The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2005-12-26, 10:48 PM
161.72 GB/168.29 GB/1.04

snatcher list

What does the " last few snatches list " mean ? I dl'ed the grateful dead 1978-04-12 show and shared a one for one and still show up on this list . is this good or bad?
Old 2005-12-26, 11:19 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: snatcher list

It's just a list of everyone who has grabbed the show. I guess I could change the title to Grabber's List or something??? I first heard about it from someone who said OINK has a Snatchers list that listed everyone who grabbed the show, so I figured that was a 'known' term but it's confused a few people so I guess not.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-12-26, 11:26 PM
161.72 GB/168.29 GB/1.04

Thanks for the quik reply and for helpin me out . Hope you had a nice christmas and hopin you have a nice new year.
Thanks Again
Old 2005-12-27, 12:18 AM
250.15 GB/491.13 GB/1.96

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
It's just a list of everyone who has grabbed the show. I guess I could change the title to Grabber's List or something??? I first heard about it from someone who said OINK has a Snatchers list that listed everyone who grabbed the show, so I figured that was a 'known' term but it's confused a few people so I guess not.
I like snatch better.
Old 2006-01-01, 02:53 AM
2.11 TB/1.53 TB/0.72

snatched sounds more like someone's immediately jumped off the torrent after downloading, almost like the show's been stolen.
Old 2006-01-01, 02:15 PM
250.15 GB/491.13 GB/1.96

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgwfall
snatched sounds more like someone's immediately jumped off the torrent after downloading, almost like the show's been stolen.
I thought that was what the list was for.
It came into being after someone complained that they wanted another way to keep ppl seeding shows.
Old 2006-01-01, 03:08 PM
Funk Is Its Own Reward
240.72 GB/429.78 GB/1.79

Grab has the same connotation as snatch. I've seen 'snatch' on a couple of sites. I've seen 'done' and 'served' on others. Completed is a good word also.
Old 2006-01-01, 03:21 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

hehe. Just this morning I changed it to Completed. That seems to convey what the list is of better than Snatched.

Old 2006-01-01, 05:10 PM
250.15 GB/491.13 GB/1.96

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
hehe. Just this morning I changed it to Completed. That seems to convey what the list is of better than Snatched.
I still don't understand why? Do we use the list to pm people to ask them to seed if we don't see any seeds? How does this benefit anyone?
Old 2006-01-01, 05:17 PM
db.etree.org/chachi420
TTD VIP
206.73 GB/1.15 TB/5.72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spelunker
Do we use the list to pm people to ask them to seed if we don't see any seeds?
yes...please don't email the original seeder to reseed it again

ps- the actual list of 'snatches' is here

"If your share ratio is less than 1.0, then please offer b&ps and/or freebies to give back to the TTD community" ~Chachi
Old 2006-01-01, 07:30 PM
Happy little trees
TTD VIP
659.93 GB/7.41 TB/11.50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spelunker
I still don't understand why? Do we use the list to pm people to ask them to seed if we don't see any seeds? How does this benefit anyone?
Yes but I think it's most important for torrents that are just getting started and the new finishers jump off right away leaving everyone stranded. So with the Completed list you can see who they are and get them back on track.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions