The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2006-06-25, 05:25 PM
darby450
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Question Problems with getting 1:1 Share ratio

I am new to this site, & have only DL 2 shows within the past 2 weeks, & in both cases I have not been able to get a 1:1 share ratio on these 2 shows. The first show I DL 777.42MB, & so far I have only been able to return about 500MB during the Seeding/UPL process. The 2nd show I DL was 1.11GB, & I have only been able to return about 547MB. In both cases, after a few hours I have found myself no longer connected to any peers, & the Seeding/UPL process stopped. In both cases I tried to update the tracker, & was not able to do so because that option was not available to me.

Why is this happening, & I should I be concerned it? My bittorrent Client is Azureus version 2.4.0.2, & my operating system is Windows XP w/Service Pack 2.
Martha
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-06-25, 05:52 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Problems with getting 1:1 Share ratio

Do you have the rules set in Azureus to disconnect you at a certain point? Also, are you firewalled? If you are, then you can't connect to anyone else who is firewalled.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-06-25, 06:58 PM
darby450
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

<Do you have the rules set in Azureus to disconnect you at a certain point?>-No
<Also, are you firewalled?> - I have configured Azureus to accept connections from other Peers, even though I have a Firewall. If you are, then you can't connect to anyone else who is firewalled.>

At present my Torrent is in the Seeding status, in a 1st priority position, & the Tracker dot is blue. Earlier this morning when the UPL process was stopped, under status it said- "queed" instead of seeding, & the Tracker dot was black.
Martha
Old 2006-06-25, 07:25 PM
Take it easy, Capn'...
6.32 GB/11.16 GB/1.76

It's the thought that counts!
powderfinger you brainless, gutless, waste of carbon - nice of you to take a break from having sex with your mother to post here - when you are done sucking your dads dick, pick the scabs of your moms pussy and have a go at her again. I see by your avatar you like big black dick in your ass, do you choke down the sperm after they leave it in your ass for nurishment??
Old 2006-06-25, 07:48 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

I just looked up the torrent you are seeding and there are no leechers on the torrent so it's just impossible to upload at the moment.

And, you aren't firewalled, so that is fine.

Old 2006-06-26, 04:01 PM
Columbia, SC
108.77 GB/109.04 GB/1.00

If you come to a show late, and few if any people start downloading after you, you won’t get that 1 to 1 ratio. But don’t worry, eventually you’ll DL some show and 75 people will start well after you and you can get the ratio where you want it.

Rob

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble