The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2006-10-23, 07:30 PM
33.43 GB/25.59 GB/0.77

Firewall question

Hey,

I know this is probably a stupid question but I figured Id rather ask than screw something up. I am using utorrent and have changed my firewall to allow utorrent to work. It still shows up here on the site that I am firewalled. Is there anything else that I can or should do to get myself out from being firewalled? I have used this site a few times and have left my torrents open but ran into a ton of computer problems that left me without a computer for a while. I am looking to download the Big Cypress DVD and I plan on leaving it open to seed for a few weeks in order to get my ratio back up...thats why Im worried about the firewall. Hopefully that made sense...sorry if its a redundant question or if its answered in a FAQ. Thanks in advance for the help.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-10-23, 08:37 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Firewall question

Do you have a router or modem? If so, they you need to forward your ports (the same ones you use for utorrent) through the router/modem. If you go to portforward.com , Hit Port Forwarding, then select your router, then utorrent, and then it will tell you how to forward your ports.

Old 2006-10-23, 11:38 PM
33.43 GB/25.59 GB/0.77

Re: Firewall question

Thanks for the help. We do have a router in the house so Ill check out your suggestion right away and hopefully that gets the job done. Thanks again.

Eric

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble