If you looked at the DVD, the files structure should be like this:

VIDEO_TS
> all VOBs
> all IFOs
> all BUPs
AUDIO_TS
> nothing in here at all

Old 2005-03-09, 12:37 PM
71.58 GB/124.20 GB/1.74

I think what happened is that you just burnt the data on to a DVD, you didn't make a DVD that's able to be played in a commerical player. From a quick look on the plextools site it doesn't look like that software can make a video DVD, so you should download a demo version of Nero ROM or GEAR and use that to burn and see which one you like better... you'll get 20-30 days demo use before you have to pay up.

Those programs' websites and help functions will guide you through the process of properly burning a video DVD.

http://ww2.nero.com/us/index.html

http://www.gearsoftware.com/

best,
Jim
Old 2005-03-09, 04:06 PM
heavy metal madman
333.85 GB/337.83 GB/1.01

dvd troubles

hi folks , i seem to be suffering a recurring problem with dvd's that i'm burning , very often when attempting to rip the burns to my hard drive for trades or whatever the rips will stop at 61/62% and i get an error message , it does not matter what ripping program that i use i still get the same problem.

normally i would think that the answer would be bad media , but i use ritek g04 discs (purple dye) so i cannot see that as the problem , my dvd is a liteon sohw812 and i use nero to burn the discs originally.

i should stress that this problem also happens when i try to rip discs recorded on a standalone dvd recorder.

if anyone has any ideas as to why this is then that would be appreciated , also with the discs that i can't rip , is there anyway around this problem as i cant trade them as they are.
Old 2005-03-09, 04:45 PM
meow.
87.81 GB/69.41 GB/0.79

Re: dvd troubles

Have you tried ripping them on a different drive / computer?
Old 2005-03-09, 04:58 PM
Columbia, SC
108.77 GB/109.04 GB/1.00

[quote=thirtysixwood]

The VOB files are the only files I burned, I didnt put any of the BUP files on the disc. Should I ???

QUOTE]

Yes!!

Put everything in the VIDEO_TS folder. IFO and BUP and VOB. Then burn the DVD.

Rob

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble