The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-04-11, 07:41 PM
The Rover
166.83 GB/98.96 GB/0.59

Re: Seeding/Lineage Questions?

is this lineage ok? was cut other day by joe, but i don't think he knew was a silver. not sure what the deal is.

Beatles - The Complete Rooftop Concert

Lineage = SBD-->Silver-->db Power Amp-->wav--> flac frontend level 6-->FLAC

do not have file for rip

Yellow Dog YD015

Track Listing

1. Get Back (take 1)
2. Get Back (take 2)
3. Don't Let Me Down (take 1)
4. I've Got A Feeling (take 1)
5. One After 909
6. Dig A Pony
7. I've Got A Feeling (Take 2)
8. Don't Let Me Down (take 2)
9. Get Back (take 3)

10. The Walk (complete Version)
11. Oh! Darling
12. Maxwell's Siulver Hammer
13. Across The Universe
14. Gone, Gone, Gone
15. Wake Up In The Morning
16. She Came In Through The Bathroom Window
17. Sausages and French Fries / Early In The Morning / Hi Ho Silver
18. Stand By Me
19. Harry Pinkster ( Hare Krishner Mantra)
20. Two Of Us

Tracks 1-9 Rooftop Concert Apple HQ Jan 30 1969
Tracks 10-20 Twickenham Studios for film crew

Total Time; 68:03
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-04-11, 07:56 PM
82.64 GB/234.95 GB/2.84

I have a audience recorded silver boot with 4 'bonus tracks' from a different venue and FM source at the end of the 2nd CD. The entire AUD show itself is a terrible recording, but the 4 tracks from the FM sound nice. Is it okay to just post the 4 'bonus tracks' from the set instead of the whole 2 cd show?

thanks
Old 2007-04-11, 11:03 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Evan, that was cut because we require EAC to be used to extract audio from Silvers (and actually, EAC should always be used, but we request it on non-silvers, require it on silvers).

garther, I think the best thing to do is to seed the whole thing. You can put comments about the quality and then let people decide if they want to just download the four tracks or the whole thing.

Old 2007-05-04, 04:18 PM
47.43 GB/108.30 GB/2.28

I have a question about this lineage

HI

im very new to this....

i have a show with the following lineage....

Recording gear
M1 DAT w/custom pre amp – sonic studios PL6 cardiod mics

Mastering
Tascam DA60> Yamaha O3D mixer> audigy2(SPDIF)> Sound Forge7
Used durrough multi band compressor – 4.5:1@ 100hz .3 bandwidth +1db boost
Normalized to 90%

Tracking – CD Wave set to zero cross

i guess i was confused about the "masterin" part....and didn't want to upload it if there was something wrong with the show.
Old 2007-05-04, 06:56 PM
spiritinaphoto
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Re: I have a question about this lineage

Quote:
Originally Posted by acov
HI

im very new to this....

i have a show with the following lineage....

Recording gear
M1 DAT w/custom pre amp – sonic studios PL6 cardiod mics

Mastering
Tascam DA60> Yamaha O3D mixer> audigy2(SPDIF)> Sound Forge7
Used durrough multi band compressor – 4.5:1@ 100hz .3 bandwidth +1db boost
Normalized to 90%

Tracking – CD Wave set to zero cross

i guess i was confused about the "masterin" part....and didn't want to upload it if there was something wrong with the show.
I don't see any problems just looking at the description of the mastering process. Some traders prefer to have a "clean" source of a given recording (i.e. as close to what was on the original media as possible), so they can adjust it to their own taste, but most people will be fine with it as long as the dynamics haven't been completely compressed out and there isn't any diginoise.
Old 2007-05-04, 07:16 PM
47.43 GB/108.30 GB/2.28

great thanks

thanks for the alter via pm too.
Old 2007-05-23, 05:09 AM
ARealWarlock
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Hi I have a question regarding a post that I made which was pulled. One, I may have mis-represented the lineage on it. Two, I know that the series that I posted has been posted here before. The beach boys unsurpassed masters. All volumes that I have, were downloaded from the same source "demonoid" and all were done directly from the CDs and then Flac. They are all of high quality, they weren't done from a CDR but the original CDs from what i've been told, and nothing has been changed or altered in any way and all have the original artwork with them. I downloaded them in Flac and want to upload them as received. We all know that there are limited resources for downloading them, and only one place to get them from. I just want to know if this can be re-considered about me uploading the series, because I have the complete series now that Vol. 16 has been posted here. And I have a feeling that it was downloaded at one time from the same source. My intention isn't to pollute the quality of the recordings, they are in the same format as downloaded. And they are really scarce to find now as well. If there is a chance of re-consideration now that I admit I may have mispresented the lineage, and letting you know the source of the series. Please let me know. Thank you
ARealWarlock

P.S. I'm also new to uploading as well, I should have said CDs and not silvers.
Old 2007-05-23, 05:34 AM
ARealWarlock
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Hello, me again. Since I can't edit my previous post, I would like to add that I have almost a Terabyte of storage here my secondary HD is 500 Gig. And I still have the entire series on the 500 gig HD and am the sole seeder of several of the volumes of the series, as well as some of the other rarities that I have aquired such as Brian Wilson "the cocaine sessions" as example or the 2 vol. tribute to Dennis Wilson. If you were to search for any of the series or other rarities, it ultimately comes back to me as either the sole seeder or one of very few. And the share ratio on some of them is as high as 600+% I do believe in seeding and sharing. With that, I'm just asking for a re-consideration so I can continue sharing with others since I have all 22 volumes in the UM Beach boys series now that vol. 16 has been posted here. And I'm pretty sure that it was downloaded at one time from the same source that I got them through. Thank you for your time.
ARealWarlock
Old 2007-05-23, 11:24 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

I sent a link to this thread to Jamie (Five) since he would know more about this stuff than I.

Old 2007-05-23, 12:09 PM
ARealWarlock
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Hi Lynne, Jamie is the one that pulled the upload. I don't think he had all the details at the time that it was pulled.
ARealWarlock
Old 2007-05-24, 04:58 AM
189.30 GB/594.78 GB/3.14

hey there

we have a unique strict rule about shows that come from bootlegs that they have to be perfectly captured directly from the silvers with an error-correcting ripping program (usually EAC) preferably with .log files containing accurate information concerning the perfection of the extraction. There's some quantity of each silver title out there and hopefully somebody will post a perfect rip of this series in the future. With CDR copies and lesser rips errors can get in there... some rips seem perfect, but upon closer examination there's little errors in there (or other times not so little) that might not be obvious when given a casual listen on speakers. If we let the version with questionable lineage ("I presume the lineage to be Silvers>??>Flac") run on this tracker, somebody who owns the set and is thinking about posting it will see that it is already here and figure that a perfect rip is not necessary, since if its posted here it would have to be a perfect rip, right?? If that set is very hard to find and you want to get it out to ppl, I'm sure they would welcome it over at tapecity.org or similar site.

Everybody hates getting their show pulled for whatever reason and I thank you for taking the time and effort, it is appreciated.

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Old 2007-05-24, 06:41 AM
ARealWarlock
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Hi Five "Jamie" After doing research and talking with the person that owns the full set and did the original postings, I did find out that the original CDs and Not CDRs or copies were ripped to wave and then flac. It can't get any more pure than that. My intent is not to pollute the trading pool, but I did mis-represent the lineage and I apologize for that. And my apologies since I am new to the uploading end of this and polluting the trading pool is the furthest thing from my mind. And being a Beach Boys collector for 38yrs I will accept no less than the best quality, and share no less than the best. I don't want to cause any problems, and I know that there are other postings here with the same lineage, and the quality is the same as what I have because I have downloaded them from here before and still have them on my hard drive. Thanks for your time.
ARealWarlock
Old 2007-05-24, 04:11 PM
189.30 GB/594.78 GB/3.14

you've got to ask him what proggy he used to rip the silvers... there are very few programs that provide error-correcting ripping and error reports, so if you want the highest quality the software matters. If the software didn't matter then a copy of a copy of a copy of an audio cd would be fine to share, with no errors ever.

I'm not trying to put you off and I hear you and trust that these boots are ripped very well, maybe even 100% perfect. But we've got a very sticky rule about bootleg sources since day one here and we enforce it as best as we can. There's something like 80 pages of torrents in the audio section, maybe some have lineage that isn't up to par and they should be pulled, some of them are probably mp3-sourced and we haven't found them yet, post the links and I will pull them all. It is very difficult to keep up with the amount of traffic moving thru here but we do our best.

I also want to add that with non-bootleg sources we are much more lax ... we want you to really try your best to find the best available version or alternate longer tape etc of these kind of shows and realize that a lot of stuff (esp the older shows) we will never truely know where it came from unless the taper sees it and tells us the details, but when it comes to bootlegs there are many copies out there and somebody will be able to post a better copy.

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Old 2007-05-24, 07:58 PM
ARealWarlock
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Well then in that case I'll come clean, I have the originals and was trying to decide whether or not to post them here or the "other" site. Given what you've told me, and you're reaction to the mention of the "other" site. My decision has been made. The ripping was done with Adobe audition 2 And future postings will be CD silvers>EAC>Flac all the way. I wasn't trying to jerk anyones chain, I just wanted to be sure this was the better site. And now I know that it is 100% Although something tells me that some of my postings may end up on the other site eventually, with all the "Hit and runners" Thanks for your patience in helping me make my decision. And I was missing #16 until it was posted here, the original just costs to damn much compared to what I got the others in the series for over the years. Thanks again for your time.
ARealWarlock
Old 2007-06-14, 10:46 AM
24.97 GB/258.75 GB/10.36

Not sure where to ask this, so I'll try here. I have a thread that has been up since 08-16-06. Someone has recently discovered it and is trying to dled from it, but has crap speed and seems to keep loosing the link to the torrent. Is there any reason why an old seed like this may be more difficult to download? I also have the impression that it appears to others as seedless, while I am seeding on Azureus!! Can you maybe do a health check on this and see if it is OK? This is the torrent
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=25129

Thanks
Colin

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble