The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2020-12-03, 11:06 PM
In the year 2024 !
130.57 GB/6.28 TB/49.24

Re: Planet Rock down

Planet Rock is back
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2020-12-03, 11:12 PM
918.08 GB/1.66 TB/1.85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockitgurl View Post
Planet Rock is back
please, do you have a link ?
Old 2020-12-04, 12:26 AM
For cryin' out loud !
253.11 GB/484.93 GB/1.92

old link works

jr.

But what if the one guy is right and the 10,000 is wrong

Remember to give the Staff/mods and everyone all the respect they have earned !
Old 2020-12-04, 07:09 AM
Knee-Deep In The Hoopla...
161.07 GB/214.90 GB/1.33

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikowolf View Post
I hope they had a massive fund raiser before shutting down. Their dumb users deserve to be ripped off ,...... even more
such kind words... thanks bro

btw, site is back online

Check out my list here
Old 2020-12-04, 07:31 AM
918.08 GB/1.66 TB/1.85

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasmueller View Post
old link works
yep.
thanks
Old 2020-12-04, 07:41 AM
69.20 GB/375.03 GB/5.42

PlanetRock is back.

Crosstown is not (may its gone permantly?)

Bootlegzone has also been down (server crash) and
apparently is being rebuilt. Last update was Nov 21.
Old 2022-06-10, 10:28 AM
3.71 TB/4.39 TB/1.18

Planet Rock down.
Bullshit????? The only bullshit here is what comes squeezing from your mouth like a sun-bloated dead dog intestines, whenever you start blathering on. Go back to hotel and commit suicide, and I mean that most politely.
Old 2022-06-10, 10:39 AM
In the year 2024 !
130.57 GB/6.28 TB/49.24

Planet Rock moved 6 months ago.
Old 2022-06-10, 12:57 PM
3.71 TB/4.39 TB/1.18

Do I need to guess where to?
Bullshit????? The only bullshit here is what comes squeezing from your mouth like a sun-bloated dead dog intestines, whenever you start blathering on. Go back to hotel and commit suicide, and I mean that most politely.
Old 2022-06-10, 02:34 PM
3.71 TB/4.39 TB/1.18

For anyone else who prefers a straight answer

https://planetrocktraders.freeforums.net/
Old 2022-06-10, 02:42 PM
In the year 2024 !
130.57 GB/6.28 TB/49.24

Sorry I didn't answer fast enough...
Old 2022-06-11, 09:09 AM
3.03 TB/1.46 TB/0.48

Since y'all talkin about us, I might as well splain a few things. We had a number of issues with the forum, mostly circling around the deprecation of software versions and the fact that Toolman Will retired from building Vbulletin tracker forums with his integration program known as Vbitty. Yeeshkul, Crosstown and others, same deal. Yessh was lucky, they got an update from him right before he got out. Anyway, we kept it running as long as we could. It made no sense to invest in new software, or to keep paying the host fee.

My personal thanks to you folks that think any fundraising we did was for profit. The host fee was 149 CAD a month, and months we were short, the difference came right out of my checkbook! So up yours, Planet Rock cost me hundreds over the years after I took over site-ops. Don't even try accusing me of that garbage! It's the same idiots that think we were selling the domain name. Ever hear of GoDaddy, you typically lease domain names, you don't own them. Dummy.

Lastly, it's true we have a small cloud based group. No tracker. No fees. No begging for contributions from cheapskate hit and run leechers that leave nothing behind and don't even say thanks, which is 85-90% of the membership in every torrent tracker including this one. HTTPS is faster, more secure, and blends in with other internet traffic. Torrent traffic stands out in the crowd. No more Ratios. All a member has to do is share something once in awhile. No need for seeders.

We are not open registration, we might accept a few well known traders with solid track records here and there. That's about it. If we don't know you, we won't accept you. I realize there are folks here that have less than great memories of PR in the old days, and all I can say is we are a completely different place today, and because of that we've become very selective.

If you plan on submitting a registration, provide your nickname from here or Dime etc.

Last edited by marksg; 2022-06-11 at 09:36 AM.
Old 2022-06-11, 11:40 AM
483.34 GB/491.80 GB/1.02

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksg View Post
Since y'all talkin about us, I might as well splain a few things. We had a number of issues with the forum, mostly circling around the deprecation of software versions and the fact that Toolman Will retired from building Vbulletin tracker forums with his integration program known as Vbitty. Yeeshkul, Crosstown and others, same deal. Yessh was lucky, they got an update from him right before he got out. Anyway, we kept it running as long as we could. It made no sense to invest in new software, or to keep paying the host fee.

My personal thanks to you folks that think any fundraising we did was for profit. The host fee was 149 CAD a month, and months we were short, the difference came right out of my checkbook! So up yours, Planet Rock cost me hundreds over the years after I took over site-ops. Don't even try accusing me of that garbage! It's the same idiots that think we were selling the domain name. Ever hear of GoDaddy, you typically lease domain names, you don't own them. Dummy.

Lastly, it's true we have a small cloud based group. No tracker. No fees. No begging for contributions from cheapskate hit and run leechers that leave nothing behind and don't even say thanks, which is 85-90% of the membership in every torrent tracker including this one. HTTPS is faster, more secure, and blends in with other internet traffic. Torrent traffic stands out in the crowd. No more Ratios. All a member has to do is share something once in awhile. No need for seeders.

We are not open registration, we might accept a few well known traders with solid track records here and there. That's about it. If we don't know you, we won't accept you. I realize there are folks here that have less than great memories of PR in the old days, and all I can say is we are a completely different place today, and because of that we've become very selective.

If you plan on submitting a registration, provide your nickname from here or Dime etc.

I have many happy memories of Planet Rock as a tracker, and wish you and the other planeteers good luck and happy trading at the new cloud based trading site.
I'd caught a glimpse of an early version of cloud based trading there before I had left the site/tracker, saw that it was more than viable, and was glad to read here that it's been fully implemented, well done.
Old 2022-06-11, 02:53 PM
wanna buy me a drink????
1.87 TB/2.30 TB/1.23

I would like to rejoin. I have applied. I have been at this stuff for a long while now.
"Trust a pro" Keith Richards
"here is my offer: nothing" Mike C

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble