The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-26, 06:32 PM
6.17 GB/44.60 GB/7.23

Re: What are Site Admins allowed to do with donations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf-pgh
you mean he is lying again .... that is SO NOT NICE !

im never gonna meet any hot babes on the internet. this sucks
yes, i am a bad bad man. fear me, i will eat your neopets if you have them. i will record their virtual screams and torrent them on my site. i am evil. fear me. i share music.
Old 2007-05-26, 06:34 PM
6.17 GB/44.60 GB/7.23

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombfuckingsucks
...and the increased download power that Zomb members have been advertising and spamming on other message boards to entice people to purchase from Zomb?
i am done answering your BS questions. stop grabbing at thin air and pretending you have something.

if members of zomb are posting anywhere its because of trolls like yourself starting problems.

if we get new members, great. members are constantly signing up, its not more money, its more bandwidth, as this is bit torrent, and every byte helps!
Old 2007-05-26, 06:38 PM
On the Beach
666.18 GB/1.29 TB/1.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhisattva
yes, i am a bad bad man. fear me, i will eat your neopets if you have them. i will record their virtual screams and torrent them on my site. i am evil. fear me. i share music.
i want sexy girls

the City of Tape has sexy girls in thongs!
http://www.tapecity.org/showpost.php...9&postcount=10

TTD has lynne & quite a few others!

you should get some hot babes at Zomb its good for moral
Old 2007-05-26, 06:43 PM
6.17 GB/44.60 GB/7.23

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf-pgh
i want sexy girls

the City of Tape has sexy girls in thongs!
http://www.tapecity.org/showpost.php...9&postcount=10

TTD has lynne & quite a few others!

you should get some hot babes at Zomb
only donors who get access to the super uber ultra privileged section get to see our hot chicks. its 24/7 cyber. we almost forgot the pumpkins were getting back together it was so intense.

and btw, we have no special section for donors. never have, never will. i'm a bad man.
Old 2007-05-26, 07:18 PM
the non-nuclear Homer Simpson
202.13 GB/314.80 GB/1.56

I have no problem donating to sites I trust (trust is the keyword). I've given money to several that I felt deserve it including this one. When the new servers were coming in and TTD was behind the money curve I gave some cash. Not because I felt obligated, but because I've known Lynne for like 5 years and trust her and how she operates this site. I don't want to see this place go down so I keep an eye on the operating cost here. Should I, as a paying member, demand accountability? Depends on the site. But here, I trust Lynne and what she has set out to accomplish. A free and open trading site with very little restrictions except to keep the trade pool clean. Share ratios aren't enforced like other sites, money gifts buy you nothing but a sense of helping the community and it's one of the most helpful communities around. How many other sites give their members such helpful techno help? Rarely does a site give such unselfish help to the community. Yes, there are a few bad apples, but for the most part the technobabble section here is unsurpassed. If they don't have the answer, they have the link.

Lynne, you have a great site and I respect you tons for doing what you do and still maintaining a great marriage and family. If we never meet, you will always be a friend to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I hear the Rape is lovely this time of year.
Quote:
hey man if nobody else has helped you out, i can continue to ignore you too
Old 2007-05-26, 07:36 PM
GrOoOvemeister
2.57 TB/2.00 TB/0.78

I am completetly unaware of the personal aggressions held by those on this thread...I am not really a ZOMB user, though I have been there before and got some cool Floyd stuff (thanx to Zomb for that) and I also don't care for the Smashing Pumpkins too much, so all of the history is lost on me...but strictly from lookin at previous comments and trying to put it all together, I am noticing a lot of problems on both sides of the fence

first I think it's inappropriate to expect people to respect your wishes when torrenting stuff...people will use free-will and do as they please...this is why lots of old-school folks didn't share their masters in the first place back in the day, because they didn't want people fuckin with it and the only way to do that is to keep it to yourself...of course I'd rather see things shared nicely, but asking people to not torrent somewhere and getting mad because are people are gaining access to your stuff is kinda childish...but if I read correctly that it was posted there almost as soon as it completed here, then it does sound like someone was deliberately trying to piss of the uploader, so whoever put it on Zomb is a dick for doin it (knowing it would stir up a shitstorm) and the uploader was askin for trouble by putting rules on the sharing of the music...once I dl it, it's mine...I will respect the idea of not remastering it, or mp3ing it for further distribution, but if I think there is interest elsewhere, and I think it's a good show, then I'll upload it to reach a maximum audience...the Zomb policy saying something to the effect of "fuck the tapers" (which I know is a gross misinterpretation, but I don't remember exactly what it said) seems to invite a bad attitude and it should be expected that tapers may take offense to the idea that you encourage people to go against tapers wishes...but on the other side, I think if a taper is sharing his source, the only rule should be to try and share it with as many people as possible for maximum enjoyment...a lot of this seems foolish to me...I think when you share the music, it's all or nothin...once it's out there, it's free as a bird...and the tapers should have enough sense to realize this when they decide whether or not to share it

FWIW I think bodhisativa should have been smart enough to keep his emotions out of the picture when discussing site policy...you knew you were heated when you made the comment about not sharing Sebastians stuff on your site...and you knew that you wouldn't hold to that...that would be punishing your members for your personal disagreements, and you knew that...I appreciate the idea that you changed your mind...but it seems that after the whole thing blew up, you realized you were gonna come out lookin like a dick and backed off of your statement...of course you're allowed to rethink things (constructive commentary is great for that) but you should have known better than to allow personal feelings to affect you as an adminstrator

all parties concerned here sound like normal, decent folks, and I think it's a shame how something like this can bring out the worst in all of us, and yes it reflects poorly on all parties involved...hopefully there can be peace in the valley once again (ummm...did we ever have that???) because all of this BS really takes away from the spirit of sharing that deep down, I think we all try to perpetuate...hopefully we can all find a way to put htis behind us and have fun with it

I think Sebastian is wrong for sharing his tapes and getting angry when they are shared elsewhere...come on dude, you HAD to see that comin a mile away...you can't honestly react with shock and offense at an obvious outcome can you...sounds like you did it strictly to get the argument with Zomb started in the first place (but again, I know little of the history, so pardon any glaring inaccuracy or omission of facts...I am only making my opinion on what I've gathered here)

I also think that bodhisativa is wrong for the fact that he should never have fought with Sebastian in the first place and got into the whole "screw you, your tapes aren't welcome on my site" thing...both of you should be ashamed of yourselves...lots of kind folks who just want to enjoy good music are in the middle of two people personal disagreements, and that's not right...this whole thing should have been left private...the point of this excercise was to embarass bodhisativa in a public forum and bring to light things about his site that you disagree with...there were better ways to do this...I think you both come off lookin a little stupid for it honestly (i'm sorry if I just really pissed one or both of you off...as I said, it seems you are both reasonable people that would otherwise be well-respected)

and lastly about the Zomb donation policy...giving people stuff for donations is wrong...I don't really see any problem with stickers or a gold star or anything, but if people can get free stuff (no purchase necessary, so to speak) then so be it, but if there is something that states that you give them stuff based on the size of the donation (which I can't find that page on the Zomb, but I believe I heard bodhisativa confirm that they give more to the larger donaters) then that IS wrong...even if that's what you choose to do (which is your perogative) announcing that larger donations receive more (or better) "gifts" invites the accusations...if it wasn't stated that way, who really cares what you give the donaters, but announcing that more (or better) stuff is given based on the size of the donation is wrong, and IMHO something like that shouldn't be stated as policy...I hope you guys know that I don't really think more or less of either of you and I am just adding my opinions to help calm the situation...hopefully you read this with an open mind and don't just rip into me for my "ignorance" of the big picture...I'm just hoping that two otherwise decent individuals may find a peaceful resolution....even if that resolution is to agree to disagree

in closing I believe that you should share with no strings attached or on't share at all...I'm sure you could vine it to your friends who you trust to keep things private if need be, but if you feel like you need to share (a noble thing to do BTW...props for your efforts in recording AND sharing) then you must accept that the source will be shared far and wide...frankly, I think you should be honored that other people were so happy with your work that they decided to share it on another site to reach a different audience (regardless of your opinions of the administrator) your work was appreciated and that's why it is getting major circulation...although it may leave a bad taste in your mouth the way it was done, you should still feel some sort of pride in the fact that others felt the need to share it elsewhere...it's a testament to the quality of your recording that it was so good they had to share it far and wide

lastly, I feel that Zomb has a right to do what they please, and as long as they are open and honest about what they do, whether or not it's "ethical" is your call, and if you feel it's not legit, don't go there...but if bodhisativa allows personal feelings to govern the way the site runs, then that becomes dishonest...the only reason you "changed your mind" is because you knew from the get go as soon as you calmed down that you made a poor decision (nothing wrong with that BTW...we all have been know to do that from time to time) but "flip-flopping" based on your emotions at the moment will lead to lots of changed policy, and if the policy changes all the time to bend to the emotions of the admin then I can easily see how people are turned off by your site...you really oughta get to know exactly how you feel about every aspect of the site (maybe open a forum for discussion to solidify your postion if need be) but make a policy that you are proud of and willing to stick with and stick with it...if you don't know how you feel about something, don't address the issue till you gave it a lot of thought and are ready to defend your position...it seems your anger got the best of you and led you to speak for the site (inappropriately) and opened a whole can of worms...this probably could've been avoided by not responding in haste, and saying something to the effect of "I will only remove torrents at the request of the band" or "people are allowed to share what they please on my site, and I won't stop them from sharing because you disapprove" or something well thought out and decent sounding, and all of this could have been avoided...I realize this is a lengthy post and I'm sorry, but I hear some really good people saying some really fucked up shit, and I'm hoping I can try to be a voice of reason for you...not that I am any better than anyone else, but sometimes an outsider can see things without emotion and therefore be a better judge of the situation...although it's far to late to make a difference now, hopefully my comments will help you both to make better decisions in the future...you're both kinda getting what you deserve for acting strictly on emotion and not thinking logically...Sebastian knew that he had no control over people sharing at Zomb, and bodhisativa knew he wouldn't be able to police his community to slight Sebastian...you both fucked up and it's all comin bak on ya...I personally don't see a whole lot I like at Zomb, and I don't really care for their policies, so I don't bother to go there, but I wouldn't mind if Zomb members are sharing something I upped here...trying to stop assholes from having access to stuff that's in circulation is futile (I learned that in the ratio discussion thread) and the only thing you guys accomplished was bring the public attention to your personal situation...hopefully you guys are mature enough to let it go and move on and learn from this to be even better folks than you were before this mess...good luck guys, I wish you all the best...sorry if I am a little offensive, but that's my 2 cents (alright this one was at least a nickel...maybe even a dime, but that's what I think)

P.S. this boondoggle only goes to show how good a job U2Lynne does here...I don't think I've ever heard anyone question her authority...I may disagree with some of the things sh does, but I respect her and know that she has a clear idea of what is right and wrong, and while she is willing to "change her mind" it is rare (if ever) because she has a clear vision and is willing to defend it...God bless you Lynne for having a great site...it's obviously rare to find a site where everyone agrees on the policies (for the most part) and situations like this only magnify how great a job you do here...keep up the good work

as that Fantastic Four guy says....FLAME ON
Old 2007-05-26, 07:38 PM
GrOoOvemeister
2.57 TB/2.00 TB/0.78

WOW

did I really just rant that much??? HOLY SHIT!!! sorry, but I think the points were all valid and needed to be said...sorry to make you all read that much...but hopefully it wasn't a total waste of time...I meant well guys
Old 2007-05-26, 07:51 PM
entropy357
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezer
You posted (in anger probably) that you would not want his recording up at your site.....

Then you did it anyway.
No, he was upset and said in anger he didn't want the recording on the site. But It was someone else who actually uploaded it.

If you want to pick over every word stated in a very heated situation we are going to get nowhere.

All this arguing really doesn't really help anything.
Old 2007-05-26, 07:54 PM
On the Beach
666.18 GB/1.29 TB/1.99

you rock Phishblowz

you have an excellent writting style & enjoyed reading your thoughts.

-think you hit a lot of nails on the head squarely imo.
Old 2007-05-26, 08:22 PM
entropy357
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian
There still is no valid reason why the recording needed to be reseeded there. If this was all about sharing the music the Zomb mods could have just posted links to the TTD torrents on their site. But this was just a welcome opportunity for them to give me the finger. I can live with that, as I said earlier. It's no big deal for me.
Sebastian, I believe the message "DO NOT SHARE AT THE ZOMB (ZOMB SUCKS!)" in your original text file started this. I noticed you seemed to have removed that message, I appreciate you doing that. Let's try work things out and stop arguing.

Like it or not zomb is a major smashing pumpkins torrent site, and I think is it highly unrealistic of you to expect the first smashing pumpkins show in 7 years to not be shared there. Seriously man, think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian
Edit: Let me just add that the reasons for my dislike of the Zomb are not personal differences with staff members (c'mon, there are assholes everywhere), but rather the aggressive donation policy of that side. I think I have already elaborated enough on that earlier.
I've already tried to explain the zomb donation thing once before as bodi has also. No one is ever required to donate at the zomb. I'm not sure how much clearer it can get than that.

This whole thing has gotten blown up way out of proportion. Can we all just drop it now? Or at least soon? Please? This is all supposed to be about the music. This is leaving a bad taste in everyone's mouth and I hope it ends soon.
Old 2007-05-26, 08:35 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy357
No, he was upset and said in anger he didn't want the recording on the site. But It was someone else who actually uploaded it.

If you want to pick over every word stated in a very heated situation we are going to get nowhere.

All this arguing really doesn't really help anything.
He ALLOWED it. And if you want to pick over every word stated in a very heated situation we are going to get nowhere ....

Instead, why don't you zombs admit that you guys just wanted to fuck the taper and get over yourselves and get on with your lives.

The pettyness displayed here by bodhisattva in this thread coupled with what transpired on your site in relation to this recording is tremendously detrimental to the community that you're trying to serve. And the worst part is that it really stems from the zomb admins for allowing/encouraging this to transpire.

You seem like a voice of reason, entrophy357.

Are you willing to truthfully answer one question: Did NO mods or admins at zomb disagree with the decision to disrespect this taper and allow this at zomb?

Honestly, entropy357, doesn't any admins at zomb believe in common courtesy? Don't you think you guys possibly could have given this a few days to cool off?

That's why I believe bodhisattva's myriad 'explanations' were rationalizations and lies.

You guys at zomb knew what you were doing and its nothing more than a case of spite on your parts. Admit it.

Your site owner proved today that zomb is taper-unfriendly. When he could have looked like a champ in honoring his word, he chose to be a moral coward in not honoring his word.

This is nothing more than a case of "we got your tape Sebastian, nya-nya-na-na-nya....."

If bodhisattva had admitted that, well, this thread would have been done a long time ago.

This discussion would be finished and you guys would have "clean" consciences (albeit still have that black eye for your contempt towards a taper while passing his work around) and the rest of us would know exactly what to expect from the zomb admins.....as if it's not evident now.
Old 2007-05-26, 09:10 PM
6.17 GB/44.60 GB/7.23

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezer
He ALLOWED it. And if you want to pick over every word stated in a very heated situation we are going to get nowhere ....

Instead, why don't you zombs admit that you guys just wanted to fuck the taper and get over yourselves and get on with your lives.

The pettyness displayed here by bodhisattva in this thread coupled with what transpired on your site in relation to this recording is tremendously detrimental to the community that you're trying to serve. And the worst part is that it really stems from the zomb admins for allowing/encouraging this to transpire.

You seem like a voice of reason, entrophy357.

Are you willing to truthfully answer one question: Did NO mods or admins at zomb disagree with the decision to disrespect this taper and allow this at zomb?

Honestly, entropy357, doesn't any admins at zomb believe in common courtesy? Don't you think you guys possibly could have given this a few days to cool off?

That's why I believe bodhisattva's myriad 'explanations' were rationalizations and lies.

You guys at zomb knew what you were doing and its nothing more than a case of spite on your parts. Admit it.

Your site owner proved today that zomb is taper-unfriendly. When he could have looked like a champ in honoring his word, he chose to be a moral coward in not honoring his word.

This is nothing more than a case of "we got your tape Sebastian, nya-nya-na-na-nya....."

If bodhisattva had admitted that, well, this thread would have been done a long time ago.

This discussion would be finished and you guys would have "clean" consciences (albeit still have that black eye for your contempt towards a taper while passing his work around) and the rest of us would know exactly what to expect from the zomb admins.....as if it's not evident now.
dude, we will hold contempt for anyone who posts on a message board we suck, especially when most is based on problems they had with individuals.

this has ended. i have asked my staff to stop responding here. if they don't, its their perogative, but I would prefer this just to end, as people like you seem to twist it around with every post.

the negativity started with the initial post. we didn't start the negativity, so please stop touting the idea that we did.

this is over, everyone, seriously. if sebastian and I feel there is something to talk about, I'm sure we will, but I dont it will happen, and doesn't matter either way.

there is no reason for anyone to speculate about anyones reasoning or intentions. its not your place to dissect anyones psychology or actions. worry about yourself and the impact you make on the world. we didnt come aroudn to shit on any of you, yet we were pulled into this mess.

what more is there to admit, I said I changed my mind based on the input from other staff. I jumped the gun with my own feelings, but at no point did my feelings ever impact the policy on my site. At the time I said I didn't want to see it on the site it was not near completion. Before it was even seeded we had come to the conclusion that it was delusional for them to think it would not be on zomb, and as a site its not our responsibility to bow down to delusional requests.

the show is on many sites in many formats. somoene has also uploaded the 24bit version to zomb as well. from their perspective nothing says they cannot, and from our perspective based on this entire experience nothing says we should stop them.

and yes, i am sure the person who uploaded it to the site, knew what they were doing. they managed to get it uploaded, they seeded it well, so yes, they knew EXACTLY what they were doing. they were sharing music with people that was on their computer, we all have that ability and right to use those ports based on our agreements with our ISPs.

you can go on feeling extremely righteous, another crusader if you want. you have that right to be an internet superhero spreading truth and justice in your own fantasy world.

we've sent out THOUSANDS of copies of the first smashing pumpkins concert, yes I'd say this was a huge detrimental impact. GET REAL.. you are still trying to paint people who share music with anyone who wants it as bad, and its making you people look silly.

YES WE SHARED THE RELEASE! BY TOMORROW OVER 3,000 PEOPLE WILL HAVE DOWNLOADED IT VIA OUR TRACKER AND DIRECT DOWNLOAD SERVERS. WE ARE HORRIBLE FOR SHARING THIS FREE MUSIC WITH ANYONE WHO WANTED IT, NO QUESTIONS ASKED, SIMPLY MONSTERS!

Ideas changed, and it seems even the request to not share it on ZOMB is gone as well. Surely he is not a liar for changing his mind, or at least removing the antagonizing line. Someone changed their mind, policy, and it doesn't make them a liar. People change their mind/policies all of the time.

and you all might not view me rosey, it doesn't really matter. I won't be hanging out here much longer anyways, and you don't ever need to see me again. But, if you feel better continuing to feel negative ranting and raving about the same thing over and over, its up to you.

those of you who I have answered and you continue to say the same thing over and over, I AM DONE, for good. I have explained why, how, where, and when. its all out in the open, no one hid anything.

to everyone who has read this, i feel bad for you. i apologize to everyone for wasting your time. I shuldn't have entertained most of these responses, and focused solely on people who seemed to make sense, but albeit, I wanted to make sure I gave time to all of your concerns.
Old 2007-05-26, 09:17 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

jeezus, that was sure a mouthful of nothing but ranting and rationalizations.

Nobody said anything about sharing or not sharing.

Its your integrity and your site's integrity that's been called into question by your "Fuck the Taper" attitude.

And I see that entropy357 probably won't be answering whether or not any zomb admins had the stones to call bullshit on the "Fuck-the-Taper" policy at zomb.

Last edited by freezer; 2007-05-26 at 09:24 PM.
Old 2007-05-26, 09:19 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

I've been gone most of the day and will read over the whole thread soon, but I saw it suggested that since bodhisattva is an admin, he shouldn't have said he wouldn't share the show at his site, but then it was. As an Admin here, I have to say that sometimes you respond to posts as an individual, not an admin. How can you not? But, unfortunately, you can't choose to be wearing your individual hat instead of your admin hat.

(Oh, btw, I'll tell all you guys and anyone who will listen, my daughter graduated from college today in MIS with a 4.0! It was awesome and I'm so damn proud of her!)

Old 2007-05-26, 09:25 PM
6.17 GB/44.60 GB/7.23

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
I've been gone most of the day and will read over the whole thread soon, but I saw it suggested that since bodhisattva is an admin, he shouldn't have said he wouldn't share the show at his site, but then it was. As an Admin here, I have to say that sometimes you respond to posts as an individual, not an admin. How can you not? But, unfortunately, you can't choose to be wearing your individual hat instead of your admin hat.

(Oh, btw, I'll tell all you guys and anyone who will listen, my daughter graduated from college today in MIS with a 4.0! It was awesome and I'm so damn proud of her!)
correct Lynne, but I am just an individual here. Although I may have posted here my intentions for my site, they never were enacted. Even things I feel very passionately about we do not do on ZOMB. I wish I always got my way, haha. But we never told ZOMB users that it could not be on the site.

Its all semantics now, and really of no consequence. But i totally I understand what you are saying.

I can post all day about how I'd like the site to be run, and to a major degree what I want to get done, does get done, but like I said, I'm not a dictator, and as it was mulled over, it was clear to me my feelings were not the proper course of action to be taken.

Anyways, its a long read. If you actually do read this all, than as stated by many of your fans here, you are definitely a great admin. Not sure I could even stomach this all again.

Last edited by bodhisattva; 2007-05-26 at 09:31 PM.
Closed Thread

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions