The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2006-09-09, 05:37 PM
treehoppin
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Re: Report all ratio issues here

not sure how I can pull my weight with this site. My internet is provided through a satilite company, cable and dsl are not an option, and they have a policy that limits the ammount of data you can transfer every month. The download limit is fairly reasonable, but they don't allow much at all as far as uploads go.

Once you exceed your limit, your dropped to dialup speeds until you fall back within their range. Allready happened once and lost good speeds for about 3 weeks. How else could I contribute to this great site, assuming I do not want to limit my downloads too much?

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-09-09, 06:39 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by treehoppin
not sure how I can pull my weight with this site. My internet is provided through a satilite company, cable and dsl are not an option, and they have a policy that limits the ammount of data you can transfer every month. The download limit is fairly reasonable, but they don't allow much at all as far as uploads go.

Once you exceed your limit, your dropped to dialup speeds until you fall back within their range. Allready happened once and lost good speeds for about 3 weeks. How else could I contribute to this great site, assuming I do not want to limit my downloads too much?

I've heard of other people having this same problem and they've 'solved' it by finding someone else to become a downloading partner with them. So, each person downloads a couple of (different) shows a month and then they 'trade' them with each other. Of course, this means finding someone with similar taste in music.

Other things you can do to help contribute here are to start Vines or offer B&Ps of the shows you've downloaded (both of those things will show up in your User Profile). If you like to make cover art, you can help do that for some shows (a lot of people like to store their shows in nice cases with covers).

Old 2006-09-21, 10:25 PM
krazyfingerzz
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

This is weird. I've been seeding the Sublime Palookaville show, and when I look in the peers list, I'm coming up as Jairbn. I'm like the second one down, and I see (on my end) that I've uploaded 5.01 gb. The other torrents (also sublime) show me just fine, though I believe my total uploads and ratio is probably wrong. It's not a real issue, just odd that everyone seeding the Palookaville torrent seems to show up as Jairbn...
Old 2006-09-21, 11:09 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyfingerzz
This is weird. I've been seeding the Sublime Palookaville show, and when I look in the peers list, I'm coming up as Jairbn. I'm like the second one down, and I see (on my end) that I've uploaded 5.01 gb. The other torrents (also sublime) show me just fine, though I believe my total uploads and ratio is probably wrong. It's not a real issue, just odd that everyone seeding the Palookaville torrent seems to show up as Jairbn...
Someone (Jairbn) posted their passkey torrent on a public site. Where did you get this particular torrent file from if you think you are showing up as Jairbn also?

Old 2006-09-22, 07:32 AM
krazyfingerzz
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

I got the torrent directly from here, and the others as well. That particular one, though, is the only one affected. In the beginning, I was in the peers list. At one point, things really slowed down from 30 something kb/s to b/s, so I restarted the connection. When I went back, Jairbn was listed like 4 times at different levels of completion, etc. The only way I could find me was the IP and % completed which has been 100% for the past few days. Like I said, no big deal, but just sort of odd.
Old 2006-09-29, 04:52 PM
216.61 GB/184.97 GB/0.85

I finished downloading Neil Young Rare Clips Vol's 1&2 last night..but my U/L share in peer list says I only shared 1.69MB and uTorrent says 787MB. Did I screw up something? I 'm still seeding it still, showed I U/L nothing until I Update Tracker in utorrent. The Neil Young Rare Clips Vol's 1&2 I seeded said 900MB (?). Not complaining just curious to make sure I'm sharing correctly.

thanx
Old 2006-09-29, 04:58 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokermad
I finished downloading Neil Young Rare Clips Vol's 1&2 last night..but my U/L share in peer list says I only shared 1.69MB and uTorrent says 787MB. Did I screw up something? I 'm still seeding it still, showed I U/L nothing until I Update Tracker in utorrent. The Neil Young Rare Clips Vol's 1&2 I seeded said 900MB (?). Not complaining just curious to make sure I'm sharing correctly.

thanx
Well, if you stop and then start the torrent again, the stats in the Peers List start all over. The 1.69 MB is only what you've shared as of the last time your bt client talked to the tracker in the last 50 minutes or so (the amount of time you've been on that torrent since you started this time).

Old 2007-01-08, 05:14 PM
capitals of tin
593.11 GB/595.50 GB/1.00

according to my utorrent stats, I've uploaded 23.2 gigs on this dvd set
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=32317

yet the peers list showed I had upped approx 14. I shutdown my client and restarted it, but nothing.
Any thoughts, suggestions, name calling?
This is the first time I really took notice of anything like this.
Old 2007-01-08, 05:55 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Every time you stop your client, it starts you off at '0' in the Peers List. Have you also made sure DHT is off? It it's on, then you may connect to other peers but 'bypass' the tracker (and thus not get your stats updated).

Old 2007-01-08, 08:05 PM
capitals of tin
593.11 GB/595.50 GB/1.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
Every time you stop your client, it starts you off at '0' in the Peers List. Have you also made sure DHT is off? It it's on, then you may connect to other peers but 'bypass' the tracker (and thus not get your stats updated).

I knew about the 0 at the restart of the client, I'm not sure why I put that in the first place. I'll have to check out the DHT and so forth. Thanks Lynne
Old 2007-01-10, 09:32 AM
52.81 GB/16.06 GB/0.30

I followed the advice above(steps 1-3) to get my ratio updated to no avail. Utorrent (1.6) says my ratio is at .427. I am using windows xp. I'd really like to give back what I get. Thank you fo helping me with this matter!
Old 2007-01-10, 10:08 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

I actually replied to you in your original post:

Quote:
If you have DHT enabled, then you may be connecting to users through that which will bypass the tracker. You should stop your torrent, disable DHT, and then start your torrent again. I actually go one step further and check the box that says "Private torrent - only accept peers from this tracker" (that is an option in azureus.)
Are you currently showing activity in utorrent on this site? What sort of transfer rate is it showing?

Old 2007-01-10, 10:47 AM
52.81 GB/16.06 GB/0.30

I am showing activity, but the ul/dl speeds are at o.
Old 2007-01-10, 10:52 AM
52.81 GB/16.06 GB/0.30

Now I'm not showing as being a peer.
Old 2007-01-10, 11:03 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

It sounds like utorrent is just scraping then, not seeding. Scraping is when it just tells you how many people are currently connected to the torrent. It doesn't try to connect *you* to anyone. Does it show the torrent as completed? active or inactive? It could be just queud and not trying to upload/download at all.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble