The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2005-11-02, 07:14 PM
Can't Stand the Blazing Sun
95.06 GB/283.83 GB/2.99

Re: Report all ratio issues here

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
tomska, are you downloading a recent show (one uploaded since July 2)? Torrents that were uploaded prior to July 2 will not do anything to your stats.

All my downloads have been recent stuff. I know you weren't speaking to my U2Lynne....but just thought I would mention for whomever reviews my situation.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-11-03, 01:12 PM
8.86 GB/34.29 GB/3.87

[quote=U2Lynne]tomska, are you downloading a recent show (one uploaded since July 2)? Torrents that were uploaded prior to July 2 will not do anything to your stats, I have downloaded then uploaded the recent Blind Melon show posted a few days ago, my client is Bit Tornado and im not firewalled.
Old 2005-11-08, 03:43 AM
115.09 GB/150.94 GB/1.31

U2Lynne, hi, just wanted to say that my upload ratio has not moved in over a week!
I have a window open right now on the Stevie Ray DVD and in the last few hours have uploaded almost half a gig without no movement in my ratio.
I will continue to keep this window open.
Also, last week i did not download anything and uploaded at least 2 gigs with no movement in my share ratio.
It is where it was over a week ago.
I read where you said if you download from one computer and log on from another it does not know what to do, i think thats my problem!
I dont think you have no set ratio we have to stay at, but it does look bad to have a large download and small upload ratio, and i am really trying too!
thanks!
Old 2005-11-08, 10:17 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

tarkus, yes, it could definitely be mixed up because you are logging on from one computer and downloading from another. But, I also noticed you are using AOL and since that gives you a new IP all the time which can also screw things up because AOL could give your old IP to another TTD user and the stats could go to them.

Anyway, I couldn't figure out which user you were on the DVD. Why don't you send an email to [email protected] and let us know what your stats should be and we can manually adjust them.

Old 2005-11-08, 06:50 PM
skippy1
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

My ratio has been stuck at 0.63 for about two weeks. I have downloaded stuff and uploaded things since then.
Thanks.
Old 2005-11-08, 06:52 PM
skippy1
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy1
My ratio has been stuck at 0.63 for about two weeks. I have downloaded stuff and uploaded things since then.
Thanks.
To answer some questions asked of people here, I am only downloading from one location. I leave the torrents open to seed after I am finished. I had intended on seeding for awhile (I just got finished downloading Led Zep and Pink Floyd is almost done DVDs (over 8 Gb each) so I wanted to get my ratio back up. It hasn't moved in almost two weeks. I keep logged in and keep the torrents open.
Old 2005-11-08, 10:14 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Do you have links for the shows you are downloading? The only one I see you on is Cat Stevens.

Old 2005-11-09, 01:16 AM
cosmicdave
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Hey my ratio sucks and I can't access any torrents but I left my bittorrent client open until the uploads had dropped to nothing so what am I supposed to do to get a better ratio? This system doesn't make much sense. Any suggestions appreciated.
TIA
Old 2005-11-09, 10:10 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

cosmicdave, there are a few things to do to get your ratio up:

- make sure you have your ports forwarded through your router or modem and through your PC firewall and any virus detection software
- get on a new torrent right away, don't get onto an old torrent
- make sure you have your upload rate set to 80% or it's maximum so you are uploading a lot but still are able to download
- only get on one or two torrents at a time and stay on each of them until you reach 1:1 and then go onto a new torrent
- watch the list of Torrents Needing Seeds and help someone out who is stranded.

And remember, you don't need to grab every single show you see. Set up some trades with people. Find other people who have similar tastes in music and say you will download Torrent 1 and they can download Torrent 2 and then you guys can trade.

Old 2005-11-10, 02:32 AM
skippy1
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
Do you have links for the shows you are downloading? The only one I see you on is Cat Stevens.
It looks like I got tracked for a short time, but now it's been stalled for the last 24 hours...at 0.62 now. I"m at
(20.17 GB/12.44 GB/0.62)
I'm seeding the Led Zeppelin show
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...achmentid=2442
and downloading the Pink Floyd show
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...achmentid=4403
and Cat Stevens show
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...achmentid=5750

The Led Zeppelin is seeding at about 5 kB/sec.
The Pink Floyd is really moving right now--19 DL, 16 UL.
The Cat Stevens is at 11 DL, 3 UL.

Thanks.
Old 2005-11-10, 11:07 AM
skippy1
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy1
It looks like I got tracked for a short time, but now it's been stalled for the last 24 hours...at 0.62 now. I"m at
(20.17 GB/12.44 GB/0.62)
I'm seeding the Led Zeppelin show
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...achmentid=2442
and downloading the Pink Floyd show
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...achmentid=4403
and Cat Stevens show
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...achmentid=5750

The Led Zeppelin is seeding at about 5 kB/sec.
The Pink Floyd is really moving right now--19 DL, 16 UL.
The Cat Stevens is at 11 DL, 3 UL.

Thanks.

Never mind. I just did some more reading on this forum and checked into these two torrents (led zep and pf). They're from June. I thought they were newer than that. I guess if all else fails, read the directions! Duh!
Old 2005-11-10, 02:58 PM
35.85 GB/36.85 GB/1.03

I don't understand my stats at all. My ratio is over 1 to 1 this morning yet my official ratio on the site is 0.70 which makes it look like I'm not seeding when I'm trying to play fair.
Old 2005-11-10, 05:31 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quatermass
I don't understand my stats at all. My ratio is over 1 to 1 this morning yet my official ratio on the site is 0.70 which makes it look like I'm not seeding when I'm trying to play fair.
It was over 1 for a single torrent? Did you go logon from another computer sometimes today? That will screw up the tracker. You can hit the Contact Us link on the bottom of the page and tell us the numbers you think it should say and what torrent it was and we can manually update them for you.

Old 2005-11-12, 06:12 AM
run1
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Neither my upload or download is correct. I've competed the download of Bob Dylan - genuine live - 1966, which is 2.84GB, and has seeded ca 64% at the moment (with a 57kb ul right now).

I'm also currently downloading REM 2001-05-21.

I'm using the latest version of abc. Tried your suggestions, but they didn't seem to do anything
Old 2005-11-12, 10:01 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

run1, both of those shows are on the old tracker (shows uploaded to the site prior to July 2, 2005) which is why your stats aren't updating while you are on them. If your bt client keeps track of the stats for you, when you are done grabbing the REM show, email the siteadmin via the Contact Us link below and tell us what your upload/download was for both of those shows and we can manually adjust them for you.

Boy, that Bob Dylan one is our second longest running one and it's still going strong thanks to people like you who continue seeding!

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble