The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2005-07-09, 03:24 PM
pwwright74
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Smile converting dts cds to regular audio cds??

Hello guys,

First of all, this is a very nice site. Great downloads! I'm fairly new here, and this is my first posting.

I recently got a hold of a DTS encoded CD, but I have no way of playing DTS. Is there a way of converting DTS to a regular audio CD format? Is there a codec or plugin available? I have Nero, but it wouldn't recognize the image file (of the DTS CD when I attempted to convert via Nero) or the individual CDA files in the image. If you have any advice I would certainly appreciate it. Thanks.

Paul
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-07-09, 04:44 PM
82.89 GB/68.70 GB/0.83

Re: converting dts cds to regular audio cds??

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwwright74
Hello guys,

First of all, this is a very nice site. Great downloads! I'm fairly new here, and this is my first posting.

I recently got a hold of a DTS encoded CD, but I have no way of playing DTS. Is there a way of converting DTS to a regular audio CD format? Is there a codec or plugin available? I have Nero, but it wouldn't recognize the image file (of the DTS CD when I attempted to convert via Nero) or the individual CDA files in the image. If you have any advice I would certainly appreciate it. Thanks.

Paul
www.dtsac3.com and go to there forums there.
Here is a post from their forums
http://www.dtsac3.com/cgi-bin/yabb/Y...num=1110553423
(Oops, I seen afterwards Kempfand's reply to the same answer, d**n and it took me awhile to figure out, oh well here is another place you can find it Grin )

Here is a really easy (console) method of converting .dts and DTSwav to stereo, or decode them to a 5.1wav which you can open with Adobe Audition and then save to separate mono wavs

But NOTE: IT (dtsdec) DOES NOT DECODE LFE PROPERLY.

Another note: When converting/transcoding from either .dts or DTSwav you must realize that there is some loss in quality due to DTS endoding (compression).

Download dtsdec.exe here -->

http://www.rarewares.org/files/others/dtsdec.zip

Or go to the main page, and download and compile from the source code available here -->

http://www.videolan.org/dtsdec.html

I'm not sure now (since I had VLC previously install), but if it doesn't work you will probably need to install VLC media player (videolan.org) which will install the support libraries necessary for it to work.

For decoding of .dts or DTSWav to stereo (wav) use the following cmdline:

dtsdec -o wav > destinantion.wav DTSsource.wav

(or)

dtsdec -o wav > destinantion.wav source.dts

Check the stereo wav's samplerate afterwards, a .dts source will likely give you a 48KHz stereo wav which you'll need to resample to 44.1KHz (Any good audio editor should do this) I tested it and found that it outputs a 16 bit stereo wav.

For decoding of .dts or DTSWav to 5.1wav (to get 6 mono wavs) use the following cmdline (note: the LFE channel will not be decoded correctly):

dtsdec -o wavall > destinantion.wav DTSsource.wav

or

dtsdec -o wavall > destinantion.wav source.dts

(or)

dtsdec -o wav6 > destinantion.wav DTSsource.wav

or

dtsdec -o wav6 > destinantion.wav source.dts

Open the 5.1wav with Adobe Audition and save each individual mono wav separately. I tested this, and found that it outputs a 32 bit wav.

Again, converting from a .dts source will produce 48KHz output wav(s) which need to be resampled to 44.1KHz.

Use this excellent (free) wav sample converter (R8Brain) to convert 16/32 bit wavs

http://www.voxengo.com/files/r8brain_17_setup.exe

BTW while you are using dtsdec, you can easily play a .dts or DTSwav simply by entering:

dtsdec DTSsource.wav

or

dtsdec source.dts

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

There is another method converting/transcoding .dts files into 6 mono wav files which does not use dtsdec (the old way), and will decode the LFE properly, as per EoH's guide:

"Rip and re-use DTS streams from DVD or DTS-cd’s (see METHOD 2)"

http://www.app.demon.nl/DTSguide.htm

So here is what tools you need:

azidts.exe
BeSweet.dll
shibatch.dll
BeSweet.dll v1.5b17 (or higher)
DTSSource.ax
InterVideo WinDVD v4.0 installed
SurCode DTS CDPro v1.9.0 installed (almost forgot about this Grin)

I'm not sure having the specific ver of WinDVD v4.0 for this process, but I know its the only ver which works for me with GraphEdit so that's why I say v4.0 specifically.

You can download most these files here:

http://kehuelga.org/video/dvd/app/azidts.zip

Found a link for dtssource.ax filter -->

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/alain.mainar...s/dtssource.ax

Install these in a directory your .dts file(s) you want to transcode to mono wavs

I have 'dtssource.ax' sitting in my Windows\system 32\ directory

If you don't have 'dtssource.ax' registered on your system, you need to either drop it onto Regdrop, or use the cmdline method:

regsvr32 dtssource.ax

Ok once that is all out of the way just use the following cmd (or make a batch file, and rename all your dts source files to that used by the batch file when you run it)

azidts -autoch -core( -input Source.dts -6ch -output "temp-" ) -ota( -fs 48000 ) -ssrc( --rate 44100 )

This will create 6 mono wavs with the 'temp-' prefix, and also down sample from 48000 Hz to 41000 Hz from a .dts file called 'Source.dts'

There are other variation of to this cmd line (i.e. gain etc.) if you want to try them tailored to your needs.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-07-09, 05:09 PM
82.89 GB/68.70 GB/0.83

Also try an easier method
http://hypercubemx.free.fr/html/down...?download_id=2
DTS2WAV
http://download62680:926c109f81c0ca0...ta/dts2wav.exe

or you can transcode .dts files in foobar player
Like I said, here are some examples for transcoding dts files with foobar2000. First, grab the latest fb2k release here. Just one note before to begin : don't forget to check Optional Components during installation otherwhise you can't make these steps correctly.
Example of conversion (Just select wav instead of AAC)
* DTS to AAC :

For information, fb2k_special version provides natively the FAAC support.
1. Load the player and add your dts file with Playlist --> Add file Menu (or drag it & drop it directly into the playlist).
2. Then go to Foobar2000 --> Preferences --> DiskWriter.
3. In the Output Directory, check "Same as source file directory".
4. In the Output Presets, search FAAC : MP4(LC),quality 100...from the list and click on "Edit" button to modify or change the preset. There you can choose quality/bitrate Mode...

5. Then if you want to keep the 6_channels for the output file, go directly to number 8. ...else if you want to downmix (i.e 6 channels to 2 channels) then read the next items.
6. In the Processing part, check "Use DSP" and click on "go to DSP Settings" button.
7. There, you can choose one or more DSP. By example to make a downmix, you must put the "Convert 5.1 to Stereo" on the left.
8. If all it's ok, then ckick on "Save all" and "Close". To launch the process : a right click on the file following by Convert --> Run Conversion. The select file writer appears. So, click on OK and wait.
Old 2005-07-10, 12:12 PM
pwwright74
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Many thanks for your advice. I'll give that a try.
Old 2005-07-10, 01:09 PM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

go the foobar2000 route
Old 2013-07-30, 03:03 AM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Maybe you also can convert dts 2 wav. i recommend you a useful tool Audio Converter

hope its useful
Old 2014-05-14, 09:33 AM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Do you mean you want to convert DTS to MP3, WAV, AAC, or other audio formats?

I know a detailed guide about how to convert DTS. Maybe it can help you.
Old 2014-07-25, 01:04 AM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

I just find a step by step guide on how to convert MKV DTS to MKV AC3.

This guide applies to:
Convert DTS audio to other audio formats like converting DTS to AC3, WAV, AAC, MP3, MP2, FLAC, AIFF, WMA, OGG, APE, M4A, AU and etc.
Convert video with DTS audio to video with AC3, AAC, MP2, PCM, or WMA audio like convert MKV DTS to MKV AC3/MP3/MP2/PCM, convert AVI DTS to AVI MP3, and etc.
Convert to DTS digital surround audio from WAV, AC3, FLAC, APE, PCM, AIFF, OGG, WMA, M4A, and Apple Lossless.
Convert video with non DTS audio codec to video with DTS codec files.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble