The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2005-09-17, 03:50 PM
db.etree.org/chachi420
TTD VIP
206.73 GB/1.15 TB/5.72

Please Help -Firewalled (Computer Expert Needed)

Please Help -Firewalled (Computer Expert Needed)

I am firewalled and portforward.com didn't help this time (though that's worked for me before)
Any ideas??

"If your share ratio is less than 1.0, then please offer b&ps and/or freebies to give back to the TTD community" ~Chachi
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-09-17, 07:11 PM
152.29 GB/261.57 GB/1.72

Re: Please Help -Firewalled (Computer Expert Needed)

netgear router?
Old 2005-09-17, 08:23 PM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

I think it's because your sig is so long...
Old 2005-09-17, 09:23 PM
db.etree.org/chachi420
TTD VIP
206.73 GB/1.15 TB/5.72

Here's the situation....
Linksys WRT52G wireless router to connect my desktop (via LAN CAT5) and laptop (via wirless G) using a dsl modem. The dsl uses dhcp. I had it working fine after I followed the portforward.com instructions to set up a static ip and forwarrd the ports (using BitTornado). Then I installed Azeureus bt client and everything got f'ed up. Now I've reset my router and my modem to factory default and I've tried to set up the static ip again, but I'm stuck. This sh!ts a bitch...I've wasted so much time on trying to set this up (~80 hrs). Ideally, I would like to have the network set up to use azereus and also to share a printer which is connected to the desktop.
Thanks for any advice!

"If your share ratio is less than 1.0, then please offer b&ps and/or freebies to give back to the TTD community" ~Chachi
Old 2005-09-17, 09:29 PM
152.29 GB/261.57 GB/1.72

*shrug* i have no experience with linksys.

if you had netgear, I'd have said "you're fucked"
Old 2005-09-17, 09:53 PM
thornhill
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

I use this same router. did installing azureus instantly disable bittornado from working as well?
Old 2005-09-17, 10:06 PM
I love them redheads!
70.51 GB/140.66 GB/1.99

Is azureus using the same ports as tornado? If not, you'll have to forward THOSE ports instead of the tornado ports...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpermaLopez
Sorry, I'm still a n00b.
Old 2005-09-17, 10:07 PM
db.etree.org/chachi420
TTD VIP
206.73 GB/1.15 TB/5.72

Quote:
Originally Posted by thornhill
I use this same router. did installing azureus instantly disable bittornado from working as well?
No. BitTornado was setup for ports 6881-6889 and those were forwarded on my modem and router and it worked perfectly after setting up a static ip to get the laptop and destop both working. Then I installed Azureus to try to set up a private torrent, but it was firewalled so I tried everything to fix it but couldn't. The problem occured when I tried to set up azureus to run as a private tracker and playing aroung with settings. By following some online turorial from portforward.com (for the WRT54G and Azureus) and other online info to set up the private tracker then I was firewalled. Now things got so messed up with settings I just reset the dsl modem and router back to default and I'm bypassing the router since I can't get it to work. Hopefully, I can get it to work soon... Thanks for your help!!

Old 2005-09-17, 10:07 PM
I love them redheads!
70.51 GB/140.66 GB/1.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskg
I think it's because your sig is so long...
That too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpermaLopez
Sorry, I'm still a n00b.
Old 2005-09-18, 06:39 PM
db.etree.org/chachi420
TTD VIP
206.73 GB/1.15 TB/5.72

well I've given up...I'm calling in the big guns...I've mailed out screen captures to portforward.com, hopefully they can help

Old 2005-09-20, 09:55 AM
Shareblue Platinum Member
471.23 GB/591.81 GB/1.26

i know this is gonna sound goofy...... sometimes you have to redo the firewall settings. (delete and start over). I think tornado and azureues use the same default port range or port in the case of azureus 6881.... so you probably didn't need to setup again. However, I would delete the old port range, close program, and reenter... It's worked for me before.

Is is possible you changed the port when you setup azureus and that corresponding port is no longer forwarded? that would be my guess.

also I think your router gives static Ips (there's no reason for it not to). but if it gives dynamic ips have you assigned a static... and is this the ip that you forwarded too...

FYI some ISP block 6881-6889 or throttle it back... I would use something outside of that range like 10069 anyway. try using a different port forwarded.
Old 2005-09-20, 01:44 PM
db.etree.org/chachi420
TTD VIP
206.73 GB/1.15 TB/5.72

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltman
i know this is gonna sound goofy...... sometimes you have to redo the firewall settings. (delete and start over). I think tornado and azureues use the same default port range or port in the case of azureus 6881.... so you probably didn't need to setup again. However, I would delete the old port range, close program, and reenter... It's worked for me before.

Is is possible you changed the port when you setup azureus and that corresponding port is no longer forwarded? that would be my guess.

also I think your router gives static Ips (there's no reason for it not to). but if it gives dynamic ips have you assigned a static... and is this the ip that you forwarded too...

FYI some ISP block 6881-6889 or throttle it back... I would use something outside of that range like 10069 anyway. try using a different port forwarded.
thanks for all of the advice, though I've already set up the static ip...already deleted port forward settings and readded them several times...tried going back to BitTornado...tried uninstalling things. A kind person knowledgeable with networking from TTD has offered to help me. I feel optimistic! Let's all cross our fingers so I can start uploading again! (I'm sure it's some simple setting that is wrong)

Old 2005-09-20, 11:10 PM
db.etree.org/chachi420
TTD VIP
206.73 GB/1.15 TB/5.72

Update: with azureus, the NAT/Firewall test shows OK for my laptop, but the smiley is YELLOW
For the desktop, the NAT/Firewall test shows a NAT ERROR

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble