The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2006-03-03, 12:17 AM
151.30 GB/320.28 GB/2.12

Folder naming convention

Hello everyone, I have a suggestion about posting torrents. I love the purity standards and rules here. I get quality torrents from this board and do my best to post quality torrents. I just wish everyone would use a common naming convention for their torrent folders like: band-date-venu-recording name-source-codec or something tile that. Too often I DL a torrent and several days later I have a folder that says "Live Pink Floyd" or something. I spend a lot of time renaming folders for archiving and I was wondering how everyone felt about a folder naming standard.

Thanks for reading and seeding.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-03-03, 10:13 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Folder naming convention

I'll put a little blurb in the Audio BT Seeding Guide and Video BT Seeding Guide about the folder names. I've always named them 'band-date' and usually with 'shn/flac/DVD' after that. I like having at least a band name and date within the folder title. When you are downloading stuff from a new tour where there are mulitple versions of the same show, it is nice to have the source in the title also to differentiate between them.

Old 2006-03-03, 06:01 PM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

i agree with Lynne, band and date are essential, plus format [flac, shn, or ape]...for DVD, i also like having the video format as well [NTSC or PAL]

so, for audio, i usually put -- bandDATEformat [i.e. pinkfloyd2006-03-10flac or pinkfloyd2006-03-10flac16 - the "16" meaning it was recorded in 16bit]
for video -- bandDATEDVDformat [i.e. pinkfloyd2006-03-10DVDNTSC]
Old 2006-03-04, 09:58 AM
151.30 GB/320.28 GB/2.12

Thanks for taking my suggestion in to consideration.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions