The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-05-27, 02:45 PM
Doug Gabriel
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Clicks between tracks

Yesterday I downloaded my first show (the Motley Crue 2006 one that just came up) and when I burned it with the latest version of Nero after converting the files to .wav, and checking the "no gap between tracks" box, I still have tiny little skips where the tracks sound like they do not match up in the transition. Is this just this particular recording, or do all torrents do this?
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-05-27, 03:32 PM
386.81 GB/2.05 TB/5.41

Re: Clicks between tracks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Gabriel
Yesterday I downloaded my first show (the Motley Crue 2006 one that just came up) and when I burned it with the latest version of Nero after converting the files to .wav, and checking the "no gap between tracks" box, I still have tiny little skips where the tracks sound like they do not match up in the transition. Is this just this particular recording, or do all torrents do this?
go back to the torrent page and see if anyone has brought this up if not create a post about it or pm the original poster and ask if there are gaps and see what they say. If thats not the answer then,

go into the nero options and look for the option that specifically says disc at once and make sure thats checked and try again.

most people make sure there are no gaps between tracks or index clicks before sharing and for the most part everyone keeps to that standard but sometimes a few get by.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-05-27, 03:46 PM
143.47 GB/1.02 TB/7.31

Quote:
Originally Posted by juxtiphi
go back to the torrent page and see if anyone has brought this up if not create a post about it or pm the original poster and ask if there are gaps and see what they say. If thats not the answer then,

go into the nero options and look for the option that specifically says disc at once and make sure thats checked and try again.

most people make sure there are no gaps between tracks or index clicks before sharing and for the most part everyone keeps to that standard but sometimes a few get by.

I do not believe Nero has the option of “disc at once”, Doug mentions that he had checked the “no gaps between track “box which is the option that Nero uses. Secondly he reports that they are skips between tracks and not 2 second gaps which are a DAO issue. This sounds more like a SBE issue or if it is micro gaps between the tracks that is causing the pops it is a sign that this show might have been converted from a MP3 source.
Old 2007-05-27, 05:34 PM
Trainwreckin' Fool
615.69 GB/3.17 TB/5.27

nero has dao... but again, this doesnt sound like the problem here... dao is default for audio cds i think?

Meatwad: I thought you said TV was bad.
Frylock: It is. But we fucking need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by general eclectic
There's a big difference between getting trashed and disappearing.
Old 2007-05-27, 06:01 PM
143.47 GB/1.02 TB/7.31

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustthex
nero has dao...
We are both correct, Nero Burning Rom has DAO option , while using Nero Express the option is to click on "no gaps between track".
Old 2007-05-27, 06:21 PM
On the Beach
666.18 GB/1.29 TB/1.99

every version they word it different - dont know why
Old 2007-05-28, 12:43 AM
189.30 GB/594.78 GB/3.14

use TLH to run a len check on the pre-burned fiiles. sounds like it was cut with SBEs. if you don't know how to check for SBEs see the "checksums" link in my signature.

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Old 2007-05-28, 07:47 AM
Doug Gabriel
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Thanks guys, I think I've got it all figured out now. I did a Paul Stanley show last night and it worked out fine, so that Crue show must have had something wrong with it. I see it has since been removed...

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble