The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2006-01-17, 03:45 PM
228.01 GB/712.14 GB/3.12

Site Maint issues - 1/17/2006

Have an observation and an issue...

On the pages that list the forums, there's a list of the "mods" above the forum "groupings". So the groups that have 4 seprerate forums, have 3 or 4 lines above it. You can figure it out, but it's just kind of hanging there. Once you get to a specific forum, it just list the one line. Not sure if there's anyway to clean up the list pages. The mods are already listed in the descriptions.

The pictures for IM on individual posts are not coming up. I get the box with the "x" and the service name.
Old 2006-01-17, 04:23 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Site Maint issues - 1/17/2006

I must say that I'm confused about what you are talking about regarding the forums. I see the moderators listed under each forum or sub-forum name as "Moderated by ........" and it's always been that way.

As for the IM images, it may be that the server I get those from are down. I'll take a look at that.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-01-17, 06:00 PM
228.01 GB/712.14 GB/3.12

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
I must say that I'm confused about what you are talking about regarding the forums. I see the moderators listed under each forum or sub-forum name as "Moderated by ........" and it's always been that way.
Sorry, I hadn't thought about including a picture...easier to follow than my description.

So, above the "Where we go to learn" group....there are 6 lines of text that repeats the mods for each of the forum areas. There is the chance this has always been there and I never noticed it.
Old 2006-01-17, 06:18 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Wow, this is weird. My page doesn't look like that at all, either as an Admin or with a regular user account.

It seems I've seen that before though, like way back when the site started. I wish I could remember what the problem was. That is from the /forums/index.php page, right?

I don't suppose you can go to the Page Source and copy/paste it into an email for me? [email protected]

Old 2006-01-17, 07:02 PM
228.01 GB/712.14 GB/3.12

Email sent. If that's not what you need, let me know and I'll try again.
Old 2006-01-17, 07:06 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

What OS are you on and what browser are you using? I'm using firefox on both my PC and Mac, so maybe I need to open up another browser to see this.

(I haven't got the email yet, but I'm hoping to take a look after dinner at it.)

Old 2006-01-17, 07:09 PM
228.01 GB/712.14 GB/3.12

At work today, Windows 2000, MS Internet Expolorer

At home now, Windows XP, MS Internet Explorer V 6
Old 2006-01-17, 08:01 PM
228.01 GB/712.14 GB/3.12

Don't see it now. Good job Lynne!
Old 2006-01-17, 08:56 PM
alchemy71085
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Since the subject of this thread fits this issue, I will hijack this thread with my issue instead of starting a whole new post.

I will try to phrase this as simple as possible.

When you post, the smilies are included in a neat box that is all included inside the beige area with the box where you type your post, and the formatting options above it.

However, when you go to send someone a PM, this is not the case, as the smilies run out of the beige area onto the grey area. It just doesn't look right. I think all you have to do is widen the beige area horizontally to make it look better so that all of the smilies fit onto the beige area.
Old 2006-01-17, 10:27 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

lostboy, I didn't even work on this problem after my last post in this thread, so I'm not sure what changed. Now I'm really confused.

Alchemy, yeah, I've noticed that also. vB asked me how many rows across I wanted my Smilies to be and I said three. I figured it would then go do the formatting for me. I'll have to take a look at the template and see what is up.

Old 2006-01-18, 07:03 AM
228.01 GB/712.14 GB/3.12

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
lostboy, I didn't even work on this problem after my last post in this thread, so I'm not sure what changed. Now I'm really confused.
Wow, I never realised you were THAT good....you can fix things just by thinking about fixing them!!
Old 2006-01-18, 09:41 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostboy
Wow, I never realised you were THAT good....you can fix things just by thinking about fixing them!!

(However, I did remember that since I was also working on the download problem, I figured they might be related and I added some meta tags to the main page that I had taken out because I didn't think they were needed. I guess they were needed!)

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions