The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2006-12-14, 11:47 PM
36.33 GB/67.50 GB/1.86

Time to change the Audio BitTorrent Seeding Policy?

The rules as outlined on http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...item#faq_rules are no longer being followed/enforced, so maybe it's time to change them?

No lineage information at all:
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=31149

Ripped with Audiograbber:
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=31120

CDR rip of silver bootleg release. The seeder also got the bootleg title wrong:
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=30995
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-12-15, 12:36 AM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

Re: Time to change the Audio BitTorrent Seeding Policy?

The no lineage thread is obviously an old rip (its in SHN) and no one has yet asked if lineage was received with the files. I have just posted there asking if the files came with any lineage, originally. That's a start.

Direwolf ripped his big set with Audiograbber. Busted. no way around that, but he's a really stand-up trader here and probably just doesn't know it isn't allowed (I've never used it, but I suspect it isn't allowed because it doesn't allow offset correction. if it does, maybe it should be added to the list?) Try asking Direwolf if he knew about the rule.

Lastly, Mamba did ask about the Silver -> CDR issue on the #3 link. An answer was given within a few posts, but it didn't seem to be a very good answer. I believe the guy is saying that isn't actually from a silver disc, but it's hard to tell for sure.
Old 2006-12-15, 01:35 AM
36.33 GB/67.50 GB/1.86

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskg
The no lineage thread is obviously an old rip (its in SHN) and no one has yet asked if lineage was received with the files. I have just posted there asking if the files came with any lineage, originally. That's a start.
It didn't come with lineage; I've had the same fileset since September 2003, and there is no lineage in the text file.

Quote:
Direwolf ripped his big set with Audiograbber. Busted. no way around that, but he's a really stand-up trader here and probably just doesn't know it isn't allowed (I've never used it, but I suspect it isn't allowed because it doesn't allow offset correction. if it does, maybe it should be added to the list?) Try asking Direwolf if he knew about the rule.
Direwolf didn't rip that set, he downloaded it from Direct Connect. I've had the same fileset since May 2002.

Quote:
Lastly, Mamba did ask about the Silver -> CDR issue on the #3 link. An answer was given within a few posts, but it didn't seem to be a very good answer. I believe the guy is saying that isn't actually from a silver disc, but it's hard to tell for sure.
The lineage plainly states "CDR". No answer to Mamba's question was given by the seeder. This is the same flac fileset (same ffp) posted on DIME in July of this year:
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d....php?id=105765

This is not even the Smile bootleg. Track 1 on the Smile boot is complete, but the version in this torrent cuts in and is only 1:56. See kingmike's comments in both threads.

http://geetarz.org/reviews/clapton/smile.htm
This appears to be the same set as "Unsurpassed Eric Clapton Vol 2." noted in the Bootography , but on this release "Smile" [track 1] is complete.

The files on DIME and here are almost certainly from the Unsurpassed Eric Clapton Vol 2 bootleg. They definitely are not from the Smile boot.

I'd prefer torrents such as these three examples be allowed here, but this site has very specific rules about what is and what isn't an acceptable torrent. It makes no sense to have rules if they are not going to be enforced.
Old 2006-12-15, 01:57 AM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

you make a good point
Old 2006-12-15, 06:22 AM
I love them redheads!
70.51 GB/140.66 GB/1.99

I've either posted or PM'd the seeder on all of the shows you linked to, so they've been on my radar. Ooops, I messed up on the A Walk With The Velvet Underground seed and started downloading before I asked. Probably had too many windows opened at the time. James asked and now I've asked for lineage and hopefully we'll get something.

I'd rather give the "benefit of the doubt" and ask questions first before pulling out right. Hell, we've had discussions about most of these seeds in the staff area too.

craig62, just keep reporting them like you have been. It's a great help to us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpermaLopez
Sorry, I'm still a n00b.
Old 2006-12-16, 01:41 AM
189.30 GB/594.78 GB/3.14

^what he said

we got the last of the info we were waiting on for these shows, and ended up pulling all of them. thanks for helping us spot stuff like this.

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Old 2007-01-15, 09:25 PM
267.31 GB/2.55 TB/9.76

Good work, staff!
Old 2007-01-20, 07:14 PM
On the Beach
666.18 GB/1.29 TB/1.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig62
The rules as outlined on http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...item#faq_rules are no longer being followed/enforced, so maybe it's time to change them?

No lineage information at all:
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=31149

Ripped with Audiograbber:
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=31120

CDR rip of silver bootleg release. The seeder also got the bootleg title wrong:
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=30995
hi craig62 - this might crack you up - but that audiograbber rip was originally downloaded from your site... www.bootlegarchive.com - hard to police everything all the time - Im glad I grabbed the copy... and I enjoy your site as well...have been for years now
most of my seeds come from your site / DC++ or stuff I buy on ebay and liberate ... i will continue to seed and should get smarter with time - but if you see me screw up..just PM me

Last edited by direwolf-pgh; 2007-01-20 at 07:22 PM.
Old 2007-01-20, 08:29 PM
36.33 GB/67.50 GB/1.86

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf-pgh
hi craig62 - this might crack you up - but that audiograbber rip was originally downloaded from your site... www.bootlegarchive.com - hard to police everything all the time - Im glad I grabbed the copy... and I enjoy your site as well...have been for years now
most of my seeds come from your site / DC++ or stuff I buy on ebay and liberate ... i will continue to seed and should get smarter with time - but if you see me screw up..just PM me
Yes, I knew (or at least I was reasonably sure) that you downloaded that boot in the Direct Connect hubs; it has circulated there for several years and I remember you used to be a regular in the hubs. As I said in this thread, I've had that fileset for quite awhile. I created the BA database entry for it nearly four years ago:

http://www.bootlegarchive.com/media_...?MediaID=18788

There is no rule against using Audiograbber (or any extraction software, for that matter) in the hubs, but there is on TTD. The point of my post was that the stringent rules for seeding on TTD were not being enforced, and that perhaps they should be changed. I'd prefer that that VU boot be allowed here, but I understand and respect this site's desire for having only the highest quality seeds. I'd like to see the rules relaxed a bit, but I think no matter what the rules are, they need to be enforced or it's pointless to have them.
Old 2007-02-03, 10:41 PM
152.29 GB/261.57 GB/1.72

speaking of which, you guys might want to check out the recent uploads...it appears the no-lineage dime crowd has moved over here
Old 2007-02-04, 02:45 AM
189.30 GB/594.78 GB/3.14

I'm looking around as fast as I can... please hit the "" to let us know where they are when you see them to help us out.

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Old 2007-02-04, 07:57 AM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five
I'm looking around as fast as I can... please hit the "" to let us know where they are when you see them to help us out.
i'll second that...we can't keep up with everything here, it's impossible...and the only way for us to know when there's a problem is if a member hits that little red&white triangle

but for some reason, no matter how many times you say it, only a few will actually report a post
Old 2007-02-04, 08:15 AM
800.33 GB/681.77 GB/0.85

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinowing
speaking of which, you guys might want to check out the recent uploads...it appears the no-lineage dime crowd has moved over here
YEP and it seems that when you ask about lineage the poster gets a little attitude....
Old 2007-02-04, 09:44 AM
Fact
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Then you get idiotic creations like this http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=33666

Cool, I can start making my own boots? Then he doesn't answer the lineage question from Five and I've seen him in that thread several times since the question was asked.

Yes, the Dime mentality has slowly made its way here, slow enough you didn't see it happening.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions