The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-01, 06:28 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Re: What are Site Admins allowed to do with donations?

Maybe I should get some ratio credit everytime somebody uses a quote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
You wall-eyed apple-knocking pig-fuckers! You don't know shit!
Old 2007-06-01, 06:35 PM
GrOoOvemeister
2.57 TB/2.00 TB/0.78

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritinaphoto
Excuse me, but are you insinuating that my share ratio isn't sufficient? It's 0.06 higher than yours, so don't you dare imply that my share ratio sucks.

(And let's not get into quantities uploaded--my capacity isn't what it used to be. I imagine if I was still in the dorms with that insanely good connection, I'd probably be over a terabyte over at DIME, if not here as well.)
no sir, I didn't mean you, I see it reads that way, but I meant it towards those with poor ratios who rely on excuses...sorry for the misinterpretation...I should've made that clear...in reading it, I would've though that was directed at you as well...I meant it towards the average guy with a shitty ratio and great excuses...sorry to get you riled up friend, I meant no offense to you...frankly I don't even really mean to offend those with a poor ratio...they can do as they please, but to expect to hear their excuses and validate them ain't gonna happen...below 1.0 only happens when you don't care to do more...

of course new guys are likely to blow their ratio on all these great torrents before they settle in, but after awhile it should start to balance out...if they are actively trying to...most people with poor ratios defend themselves with BS excuses rather than standing up and sayin something to the effect of "I do what I please and it is satisfactory to me"...although I still think less of the person with that attitude, I respect him more than the guy with lame excuses about mathematical possibilities and such...if they spent as much time uploading as they do calculating the overall process of bit-torrent, they probably wouldn't have a ratio in need of defense, but what do I know
Old 2007-06-01, 06:51 PM
the non-nuclear Homer Simpson
202.13 GB/314.80 GB/1.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezer
does everybody at this goddam site have to quote me in their signatures at one time or another?

Nope. You are just a bitter vindictive old man, whereas Brian is actually funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I hear the Rape is lovely this time of year.
Quote:
hey man if nobody else has helped you out, i can continue to ignore you too
Old 2007-06-01, 06:59 PM
GrOoOvemeister
2.57 TB/2.00 TB/0.78

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet
This is pure speculation. That's OK though, I like to speculate too. My speculation is that lots of people who have high ratio have that because they just leave their torrent client going all the time. I'll seed a show and just let'er rip for days - weeks! I don't do it because I have to. I just do. It's easy for me in my circumstance.
IMHO I see no reason to share over a 1.0 on any given torrent (unless I'm the only seeder, in which case I'll share as needed) and I think many of the over 1.0 ratio guys would agree that they would rather upload something new than continue to share something old...yes it's speculation, and I don't mean that we wouldn't share after we achieve a 1.0, but I mean for a specific torrent...yes it may be simple to leave the window open and let it run, and some of you may do that...but I know I like to move on to bigger and better things, and many I spoke with feel the same way...it's a pain in the ass to reload an old torrent to help a few stragglers, not that I won't ever do it, but to know that a couple hundred leechers all pissed on the opportunity to help out and left the uploader to bear the burden AGAIN bothers me, and to listen to those same people talk about how there's no one to share the old torrents to??? just look around...we got a list on the main page full of torrents needing help...opportunity is everywhere, and all I hear from the masses are excuses as to why they do so little...and the bottom line is that there is NO excuse...people just need to own their behavior and if they are dissatisfied with it, they should improve it...either that or live with it...but don't make excuses for it...that's the only point I have to make...do what you wanna do, but don't take offense when someone calls you out on it...I'm not proud of all the things I have done in my life, but I did em...I can blame society and continue to shame myself by continuing the behavior or I can blame myself and improve...sure it's easier to point the finger, but it's more rewarding to take responsibility (in the long run) but this is just one mans opinion...

we as a society have moved from improving ourselves to accepting ourselves...sometimes we should be ashamed and sometimes it's not okay to feel good about yourself...but these days everyone is special in their own way, and no one feels compelled to do more than what comes naturally...extra effort was the driving force of America, from liberation to automobiles to taking flight...imagine if they were satisifed with the horse and buggy that was available to them...sometimes we need to strive for greatness...and the people who are doing so much around here on this site are pushing it to greatness, while we make torrents, they make excuses...not that everyone should be an uploader (we do need downloaders too) but people should know their role...if you are a taker with no intention to give back what you take (not just in bandwidth but bnps and stuff as well), then do so without trying to make us believe you care so much about this place...you are who you are...don't excuse it...own it

EDIT: this is not directed at any individual person, but is a generalization of what i see from those with poor ratios...I was not thinking of any one person in writing this, just thinking abstractly...so if anyone felt I flamed them personally, I'm sorry...but if you fall in this group I refer to, then maybe you should take it personally...but will you get angry at me for pointing out the facts, or will you better yourself???
Old 2007-06-01, 07:01 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by possessed
Nope. You are just a bitter vindictive old man, whereas Brian is actually funny.

What a vindictive quote......

Meet possessed, another of the taper-unfriendly sanctioned trolls that occasionally stumble from the Lounge..... shame on you, at least you might have thought to use some humor instead on just wasting space trolling in a music thread.......

Quote:
Old 2007-06-01, 07:15 PM
Greedy Corporation
TTD Staff
73.48 GB/423.76 GB/5.77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phishblowz
IMHO I see no reason to share over a 1.0 on any given torrent (unless I'm the only seeder, in which case I'll share as needed) and I think many of the over 1.0 ratio guys would agree that they would rather upload something new than continue to share something old...yes it's speculation, and I don't mean that we wouldn't share after we achieve a 1.0, but I mean for a specific torrent...yes it may be simple to leave the window open and let it run, and some of you may do that...but I know I like to move on to bigger and better things, and many I spoke with feel the same way...it's a pain in the ass to reload an old torrent to help a few stragglers, not that I won't ever do it, but to know that a couple hundred leechers all pissed on the opportunity to help out and left the uploader to bear the burden AGAIN bothers me, and to listen to those same people talk about how there's no one to share the old torrents to??? just look around...we got a list on the main page full of torrents needing help...opportunity is everywhere, and all I hear from the masses are excuses as to why they do so little...and the bottom line is that there is NO excuse...people just need to own their behavior and if they are dissatisfied with it, they should improve it...either that or live with it...but don't make excuses for it...that's the only point I have to make...do what you wanna do, but don't take offense when someone calls you out on it...I'm not proud of all the things I have done in my life, but I did em...I can blame society and continue to shame myself by continuing the behavior or I can blame myself and improve...sure it's easier to point the finger, but it's more rewarding to take responsibility (in the long run) but this is just one mans opinion...

we as a society have moved from improving ourselves to accepting ourselves...sometimes we should be ashamed and sometimes it's not okay to feel good about yourself...but these days everyone is special in their own way, and no one feels compelled to do more than what comes naturally...extra effort was the driving force of America, from liberation to automobiles to taking flight...imagine if they were satisifed with the horse and buggy that was available to them...sometimes we need to strive for greatness...and the people who are doing so much around here on this site are pushing it to greatness, while we make torrents, they make excuses...not that everyone should be an uploader (we do need downloaders too) but people should know their role...if you are a taker with no intention to give back what you take (not just in bandwidth but bnps and stuff as well), then do so without trying to make us believe you care so much about this place...you are who you are...don't excuse it...own it

EDIT: this is not directed at any individual person, but is a generalization of what i see from those with poor ratios...I was not thinking of any one person in writing this, just thinking abstractly...so if anyone felt I flamed them personally, I'm sorry...but if you fall in this group I refer to, then maybe you should take it personally...but will you get angry at me for pointing out the facts, or will you better yourself???

That's all fine. But I'm just letting you know that I speculate there are plenty of people like myself, who just let there torrents run because they can.

Putting a torrent up actually takes quite a bit of time for me, what with the leveling, tracking, figuring out the song names, etc. So when you say that you would rather spend your time uploading something new, that's not the case for me. I let each of my torrents run its course, then go through the work of setting up a new one. Meanwhile I've uploaded like 10 copies. LOL.

I hear your frustration, I just don't share it.
Old 2007-06-01, 08:00 PM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Smoke a bowl!
Old 2007-06-01, 08:27 PM
202.13 GB/314.80 GB/1.56

Quote:

What a vindictive quote......

Meet possessed, another of the taper-unfriendly sanctioned trolls that occasionally stumble from the Lounge..... shame on you, at least you might have thought to use some humor instead on just wasting space trolling in a music thread.......

Thanks old man!

I troll out of the lounge everyday. Unfortunately, I don't feel like posting in all the forums. Oh and you would know me better if you were actually allowed in the lounge. Says something about you.

I'm quite taper friendly. I've seeded shows for tapers on STG that were on dial-up or unable to upload for other reasons. And all my torrents include the original tapers comments and names where known. I don't torrent here anymore, but do so on DAD and have uploaded 4 shows in the last 3 days with thanks to the original tapers and even contact with them for more info. Guess you missed the post where I said respect the taper, otherwise these sites wouldn't exist. I assume you were to busy yelling at the "whippersnappers."

Meet freezer, the owner of many masters that will never see the light of day because he is a bitter old man who prefers to argue then make friends(and feel like he's worshipped for owning such "treasures"). I see him as the angry old codger whom takes your ball when it lands in his yard and yells at you while waving his cane.

Love ya old man. But I love everyone, just not in the same order.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 2007-06-01, 09:32 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Thanks old man!

I troll out ............................. .......
agreed.

Quote:
.........Meet freezer, the owner of many masters that will never see the light of day because he is a bitter old man .............. Love ya old man. But I love everyone, just not in the same order.
Why are you still trolling after me....Do I have something you want?
Do you think I owe you something?
I ask NOTHING from you.

Well, if you think I have something you want, why don't you be nice and prove you're so "taper-friendly" and offer this old taper a trade? Surely with all the tapers 'giving' you stuff, somebody can help you find something to trade.....what is it you want from me that you can't get that made you this angry everytyime you troll after me?

And if you think I have something you want, offer me a trade and then let everyone have what you 'liberate' from freezer.

You wanna blow your horn about what you "share" at DaD .... well, shit-fire bub, you could brag for a whole year about what you 'released' from the freezer, right.....if you can pull off a trade, huh?

HOWEVER: If I don't have anything you want, please go ahead and stifle your need to up your post count by trolling after me again .....

Make up your mind, n00bie....please either PM me for a trade, if you think I have something you want, or please stop being mean-spirited and go away IF you think I don't.

Nobody wants to see this turn into a flame war....so stop it now, possessed.......please.

Oh yeah, I love you too, as much as I respect the president .......

Quote:
Old 2007-06-01, 10:06 PM
202.13 GB/314.80 GB/1.56

Quote:
agreed.

Why are you still trolling after me....Do I have something you want?
Do you think I owe you something?
I ask NOTHING from you.

Well, if you think I have something you want, why don't you be nice and prove you're so "taper-friendly" and offer this old taper a trade? Surely with all the tapers 'giving' you stuff, somebody can help you find something to trade.....what is it you want from me that you can't get that made you this angry everytyime you troll after me?

And if you think I have something you want, offer me a trade and then let everyone have what you 'liberate' from freezer.

You wanna blow your horn about what you "share" at DaD .... well, shit-fire bub, you could brag for a whole year about what you 'released' from the freezer, right.....if you can pull off a trade, huh?

HOWEVER: If I don't have anything you want, please go ahead and stifle your need to up your post count by trolling after me again .....

Make up your mind, n00bie....please either PM me for a trade, if you think I have something you want, or please stop being mean-spirited and go away IF you think I don't.

Nobody wants to see this turn into a flame war....so stop it now, possessed.......please.

Oh yeah, I love you too, as much as I respect the president .......

Thanks again for proving what an asshole you are.

I have no knowledge of what you have (because you hoard your "stash") so I couldn't tell you if I wish to trade. But if you want to share your Elvis and and Monkees masters (I'm assuming there because you are like what, 70ish), I have some more modern music from the 80's on.

And I have zero interest in sharing your masters for internet fame. The pay is zilch and the high is short lived. I'll stick with trading the music I like not some third rate 50's recordings of long forgotten stars. Have a great night of patting yourself on the back about what you have and others don't. You are nothing more than a Star Wars geek with some action figure in the box that is unique. It gets you admiration of the losers and laughs from the real world.

sorry if this is your signature.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 2007-06-01, 10:25 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Thanks again for proving what an asshole you are.

sorry if this is your signature.
Clever and intelligent....... and the finger also....You are some mature gent....yeah, I love ya, dude, .

Since you admit you don't want anything and you admit to trolling, can you go away now?

Oh and ......Hoarde this.........

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=38444

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=35705

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=35325

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=27190

Quote:

Last edited by freezer; 2007-06-01 at 10:34 PM.
Old 2007-06-01, 11:04 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Did I hear something that was not about donations?

(If it's personal, take it away guys!)

Old 2007-06-02, 02:23 AM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

best thred ev3r
Old 2007-06-02, 09:29 AM
TTD VIP
19.33 TB/8.15 TB/0.42

Buck up burlap and fart gold dust...these cowboys mean business!
Old 2007-06-03, 05:40 PM
zombfuckingsucks
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

It would be appropriate for zomb stop selling boootleg access and apologize for its poor conduct.
Closed Thread

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions