The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2006-05-26, 01:18 AM
316.07 GB/459.52 GB/1.45

Icon4 Re: Passkey Tracker coming on Wednesday....

Hi,

I'm using BitComet client; tracker response o.k. for 19 of 20 opened torrents (Miles Davis Part 4 = error response), but only 1 (= Scofield/Duke DVD) of 20 is listed in my profile information to be active on the new tracker. 683 MB were downloaded by me since tracker changing, 2,872 MB uploaded; both data were still no part of my share ratio. Client and PC were already restartet, torrents stopped and reloaded. What can I do, what will you do?

All the best
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-05-26, 04:55 AM
144.41 GB/73.61 GB/0.51

Re: Passkey Tracker coming on Wednesday....

It is only to say that g3torrent (http://g3torrent.sourceforge.net/) is working well now
Old 2006-05-26, 06:53 AM
316.07 GB/459.52 GB/1.45

Hi,

no more tracker response errors when using BitComet client; all active torrents are listed, but still almost the complete upload of 36 hours is missing in share ratio.

All the best http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...page=16&pp=15#
Smile http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...page=16&pp=15#
Rolleyes
Old 2006-05-26, 08:38 AM
26 Reds &a Bottle of Wine
3.34 TB/4.73 TB/1.42

No trouble downloading with bittornado 0.3.7

have not attempted a upload yet
and have the time of our lives !

The Cuervo Gold
The fine Colombian
Make tonight a wonderful thing.....
Old 2006-05-26, 09:53 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by antheraea
Hi,

no more tracker response errors when using BitComet client; all active torrents are listed, but still almost the complete upload of 36 hours is missing in share ratio.

All the best http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...page=16&pp=15#
Smile http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...page=16&pp=15#
Rolleyes
All stats from the time I took the site offline on Wednesday will be lost until you download a new torrent. Yes, I know the tracker kept working and downloading/uploading, but since you weren't using a passkey torrent, you were not on the new tracker and therefore you didn't get any stats updates.

If you do need those stats added to your ratio, you can hit the Contact Us link below, tell us exactly how much to add to your upload and download stats, and we will get to updating your stats when we have some time.

Old 2006-05-26, 09:55 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Streuber
Hey guys, I have a strange problem here. I am visually impaired, and I use a screen reading program that reads the text to me off the screen. I cannot tell what error I'm getting, but I just downloaded bittorrent, and can't open a single show without it giving me some kind of error message. Some will open, but not download, they'll just sit there. If you can help me I'd really appreciate it. In case you need it, my email is: [email protected]
Thanks, and sorry for being an ideot on this stuff.
Kurt
I've sent you an email, Kurt. This reminds me that I should check on donovana too, who also uses a screen reading program.

Old 2006-05-26, 09:55 AM
189.30 GB/594.78 GB/3.14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
In my experience, Azureus is a resource hog that can brutalize older Win-Tel computers and Utorrent is buggy and crashes routers (it sure crashes mine). I hope folks will still be able to use stable low impact clients like BitTornado and Bittorrent on this site.
older versions of utorrent had problems, but the newer versions are better fwiw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Streuber
Hey guys, I have a strange problem here. I am visually impaired, and I use a screen reading program that reads the text to me off the screen. I cannot tell what error I'm getting, but I just downloaded bittorrent, and can't open a single show without it giving me some kind of error message. Some will open, but not download, they'll just sit there. If you can help me I'd really appreciate it. In case you need it, my email is: [email protected]
Thanks, and sorry for being an ideot on this stuff.
Kurt
is it possible for you to get some help with reading the error messages and/or a screenshot of your client display? it will really help us to know the error message if that is possible. it is understandable that your situation is a little different from most, we want to help you.

edit: just saw Lynne's post, hope we can get this worked out fast

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Old 2006-05-26, 12:23 PM
1.13 TB/1.70 TB/1.51

Just wanted to thank all involved especially Lynne for making the smooth transition of this new passkey method a priority, I hope it can encourage fair sharing on everyone's part due to more accurate tracker stats. Perhaps incentives rather than penalties can be implemented.
THANKS AGAIN

Quote:
Originally posted by frankenberry
anybody else who decides to call me a fuckhead troll newbie (you know who you are) should be made to listen to phish bootleg taped by a '73 led zeppelin taper
Old 2006-05-26, 06:28 PM
163.15 GB/28.92 GB/0.18

Thumbs up Re: Passkey Tracker coming on Wednesday....

thanks for fixing bit tornado probs.

joe
Old 2006-05-26, 10:43 PM
Dr. Woof Woof Lombardi
1.03 TB/1.75 TB/1.70

OK, I'm running Azureus 2.4.0.2. Started downloading a brand new torrent (GD 3.31.85) after the new tracker was launched. Disabled DHT. And ever since, Azureus has been telling me that I am firewalled. Also, I'm getting a dreadful d/l rate (around 22 kB/s). I've stopped and started the torrent. I've started and restarted Azureus. I've checked my ports. Everything seems fine, except that Azureus says I'm firewalled. The peer list says I'm not firewalled, and the grc.com port scanner says I'm not, either. So I'm confused. I've read all 15 pages of this thread and don't see anyone else having this problem. Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks
Old 2006-05-26, 10:52 PM
413.66 GB/403.30 GB/0.97

Hey.. sorry i'm a bit computer illerate.. but here goes..

all my other torrent sites work.. i click the torrent link and the torrent pops up... asks what file to dl into and off we go...

now when i try to download anything on this site, i get a box that pops up asking me if i want to open the file.. or save the file.. almost like it's not registering my bit tornado..

I installed the new upadated bit tornado, thinking that was the problem... but things start dling on ezytree and bt.etree.. i don't understand why it doesn't work here...

Please help.. i'm bummed cuz I love this site..
thanks
esther
Old 2006-05-26, 10:55 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Um... Azureus never tells you if you are firewalled or not. It only tells you if you aren't connecting to any remote connections (firewalled peers) and that it might be because you are firewalled (if you are firewalled, you will never connect to another firewalled person). Unless you are saying you did the NAT check in Azureus? And in which case, you need to make sure you do that as soon as you launch Azureus and before you start any torrents at all.

There is nothing different in this tracker than the last that has to do with firewalling.

Old 2006-05-26, 10:59 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzturtle
Hey.. sorry i'm a bit computer illerate.. but here goes..

all my other torrent sites work.. i click the torrent link and the torrent pops up... asks what file to dl into and off we go...

now when i try to download anything on this site, i get a box that pops up asking me if i want to open the file.. or save the file.. almost like it's not registering my bit tornado..

I installed the new upadated bit tornado, thinking that was the problem... but things start dling on ezytree and bt.etree.. i don't understand why it doesn't work here...

Please help.. i'm bummed cuz I love this site..
thanks
esther
Not sure we did anything differnt regarding downloading attachments, but you should *always* download your torrent files to your harddrive. You need to have easy access to them to be able to start them up to help people who need a seed. So, save them to a folder (I put mine a folder called 'Torrent Files') and then double-click to get them started.

Old 2006-05-26, 11:03 PM
413.66 GB/403.30 GB/0.97

hmmm.. i download everything to my external hard drive into a 'downloads' folder...

i just don't understand why the torrents aren't connecting... it's only here.. i have one running from dimeadozen that i just started, and one from bt.etree that i just started.. and they connected fine..

i just can't seem to get a connection here.. it's frustrating.. i've never had this problem before

i restarted my computer, and downloaded an updated bit torrent.. then i started these two others at the other sites just to make sure that i could actually connect to something..

but then i came back here and still get the "save" or "open" box..
Old 2006-05-26, 11:30 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Then Save the torrent file to your drive. That's all the attachment is asking you to do. And then check if there are any seeds/leechers for the torrent you are trying to connect to (look in the thread Peers List). And, make sure you aren't firewalled, if you are, you won't connect to anyone else who is firewalled (those who are firewalled have their ports in red in the Peers List).

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions