The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2005-07-02, 12:01 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

New Tracker now Online

I just switched trackers for the site. This tracker will allow us to keep track of userstats. It's not a perfect system, but it will get us up and going for now until I can get a passkey type system worked out. For now, here's a FAQ about the new tracker:

I've been uploading/downloading for a while now and my stats aren't changing.
In order for the stats to update, you need to hit the Stop button on your client. Closing the bittorrent client without stopping the torrent first may cause the stats to not update, so please hit the Stop button before closing your bittorrent client.

Note: For BitTornado users, you must hit Cancel, not Pause, in order for the stats to update.

I don't see my name on the list of seeders/leechers.
If you aren't logged in, then only your IP address will be shown.

I see myself twice on the list of seeders/leechers.
Don't worry about this, it should go away within 30 minutes when the tracker updates itself.

My computer crashed and so my stats didn't update. What can I do about this?
Please send a PM to U2Lynne about this and she can update your stats.

What is a share ratio and where can I see mine?
A share ratio is the amount of data you've uploaded divided by the amount of data you've downloaded. Having a share ratio over 1.0 is a good thing since it means you've shared as much as you've downloaded.

Your share ratio is listed in three different places. It's in the upper right corner underneath your name. It's in your profile page. And, when you post, it shows up underneath your username.

Last edited by outpostnorth; 2005-07-02 at 01:14 PM. Reason: deleting some misc. characters
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-07-02, 01:36 PM
Happy little trees
TTD VIP
659.93 GB/7.41 TB/11.50

Re: New Tracker now Online

Do we need to redownload torent files and restart them?
Old 2005-07-02, 01:55 PM
1.13 TB/1.70 TB/1.51

Can you make it optional to see them? Just like post counts they mean nothing to me and I'd prefer not to see them if possible. You are making me sorry that I made another generous donation recently.

Quote:
Originally posted by frankenberry
anybody else who decides to call me a fuckhead troll newbie (you know who you are) should be made to listen to phish bootleg taped by a '73 led zeppelin taper
Old 2005-07-02, 02:00 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Yeah, I'll work on making it optional next. Right now, I've got a couple problems with it.

You don't need to redownload torrents. The old tracker is still up and running.

Old 2005-07-02, 02:33 PM
Wooooooooooot!
42.95 GB/73.16 GB/1.70

Looking like a million bucks!
Old 2005-07-02, 03:22 PM
You are TOO
2.08 GB/7.38 GB/3.55

Looks great. Good job on it so far.
Old 2005-07-02, 05:56 PM
willard
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne

I don't see my name on the list of seeders/leechers.
If you aren't logged in, then only your IP address will be shown.
Even if I'm logged in, my name doesn't show (which is okay by me ). But in case the same thing happens to someone else who does want their name shown, it might be because you're behind a proxy/anonymizer for http.
I guess you have to be logged in with the same address as the bittorrent client.

Why the extra stats? I guess honor amongst thieves doesn't really work, eh
I'll bet shame and scorn doesn't either.
Old 2005-07-02, 06:37 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

We have the extra stats kinda as a side benifit to moving to the new tracker. I needed a tracker that used the mysql database. The first one doesn't, and as a result, I need to keep the attachments in the database intead of in the filesystem. Once we get all the torrents off the old tracker, I can move the attachments to the filesystem and then the site should run much smoother. Our database is 500MB and over 300MB of it are attachments.

Old 2005-07-02, 07:17 PM
the USA pyro
70.48 GB/56.66 GB/0.80

is this the same tracker as over on digitalpanic?
Comments were originally designed as a place to have an open discussion about a torrent, in an easily accessible location, hence on the torrent page. *It was never intended to be a place to show 'gratitude'. *Its purpose was to discuss any issues that might arise from the torrent, give informed opinions about the torrent, notification of any problems with said torrent, ask for different formats, etc.

Then it devolved into this thankfest thing that, while stroking the uploader's ego, is absolutely useless for any real purpose.

This whole 'thanks whoring' thing is a fairly recent phenomenon, and is in fact a bastardization of what the feature was intended for.

Personally, the # of people who download one of my uploads tells me far more about whether or not I did good than any number of 'Thank You!s' ever will.
Old 2005-07-02, 07:31 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

It's the same tracker that is over on bootcity.org . Hal, one of the Admins over there, has been helping me to integrate it here. He's been a big help today when I've seen a few problems.

Old 2005-07-02, 10:22 PM
Thanks Reggie
458.63 GB/415.10 GB/0.91

Howdie.......just wanted to say this new tracker thing is a grate idea. Its gonna make this site better than it already is. One thing though is my stats havent started updating and Ive restarted everything a few times and still nothing. Just wondered what I might be able to do on my end to get it working.

Doug
Old 2005-07-02, 10:33 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Doug, what BT client are you using?

Old 2005-07-02, 10:35 PM
594.09 GB/1.15 TB/1.98

Great to see a tracker, I'm guessing people will stay onto torrents longer now which is a very good thing.

but, this seems like deja vu to everydayjones, that tracker sucked and had tons of bitching because of it, nobody ever got that you had to exit the torrent to get your stats updated. I hope this is better
Old 2005-07-02, 10:37 PM
Thanks Reggie
458.63 GB/415.10 GB/0.91

oops..........bit tornado
sorry
Old 2005-07-02, 10:43 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

With Bit Tornado, you need to hit Cancel, not Pause to get the stats to update. That is according to one of my Mods. The other said that didn't work for him. So, I need to get version numbers from them to figure this out.

Yes, this is like EDJ because it is a similar code. However, I've got someone who has been running this code successfully for several months helping out - Hal at bootcity.org. We are both commited to getting this code to work and have successful bt sites.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions