The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2005-04-04, 10:57 AM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

Question ? re: EAC cue sheet

i tried using EAC for burning some shows the other day, thinking it'd be better than Nero...not so sure now...here's the dilemna

i highlighted the 5 .wav tracks in the show's folder [which were clearly labeled-bandname,date,track#], dragged them to the EAC Cue Sheet window, and then burned...later on, i realized it had burned in the incorrect order [i believe it put Track5 as Track1, Track1 as Track2, etc]...repeated my steps, and noticed the bottom window in the Cue Sheet is where the issue is "occurring" [the track list "looks" right in the main cue window--track1, track2, etc...---but in the bottom window you can see by the track file extensions that they're not in the correct order]...hopefully you get the idea, not very good at explaining when i don't have the program open in front of me!

so i tried right-clicking, highlighting and dragging, blah blah...everything that might work with Windows, but i couldn't fix the track order...the only thing i've been able to do is drag each individual .wav to the cue sheet in order [t1, t2, t3, t4, t5]...that works but is a bit of a pain

any remedy for this, or should i just go back to using nero and doin the "right-click_properties_0sec" thing?
Old 2005-04-04, 12:19 PM
dare to discover
63.44 GB/133.91 GB/2.11

Re: ? re: EAC cue sheet

Yeah that's a bug. It puts the first track last and the last track first. You can see the track names in the bottom section to see what order they are in.

To fix the order, go to the top window where it lists them as Track 1, Track 2, etc... Highlight the track at the name (Track 1) then see the up and down arrows on the right? Use the ones with the line at the bottom of the arrow to move the bottom track to the top and the top one (now second one) to the bottom. Then look again at the bottom window to verify that they're now in the correct order.

Sounds like a pain, but it's easy and you get used to doing it after a couple times. It's worth it to use a better burning proggy.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-04-04, 01:06 PM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Is this fixed with newer versions of EAC?
I know that if you select EAC > EAC Options > General, you can select (or enable) a box labeled "Correct bug of wrong filename order in Windows multiple file dialog"

I don't know if that actually fixes the ordering problem.

When I first ran into the same problem a few years ago, I also asked about it and the "famous" Capt. Skipper (of Allman Brothers remaster fame) gave me a tip I've used since then....

Assuming you're using EAC to first extract off a source disc to your hard drive, use the "Copy image and create cue sheet" option under Tools.
Then when you go to burn a copy disc with EAC, you load the cue sheet, and everything is in the proper order.

If I'm using EAC to burn a wave from a decompressed SHN or FLAC, I just drag each track one at a time into EAC...but the suggestion in the post above works fine too.

Oh!! A quick note of caution - if for some reason you received an audio disc that has those 2 second TAO gaps, and you want to use EAC to remove them while extracting - the "copy image and create cue sheet" option will NOT remove the gaps.
Of course, IMO, EAC doesn't do a good job of gap removal anyway - it leaves a short gap that you hear as a tick sound...but that's an entirely different subject.....
Old 2005-04-04, 02:56 PM
uhclem
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

This is a bug with Windows not with EAC. I suppose EAC could implement a work-around of some sort, but that hasn't happened yet.

In future, when you drag the files, try putting your cursor on the first file as you drag and see if that puts them in the right order. It works for other programs; I can't remember off hand if it works with EAC.
Old 2005-04-04, 03:04 PM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

well...I always thought it was a known EAC bug - the first and last track of a multiple file drag and drop are reversed.
Again - the EAC options menu has a box you can check that is supposed to fix the problem, but I seem to remember that it doesn't work.
Old 2005-04-04, 03:24 PM
h_vargas
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

or, just use Feurio which is an extremely solid audio cd burning app.

the demo version is not limited in any way (no time limit, no burning speed limit, no cd length limit other than the length of the disc).

in its settings, the first time you use it, select "no gaps - round track markers" and it always burns DAO perfectly. i cannot say the same for using EAC to burn separate WAV files.
Old 2005-04-04, 06:02 PM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

thanks for the tips ya'll...i might try the "arrows" technic feralicious mentioned when i get home to the pc...mac is so much simpler, too many choices of progs on pc!

vargas--
is feurio better than nero? i was switching from using nero6 for burning cuz the whole 2sec gaps thing [i always forget to adjust for that til its too late]...does the setting you mentioned set it for the program or just that one projct? what about SBEs, does it have issues like EAC with the "click"?

again...thanks ya'll
slainte! aar.onerrrrrrrr

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble