The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-06-14, 11:37 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Seeding/Lineage Questions?

Well, I see you trying to seed it, however I see noone trying to download it at the moment. I can't think of any reason why an older show would have any problems compared to a newer show. However, I can think of reason why the leecher is dropping off - maybe he is trying to download too many shows at once, maybe he is firewalled, maybe he is capping his download speed. I really don't know.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-06-14, 12:09 PM
24.97 GB/258.75 GB/10.36

Well thanks for checking. Can you just try to download to see if you get a reasonable speed or is that too much to ask...
Colin
Old 2007-06-14, 12:32 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Are you in superseed mode? I see you, but I don't see you (yeah, I know, makes no sense). I am getting download speeds of about 30, which isn't bad considering you are the only seed and I am limited to your upload speed.

Old 2007-06-14, 01:03 PM
24.97 GB/258.75 GB/10.36

Yes, I'm in superseed mode (is that good??) Ok, if you are getting 30, this should be OK for everyone I guess. Many thanks for your help.
Old 2007-06-14, 01:24 PM
Greedy Corporation
TTD Staff
73.48 GB/423.76 GB/5.77

I've noticed that if I'm using encryption (to battle ISP throttling) sometimes others can't download from me. I think incompatible clients.

Are you running encryption?
Old 2007-06-14, 02:31 PM
24.97 GB/258.75 GB/10.36

Don't think so. Checked Azureus under options, but couldn't find an option referring to encryption.
Old 2007-06-26, 04:11 PM
272.67 GB/268.33 GB/0.98

I have a great 1994 Rush soundboard show that I downloaded from another tracker. I'd like to share it here, however there was no lineage provided. There is a Nero WavEditor screenshot here:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/7/...ightatspec.jpg

that was taken from one of the tracks on Disc 1.

Is it okay to upload this torrent here or no? I'd rather check first before posting it in case it would get pulled later on.

THanks.
Old 2007-06-28, 11:02 AM
340.03 GB/346.18 GB/1.02

Hi Folks,
Since I'm fairly new to this traders scene and to this website, I want to comply to your house rules and after done some reading I have a few questions left. I just read about a request for a ISO I just downloaded of Dime the other day. I was thinking about seeding it here, but due to some internet problems I want to start a vine instead. Any way, the lineage they used on Dime is as follows:

TDK E-HG VHS tape (SP, HiFi audio) > S-VHS deck > Panasonic DMR E-85 (hard drive > DVD-R) > trade > DVD Decrypter > Harddrive.

and then it went from Dime to me.
Can I just use this like it is and just add something like:
TV Broadcast> ? > (lineage above)
>Dime>my harddrive>HL-DT-STDVDRAM GSA-H10N (burner)>DVD+R (you).

Another question I have is:
there are 5 VOB files and when tested with GSpot I got 5 different values for video bitrate (8479,7526,7732,6718 and 7751).
What is the correct way of putting this down.
Something like:
(720 x 480 29.97 fps NTSC 6718 Kbps VBR, Peak = 8479 Kbps)?

Regards, jeeweewee

Last edited by jeeweewee; 2007-06-28 at 11:11 AM.
Old 2007-10-04, 02:48 PM
19.54 GB/815.35 MB/0.04

Hiya, I haven't been a member of this site for very long, and I'm fairly new to the whole trading game etc etc when I first joined the site, i was having very little problems with downloading, but recently its been very difficult for me to dl files.

For example, ive been trying to dl a 1977 Led Zeppelin show, and the torrent at this moment has 5 seeders, however when ive got the torrent and i try to begin downloading the files, bittorent informs me there is no seeders, and i cant start dl the show!

also on any other files ive managed to begin dl, bittorent always says theres only 1 seeder, when the site usually says 5 or 6 seeders! can anyone shed some light on this? is it my bittorrent thats at fault or do the files i want merely need to be reseeded? thank you!!!
Old 2007-10-04, 04:07 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

crazy_phil05, this really isn't a lineage issue, but.... you are firewalled. That means you may only connect to other seeders/leechers who are not firewalled. I noticed that you are on one torrent with 6 seeders and 1 leecher (you) and 5 of the seeders are also firewalled. That means you may only connect/download from the one seeder who is NOT firewalled. This also explains why you can see 6 seeders in the Peers List, but you only show 1 seeder in your bittorrent client.

Old 2007-10-15, 06:19 PM
83.32 GB/77.26 GB/0.93

Camel-Moonmadness Tour 76
I have a question about a DVD I got in a snail mail trade a while ago, I would like to seed it here. It is entitled Camel-Moonmadness Tour '76. It is not the “Especial Camel TVE” show that was on here a while back, but a completely different show. No one I've been in contact with knows for sure when and where this was recorded, so there is the first problem. I’ve heard it was recorded for the BBC but never broadcast, but I could be wrong. Secondly, it is a basic vhs to dvd transfer (no idea on how it was transferred) with a static menu and chapter points every ten minutes. I checked with the video-seeding guide and I think a standalone dvd is allowed but I'm not sure. Any help on whether or not its allowed would be appreciated.
Old 2007-10-15, 06:30 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

You may want to PM one of the Video BT Mods to see if they can help you on this. I think they may have some questions to ask which weren't answered here (like is it PAL/NTSC and where was the broadcast?).

Old 2007-10-16, 03:29 PM
27.52 GB/30.87 GB/1.12

Hi,

OK I was a member last year then time constraints forced me to give up internet completely. So I've seed several shows last year and am familiar with seeding. However, I have one question. I have an SRV show that is comprised of an early set and a late set. These 2 sets for a long time were traded separately and thus I have one set in shn and one in flac. So should I convert the shn to flac or keep them the same. I relise I would need to update the lineage but am not sure if I should even do this even though I plan to seed them together.

On another front, while looking to see if the show I plan to seed was on the tracker, I found a show I seeded last year under my old name. Sorry but it was a year ago and I couldn't remember my username or pw and my email is different. Plus I figured that name would be deleted for inactivity. Any way, I see a couple posts asking for a reseed. Well, I can't guarantee the files I have are exactly the same as the torrent. So should I just post a new torrent and thread?

Also, how can I ask a question I'd rather not have in public?

Thanks!
Old 2007-10-16, 05:27 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

You may seed them both together as shn and flac, or if you want to convert, you may do that to. Personally, I like to leave the filesets in the original format.

I can merge your two screennames together, if you want. As for reseeding the show, your files should match the fingerprints for the files that are on the torrent, I would think, no? If you are just missing a text file, well, not much you can do about that to fix it.

As for asking other questions, the best thing to do is to PM a mod for that forum. The mods for the Audio BT forum are: Five, jameskg, ohkeepa, dcbullet

Old 2007-10-16, 06:00 PM
27.52 GB/30.87 GB/1.12

thanks for the response lynn

the audio files weren't changed with repspect to the old torrent. I thought I may have renamed the files after I found a great tool that can rename a batch of files in numerical sequence. But I checked my list and I received the show on cdrs. Therefore I ripped the cds with eac to name the tracks as I normaly do. I checked the name of the tracks on the thread and it looks like my naming method. But I may have altered the text file some tho. As the torrent was going, someone clarified the venue but it didn't seem prudent to stop the torrent and make the corrections. For me it would just be easier to make a new torrent. But if the txt file won't be a problem then I'll just grab my files and the torrent then bump the thread.

You could merge the 2 names if it would make things easier. makes no difference to me. old name was moebootz

thanks!

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble