The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2005-10-01, 06:10 PM
green and submarine
72.53 GB/89.11 GB/1.23

How would you EQ this?

I recorded a band a little over a week ago and hope to give them a copy of the show soon. However, I'd like to clean it up a little bit in Cool Edit Pro 2.0. I certainly don't have the ear that others do for bringing out the best sound in a recording. Below is a link to a song from the show in flac format, ~20 megs. Please only download it if you think you'll be able to give me some specifications on EQ (and compression, if need be). It's on yousendit, so it probably won't last too long.

*Linky*

The lineage goes a little something like this:
Source: SP-CMC-2 > SP-SPSB-1 (Bass Roll Off @ 95Hz) > Sharp MD-MT180 (line in, SP Stereo)
Transfer: Sharp MD-MT180 (phones) > Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum (line in) > CD Wave 1.94.4 beta > WAV [24/48] > Cool Edit Pro 2.0 (dithering to 16 bit, 48Khz > 44.1Khz High Quality Pre/Post filter 999) > WAV [16/44.1] > FLAC frontend 1.7.1 (flac 1.1.2)(Verify) > FLAC (lvl 6)

Yeah, don't ask why I recorded that as 24/48 from a minidisc. I was curious. I've tried consulting the Basics of EQ thread (and I'm not sure why it hasn't been stickied), but as I said, I don't have a good enough ear.
Old 2005-10-03, 03:07 AM
We all walk the Long Road....
75.63 GB/483.42 GB/6.39

Re: How would you EQ this?

initial impression is that this doesnt sound all that bad at all, especially considering the mics and recorder, i'll play with this a bit but you did a pretty nice job......

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble