The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2005-08-08, 01:52 AM
dare to discover
63.44 GB/133.91 GB/2.11

Re: Report all ratio issues here

I'm down over 2gb of uploading I think. I just grabbed 2 Doors shows and it kept updating my stats as I was downloading for the download part of it but never updated the upload, or maybe it did only while downloading, I'm not sure. And earlier I noticed it didn't log almost 1.5gb of my DVD upload. I wasn't going to worry about it but since it's happened again on these 2 shows it seems to be a problem. Here's a pic of Azureus showing what I've uploaded and downloaded for every show except for a Police show that I grabbed. On that I had 599mb down and not sure what I upped but it was only around 300mb if that since there were plenty of seeds for it and I was seeding my DVD at the time.

First column after the show name is the size, next to last column is my share ratio and last column is my upload.
(I posted the Liz Phair DVD so I didn't download anything on that)

Azureus 2.3.0.4 on WinXP SP1

Thanks!

Last edited by feralicious; 2005-08-08 at 01:59 AM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-08-08, 07:43 AM
mordak
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
The important post is the first one

I'll update your stats for you.
Thanks very much. I'm on the new tracker now with a couple of other shows and all's well.
Old 2005-08-08, 08:03 AM
You are TOO
2.08 GB/7.38 GB/3.55

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizenGatsby
My ratio here says I've only uploaded 82.08MB, but I've actually uploaded 115MB+ (as of my typing this). I'm uploading around 35kB/s at the moment. I took a screenshot 10 minutes ago so you could see. I'm using BitComet v0.59 (Peer Exchange and DHT Tracker are off).

Your upload shows 613.96 MB as of this post. It appears to have corrected itself. Remember - you may have to stop and restart all torrents on our tracker in order for the tracker to pick up on the changes.
Old 2005-08-08, 08:16 AM
You are TOO
2.08 GB/7.38 GB/3.55

Quote:
Originally Posted by feralicious
I'm down over 2gb of uploading I think. I just grabbed 2 Doors shows and it kept updating my stats as I was downloading for the download part of it but never updated the upload, or maybe it did only while downloading, I'm not sure.If you're not sure, we have no way of knowing either. And earlier I noticed it didn't log almost 1.5gb of my DVD upload.I added 1.5GB to your upload I wasn't going to worry about it but since it's happened again on these 2 shows it seems to be a problem. Here's a pic of Azureus showing what I've uploaded and downloaded for every show except for a Police show that I grabbed. On that I had 599mb down and not sure what I upped but it was only around 300mb if that since there were plenty of seeds for it and I was seeding my DVD at the time.Added 599MB down/300MB up

First column after the show name is the size, next to last column is my share ratio and last column is my upload.
(I posted the Liz Phair DVD so I didn't download anything on that)

Azureus 2.3.0.4 on WinXP SP1

Thanks!
Oh, it's YOU again . I adjusted your stats for the ones you provided numbers for. Remember that stats do not mean anything to TTD. They are only for you to admire. If anyone says anything about your stats, let me know and I'll "adjust" theirs for them
Old 2005-08-08, 10:01 AM
dare to discover
63.44 GB/133.91 GB/2.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
Oh, it's YOU again . I adjusted your stats for the ones you provided numbers for. Remember that stats do not mean anything to TTD. They are only for you to admire. If anyone says anything about your stats, let me know and I'll "adjust" theirs for them
Hey Ted! Guess what? There's been another misunderstanding!

I didn't realize you guys were so damn trusting so I was just submitting all the evidence and thought you'd do the math. The Police show actually showed up before, I just gave the info so you would know what my overall totals should reflect. So I'll get off my ass and calculate it...

Total down: 1.71gb
Total up: 16.05gb

And yeah, I know the stats don't mean anything, but I'm planning on freeing up some HDD space if I could just concentrate on archiving instead of getting into arguments with site mods. So when I do I'm going to start downloading more and that 2gb uploaded will come in handy to keep me from looking like a leach.

More importantly though, I think it's odd that pretty much all the download gets counted, but so much of the upload doesn't. I'm wondering if it has something to do with it being only uploading without downloading. That seems to be the times when the stats didn't update. But in the beginning it was working fine, like when I was seeding the DVD it kept up with my activity.
Only one time it didn't but I thought it might have to do with me stopping the torrent when I wasn't logged onto the site.

Also, just out of curiosity, did you guys change the tracker so it constantly updates the stats rather than only when you stop the torrent? Because mine update as I go now without me closing the torrent.

And one last thing... why the f*ck is Jerry in the banner???

And I almost forgot... thanks!

Old 2005-08-08, 10:14 AM
180.08 GB/135.83 GB/0.75

My Ratio hasn't been updated in a little while. I uploaded 13gb on 1 torrent that was never registered. Already upp'ed 5 to another and still hasn't registered...
Old 2005-08-08, 10:25 AM
You are TOO
2.08 GB/7.38 GB/3.55

Quote:
Originally Posted by feralicious
Hey Ted! Guess what? There's been another misunderstanding!

I didn't realize you guys were so damn trusting we trust our members not to lie to us so I was just submitting all the evidence and thought you'd do the math. The Police show actually showed up before, I just gave the info so you would know what my overall totals should reflect. So I'll get off my ass and calculate it... Totals are misleading. I only added what you specifically stated because you also said that part of those shows did register with the tracker. I can't give you double credit now, can I? It wouldn't be fair

And yeah, I know the stats don't mean anything, but I'm planning on freeing up some HDD space if I could just concentrate on archiving instead of getting into arguments with site mods. So when I do I'm going to start downloading more and that 2gb uploaded will come in handy to keep me from looking like a leach.I understand, but don't take too much time out of your day worrying about it.

More importantly though, I think it's odd that pretty much all the download gets counted, but so much of the upload doesn't. I'm wondering if it has something to do with it being only uploading without downloading.You're being paranoid. No one's out to get your ratio. That seems to be the times when the stats didn't update. But in the beginning it was working fine, like when I was seeding the DVD it kept up with my activity.
Only one time it didn't but I thought it might have to do with me stopping the torrent when I wasn't logged onto the site.

Also, just out of curiosity, did you guys change the tracker so it constantly updates the stats rather than only when you stop the torrent?No Because mine update as I go now without me closing the torrent.That's the way it's supposed to be. The stopping/starting thing is only a "fix" or a way of whipping the tracker into submission, if you will. For some reason, I think you'll understand that one

And one last thing... why the f*ck is Jerry in the banner??? To piss you off.

And I almost forgot... thanks!
You're quite welcome. Please let us know if we can help you again.
Have a nice day
Old 2005-08-08, 10:27 AM
You are TOO
2.08 GB/7.38 GB/3.55

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude9478
My Ratio hasn't been updated in a little while. I uploaded 13gb on 1 torrent that was never registered. Already upp'ed 5 to another and still hasn't registered...
Did you stop and restart your torrents? If so, then please post links to the shows in question. If they are before July 2, 2005, they will not be reflected in your stats.
Old 2005-08-08, 11:06 AM
dare to discover
63.44 GB/133.91 GB/2.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
Totals are misleading. I only added what you specifically stated because you also said that part of those shows did register with the tracker. I can't give you double credit now, can I? It wouldn't be fair
Ted, Ted, Ted... okay, I really don't understand how you can misunderstand me so much. And I'm a bit insulted this time since you're implying that I'm asking for double credit. Come on.

The totals I gave you are what I've uploaded and downloaded. How is that misleading?

Again, my stats should reflect this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
You're being paranoid. No one's out to get your ratio.
wtf??? I'm reporting the problem and trying to give you information that might be helpful. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
That's the way it's supposed to be. The stopping/starting thing is only a "fix" or a way of whipping the tracker into submission, if you will. For some reason, I think you'll understand that one
I'm not stupid.

Maybe you should let another mod/admin deal with my issues. It seems that you're letting yesterday's exchange affect you a bit.

Last edited by feralicious; 2005-08-08 at 11:11 AM.
Old 2005-08-08, 11:26 AM
56.17 GB/79.00 GB/1.41

I've been seeding the Roky & The Explosives 1982 <http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6006&page=1&pp=15> since I posted it and I've uploaded 33.79 GB (ratio of 44.7) .I know that's on the old tracker but I think I've only downloaded one or two shows and one MPEG from TTD ever, all of which I've seeded to a ratio of at least 3 and I'd like better stats than 0/0 if at all possible. Cheers.

Black Keys - I Got Mine
Tintern Abbey - Vacuum Cleaner
Old 2005-08-08, 11:36 AM
180.08 GB/135.83 GB/0.75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
Did you stop and restart your torrents? If so, then please post links to the shows in question. If they are before July 2, 2005, they will not be reflected in your stats.
It was the grateful dead 12-31-87 dvd torrent set3...
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...t=10004&page=1
I didn't restart the torrent, is that what I need to do? i'll do that right now. Thanks for your help...
Old 2005-08-08, 11:52 AM
180.08 GB/135.83 GB/0.75

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude9478
It was the grateful dead 12-31-87 dvd torrent set3...
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...t=10004&page=1
I didn't restart the torrent, is that what I need to do? i'll do that right now. Thanks for your help...
Ohh well It's not letting me connect to the tracker for some reason. I'll try later.
Old 2005-08-08, 12:14 PM
180.08 GB/135.83 GB/0.75

Weird, I'm connected to the egypt grateful dead dvd torrent right now and under the list of leechers/seeders my IP is there, but the username is missing...Maybe this is the problem....I've upped 6.5 gigs on this one..

66.28.37.xxx(46328)

4:39

0.00 KB

0.00 KB

---

48.95%

0.00 KB/s

0.00 KB/s
Old 2005-08-08, 12:41 PM
180.08 GB/135.83 GB/0.75

Is there anyway you can add that IP to my username since it's not registering under my username? I'm at work on a oc-3, but it's behind a firewall a sidewinder firewall. Don't know if that helps...

Thanks!
Old 2005-08-08, 12:45 PM
You are TOO
2.08 GB/7.38 GB/3.55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffooky
I've been seeding the Roky & The Explosives 1982 <http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6006&page=1&pp=15> since I posted it and I've uploaded 33.79 GB (ratio of 44.7) .I know that's on the old tracker but I think I've only downloaded one or two shows and one MPEG from TTD ever, all of which I've seeded to a ratio of at least 3 and I'd like better stats than 0/0 if at all possible. Cheers.
If you could post the approximate amount of downloaded MB or GB, I'll be happy to adjust your stats for you.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble