The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-10-07, 04:10 PM
Heavy Airship
30.51 GB/88.22 GB/2.89

Smashing my head against the keyboard here! (uploaded torrent)

Just tried to upload a torrent to TTD with Azureus (found here: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=46601)

TTD said I had to download the torrent before I could seed it (YOUR SHOW WAS SUCCESSFULLY UPLOADED
This tracker is in members only mode. You must download your personalized torrent before you may begin seeding. Click HERE to get your personalized torrent
), so I hit the button and now I'm permanently at 99.7% and the torrent appears in the 'downloading' part of Azureus, not the seeding. All the files are showing as 100%, except for three - Dazed and Confused, Whole Lotta Love, and Immigrant Song, which are at 99.6%, 99.6% and 97.4% respectively.

A little help?

Last edited by SilverVishnu; 2007-10-07 at 04:16 PM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-10-07, 04:38 PM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

Re: Smashing my head against the keyboard here! (uploaded torrent)

This usually happens when something gets changed (and I mean ANYTHING at all) after the torrent is hashed by your torrent maker.

This could include the name of the file(s), changing the flac tag, fixing an SBE, etc. And also remember that torrents come in pieces, not files - meaning one PIECE could cause three files to be incomplete if data from those three files was in that one piece.

I'd suggest you try re-hashing the .torrent again, and re-upload and see if the problem goes away. If you'd like one of us to delete the post for you to start over, just hit the "report post" icon at the top-right of the post and someone will be along shortly.

Good luck!
Old 2007-10-07, 04:44 PM
Trader since 1980
2.00 TB/1.46 TB/0.73

Just to check; and don't be offended if this is an obvious question, but you definitely didn't make any changes to the files after you created the torrent file with Azureus, did you? If you did, then abandon the thread that's there, and use Azureus to create a new torrent file with with the new data files, and upload it again, creating a new thread in the process. Then save the personalised torrent from this thread to your HDD, open it with Azureus and seeding should start.

If you didn't make any changes to the files, you could try a right-click on the torrent which is currently in the downloading window of Azureus; select 'remove' from the menu, and it should disappear. Go to the torrent thread, and click on the torrent file in your first post, to (again) download your personalised torrent to your HDD (replacing the one that's there already). Open this torrent file with Azureus, and see if you get the same problem.

I hit a phase where I had to open torrent files twice with Azureus to get them to seed, but it seemed to cure itself....

Let us know what happens.

Regards, Graham
Old 2007-10-07, 04:44 PM
Heavy Airship
30.51 GB/88.22 GB/2.89

Wow, seems I did this a bit unprepared! These files were downloaded from either here, Dime, or TapeCity, and the tracks have since been renamed and moved about directories a bit. I didn't know uploading would be this complex.

When I attempt to re-upload, should I just remove the torrent from Azureus and hit that button again? Will it go straight to the seeding window?

Many thanks, but unfortunately if the re-upload doesn't go to plan I can't do anything else tonight... really need to sleep.

Edit: Graham - Thanks for the help. I'll try your suggestions now (I swear I didn't change anything to the files but who knows? I'm pretty tired! :P)
Old 2007-10-07, 04:55 PM
Heavy Airship
30.51 GB/88.22 GB/2.89

ARGH!

Graham, followed your advice to the letter. Left the files completely alone from when I created the torrent file. Didn't open my newly created torrent in Azureus, instead I uploaded it here. I saved the personalised torrent to my HDD then opened it with Azureus, and now it's just stuck at 0% and not connecting to anything.

Help! :P
Old 2007-10-07, 04:59 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

SilverVishnu, do this.....

- Stop the torrent (red square)
- Remove it from Azureus (red X)
- Go to Options > Files and uncheck the box that says Automatically download to default directory
- Now start the torrent downloaded from the thread
- Azureus should now ask you where to save the files
- Point it to the folder you pointed to when you made the torrent.

Old 2007-10-07, 05:04 PM
Heavy Airship
30.51 GB/88.22 GB/2.89

U2Lynne, thank you so much! So thick of me! Everything appears to be working. I'll keep the lappy on overnight and see how things are in the morning.

Thanks very much to everyone for the help.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble