The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2005-11-17, 09:17 PM
505.91 GB/533.29 GB/1.05

Re: What about a covers section?

Are we uploading directly to the ttd server or doing outside links?
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-11-18, 12:51 AM
251.82 GB/309.40 GB/1.23

Thanks!!!!

"The whole world is a bottle
And life is but a dram
When the bottle gets empty
Lord, it sure ain't worth a damn"
- Moonshiner {Traditional}
Old 2005-11-18, 10:49 PM
283.55 GB/179.69 GB/0.63

WOOOO FUCKIN HOOOOO!!!! Thank you soooo much!!!
Old 2005-11-21, 04:14 PM
Lilly
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

thanks!!!!!
Old 2005-11-21, 07:17 PM
711.28 GB/721.11 GB/1.01

Thank you!
Old 2005-11-23, 03:14 AM
30.89 GB/257.68 GB/8.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgleason007
I am still trying to work out what exactly is causing my server to become non-responsive. It is still doing it even though I basically have livedvdcovers.org shut down. The hurricane is supposed to be here tomorrow morning. No one really knows what will happen so I may be without power and Internet for several days or weeks. Sorry this update isn't a little more helpful or uplifting
Hopefully you get everything to work again. And i wouldn't mind donating again in the future!

gr @
Old 2005-11-26, 06:06 PM
mgleason007
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
Ok guys, I've got a Covers forum up for you. Please, please, PLEASE try to do your thread titles in a consistant manner as I state at the top of the forums. Being consistant with the Full Band Name and the date format of YYYY-MM-DD will make it much easier for people to find stuff when doing a search on the site.
I'm glad we worked things through

Anyways, expect something a little more ambitious than my last project from me hopefully sometime this weekend. I think you'll all enjoy it

For those interested, I managed to narrow down what the problem was. I'm not going to go into details here, but I hope you felt pretty 133t taking down a site that got about 100 hits or so a day. I'm sure your fellow script kiddies are proud of you.
Old 2005-11-27, 11:37 PM
mgleason007
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
I'm glad we worked things through

Anyways, expect something a little more ambitious than my last project from me hopefully sometime this weekend. I think you'll all enjoy it

For those interested, I managed to narrow down what the problem was. I'm not going to go into details here, but I hope you felt pretty 133t taking down a site that got about 100 hits or so a day. I'm sure your fellow script kiddies are proud of you.
The site is back up. Well, the covers archive is but not the forums. This is just so you guys don't need to wait for me to finish my next project. If you can't get to the site you may need to wait for your DNS to propogate as I nulled the DNS.
Old 2005-11-27, 11:57 PM
mgleason007
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
The site is back up. Well, the covers archive is but not the forums. This is just so you guys don't need to wait for me to finish my next project. If you can't get to the site you may need to wait for your DNS to propogate as I nulled the DNS.
Oh yeah (wish I had the edit button available longer) for those that volunteered, I'll be getting back to you soon. Thanks for your support. Covers can still be submitted at the normal email address, which is [email protected] until I get the new site up.
Old 2005-11-28, 01:29 AM
505.91 GB/533.29 GB/1.05

nice mike
Old 2005-11-28, 12:34 PM
251.82 GB/309.40 GB/1.23

Oh So Nice!

"The whole world is a bottle
And life is but a dram
When the bottle gets empty
Lord, it sure ain't worth a damn"
- Moonshiner {Traditional}
Old 2005-12-03, 09:00 PM
db.etree.org/chachi420
TTD VIP
206.73 GB/1.15 TB/5.72

lots of new covers!
Thanks to all who are creating and also those who are uploading!!

"If your share ratio is less than 1.0, then please offer b&ps and/or freebies to give back to the TTD community" ~Chachi
Old 2005-12-05, 11:15 AM
mgleason007
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

I may be giving up on this whole thing. The server I ordered is taking longer than expected to setup. I don't know what their problem is but I'm not happy with them. Another case of great help before the sale and nothing once I submit my order.
Old 2005-12-31, 04:09 AM
rerem
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chachi420
Just another reason why I love you Lynne!

For the ones I make they are 3225 x 2156 pixels and generally between 2 and 4 MB.

This is going to really help out the DVD section (I'm not sure the audio people care much, but I may be wrong)
Actually Sharing the Groove had a very active CD cover forum,with hardly any DVD. 2-4 MB????? What the ---? Are these BMP or JPEG? I have done a thousand CD covers,slimline format,2 pieces at 100 to 150 kb on average,as jpegs. Any resolution beyond 200 is a waste of ink,I get VERY sharp photo glossy prints from covers with res settings as low as 130,and for the sake of content and design sometimes go as low as 120. I replaced my now killed 6 ink canon with a 6 ink epson

I CAN scan a cruddy newspaper pic and get a crappy image for a cover,even though it has a res of 400,and is a 350 kb file. as a photographer I like resolution for 11x14 prints, but for a cd/dvd the pics are much smaller.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions