The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2008-03-01, 12:35 PM
132.92 GB/1.14 TB/8.78

Re: Report all ratio issues here

Today at 5:18 am my Profile Page upload amounts for 3 shows were:
Sade 2.10 GB
Steely Dan 6.95 GB
Tom Waits 11.42 GB
and my upload total was 411.31 GB

Then I disconnected from the internet, but didn't stop the tracker (I've done this before, and it usually works out ok).

When I got back on at 1:06 pm my Profile Page upload amounts for 3 shows were:
Sade 2.11 GB (+ .01 GB)
Steely Dan 7.53 GB (+ .58 GB)
Tom Waits 11.42 GB (same)
but my upload total was still 411.31 GB

Since the individual shows were updated, shouldn't the total also be increased?

I have screenshots of my before and after profile page if you want them.

I'm running bittorrent 4.4.1 with mac osx.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2008-03-01, 01:35 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

It is off. What is confusing is your statement about disconnecting from the internet but not stopping the tracker. If you are disconnected from the internet, then you are not running your torrents. Not stopping your torrents means it will not have reported the data transferred between the last announce and your disconnect. It continues to try to 'talk' to the tracker, but it can't but it thinks it did. So, the updates go to nothingness.

I looked at your totals now (well, it was 11:24 PST when I started this post) and from your beginning and you were off by a total of .58, so I'll add that to your upload. In the future, if you are going to disconnect from the internet, first stop your torrents properly in bittorrent so it can communicate to the tracker your last update stats. (Pause may work also, but I'm not sure about that.)

Old 2008-03-01, 09:14 PM
132.92 GB/1.14 TB/8.78

Hi Lynne, thanks for the fast resolution.

Sorry about the "disconnect from the internet" confusion. I have a laptop that runs hot, so I have to put it into sleep/hibernate mode once in a while to let it cool off. Doing this disconnects me from the internet. I don't shut down any applications, including bittorrent, which generally resumes where it left off after I get back online.

In other words, the upload amounts on my profile page catch up with the upload amounts on bittorrent. Which also happened today, but I was surprised that the upload total wasn't also adjusted.

bittorrent doesn't have a Pause, so I can't try that. I don't like to stop a torrent until its upload stats have been updated, because I've done that a few times and bittorrent never told the tracker to update my stats.

Guess I don't quite understand/trust how bittorrent works?!?

*But* I'll try to follow your advice, and properly stop my torrents before I go offline. Or I won't disconnect while I'm waiting for 800 MB to get added to my upload total!!

Thanks for your help.
Old 2008-03-02, 10:02 PM
44.22 GB/12.14 GB/0.27

I haven't recieved credit for any of my seeding recently, my ratio should not be where it is. I still haven't fixed it but I am not the leecher my stats say I am!!
Old 2008-03-02, 10:05 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

You really didn't say much about the problem. Do you show up on the Peers List at all? What bittorrent client are you using? Did you just suddenly stop getting credit or ??

You are currently not showing up as being on any torrents.

Old 2008-04-02, 02:19 AM
76.72 GB/60.95 GB/0.79

Hi i have the following problem:

if i dl stuff and seed them when finished, it will actualize my ul stats, but 2 days ago i began to seed the following show: Rolling Stones 2002-00-00 Work Sucks, Let's Go On Tour 1972

i uploaded now about 4gb on that file, but nothing happens on my share ratio

i stopped to transfer, i closed azureus but nothing helps

greetings

Anarchyora
Old 2008-04-02, 10:01 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchyora View Post
Hi i have the following problem:

if i dl stuff and seed them when finished, it will actualize my ul stats, but 2 days ago i began to seed the following show: Rolling Stones 2002-00-00 Work Sucks, Let's Go On Tour 1972

i uploaded now about 4gb on that file, but nothing happens on my share ratio

i stopped to transfer, i closed azureus but nothing helps

greetings

Anarchyora
I don't even see that show on our tracker. Do you have a link? You are currently not connected to it and I've done a search and not come up with any active show.

edit: I found it. It was pulled. Once a show gets pulled, no stats can be updated on the tracker because the torrent is not recognized by the tracker. All shows, when uploaded here, must have lineage, checksums, and should be extracted using EAC in Secure Mode. That show you uploaded didn't have linage or checksums, and there were errors in the rip, so it was pulled. I will give you 4 GB of upload credit though.

Old 2008-04-02, 10:26 AM
76.72 GB/60.95 GB/0.79

thx a lot

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble