The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2010-05-19, 12:13 PM
Lives for Jeff Beck. :)
560.31 GB/720.30 GB/1.29

ISO Torrent

I am downloading a torrent from another site and it is an ISO file, I have never run into this before, does anyone know what I need or how to convert it back to VOBs? Or do I burn the ISO? Help please.
Old 2010-05-19, 12:24 PM
267.31 GB/2.55 TB/9.76

Re: ISO Torrent

If you want to play the files only (and not burn) Get daemon tools lite, which is free. You can use this to "mount" the .iso file, which is the equivalent to inserting a CD or DVD with the data contained in the .iso into a virtual DVD-drive.

To do this:
1) First install the program (and reboot like it tells you)
2) then once it's installed you mount the image by right clicking on the daemon tools lite system tray icon and choose mount image, then browse to the .iso file you downloaded using your bit torrent software.

Or, if you just want to burn the .iso to a physical CD/DVD use burning software like Nero or ImgBurn (freebie) to burn the image. The image is the .iso file.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2010-05-19, 12:46 PM
560.31 GB/720.30 GB/1.29

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewofboots View Post
If you want to play the files only (and not burn) Get daemon tools lite, which is free. You can use this to "mount" the .iso file, which is the equivalent to inserting a CD or DVD with the data contained in the .iso into a virtual DVD-drive.

To do this:
1) First install the program (and reboot like it tells you)
2) then once it's installed you mount the image by right clicking on the daemon tools lite system tray icon and choose mount image, then browse to the .iso file you downloaded using your bit torrent software.

Or, if you just want to burn the .iso to a physical CD/DVD use burning software like Nero or ImgBurn (freebie) to burn the image. The image is the .iso file.
Okay thanks very much, I would really like to burn it. I have Imgburn so I would pick the burn from image choice right? I didn't know the ISO was the image, thanks again.

If I have trouble burning a disk from the VIDEO_TS, you think it would be worth shot to make an image and then try to burn it again? I have a couple shows I can't burn and really want too...
Old 2010-05-19, 02:03 PM
1.99 TB/1.77 TB/0.89

IIRC there is a free program called ISOBuster that breaks it out to the VOB/BUP etc. files
Old 2010-05-19, 02:19 PM
267.31 GB/2.55 TB/9.76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadesofcraig View Post
Okay thanks very much, I would really like to burn it. I have Imgburn so I would pick the burn from image choice right? I didn't know the ISO was the image, thanks again.

If I have trouble burning a disk from the VIDEO_TS, you think it would be worth shot to make an image and then try to burn it again? I have a couple shows I can't burn and really want too...
The .iso (assuming it started out as a proper DVD-video) will burn, using IMGBurn, exactly as you need it to to be able to play in any old DVD player, assuming you use the correct blank DVD, either single- or dual-layer. if the .iso is around 4.4GB then, of course, use the cheaper single-layer.
Old 2010-05-19, 06:40 PM
560.31 GB/720.30 GB/1.29

Hey thanks very much for the help, I really appreciate it.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble