The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2006-04-04, 12:22 AM
978.19 GB/866.57 GB/0.89

how about a list list? some sort of database?

we all know at etree if you're looking for a paticular (sp?) show you can look it up by band, then see who has it and write them to see if they want to trade it... well, how about a forum here where people can list their dvd trading list addresses so if you're looking for a certain something you have somewhere to start. i was also thinking of a database just listing what shows circulate from different bands on dvd. it doesn't have to go into great detail, just bands & dates. these are just ideas, and i might be missing something. what does everyone else think?
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-04-04, 10:13 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: how about a list list? some sort of database?

Well, if people are interested in trading, then they usually post a link to their list or post their actual list in a thread in the Snail Mail Trading forum.

As for the database of shows circulating for each band... wow. There could be a whole site dedicated to something like that. It would be a huge database that could need constant updates to keep it current. I know that I have seen some sites like that which are band specific. You are right in that they are a great reference, but I don't see anyone from this site really having the time to want to take that task on.

Old 2006-04-04, 02:53 PM
189.30 GB/594.78 GB/3.14

the best way is if the ppl who are completely obsessed start wesites like livenirvana.com or forgottenyesterdays.com

if its done any other way it would be half-assed and pointless

on the bright side the advanced search function and date formatting at TTD (YYYY-MM-DD) allows people to quickly research what has been circulated (at least here, anyways).
Old 2006-07-01, 03:47 AM
24.97 GB/258.75 GB/10.36

What I'm missing (perhaps I haven't found it), is some way to check if a show that you want to seed has been seeded in the last few months by someone else. I'm essentialy seeding shows I got from Share The Groove 2-3 years ago. There are a lot of copies of these shows out there and I only came to the Den a few weeks ago. I don't want to waste my ( and everyone else's) time and bandwidth by seeding shows that were shared a few months ago. I do a search on the active torrents, but that's all I can do as far as I can see. A list by band of seeded shows, would be great and would that really be so difficult to create, given the need to supply this data at the moment a show is uploaded.

If there is a simple way to check I'm not seeding recently seeded stuff, please let me know.
P.
Old 2006-07-01, 10:25 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

The threads for all the shows that have been seeded on this site are still around. When the torrent dies, we move the thread to the Inactive Audio/Video Bit Torrent forum. So, you could go to Advanced Search and change it to search by Thread Title and search the Music Downloads forums (or even just the Inactive ones) and see what shows up there. If it's in the Inactive forums, then you'll see the date it was seeded and the last date anyone posted in the thread. That should give you a good indication of when the show was active here.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions