The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2005-12-30, 11:38 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Report all ratio issues here

titeuf, I gave you credit for your upload. I'm not really sure why your stats aren't updating.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-12-30, 05:26 PM
28.85 GB/32.71 GB/1.13

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
titeuf, I gave you credit for your upload. I'm not really sure why your stats aren't updating.
cool, many thanks U2Lynne for your time and help.
Old 2006-01-01, 01:58 AM
phonsie
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Can I get my ratio updated please?

I've downloaded 1.64Gb and uploaded 2.12Gb

Cheers,

P.
Old 2006-01-04, 06:10 PM
750.56 GB/828.53 GB/1.10

Can I please have my ratios updated? I have completely downloaded Phish 4/4/98 Providence Island Tour show. I downloaded over two sessions, using Bit Tornado 3.7. I have Windows XP. First session I downloaded 6.591GB and uploaded 9.655GB for a share ratio of +1.465. My second session I downloaded 2.120GB and uploaded 3.837GB for a share ratio of +1.810. My total download was 8.711GB and my total upload was 13.492GB. Thanks.
Old 2006-01-04, 06:35 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

europhan, the reason why your stats didn't update is because that show is on the old tracker which won't update stats. I did manually update them for you, though.

Old 2006-01-05, 05:37 AM
shuggy
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Happy New Year U2Lynne. Now the bad news. My stats were zeroed out. My last visit before today was 8-14-05 (I've been doing other stuff and travelling). So I'm back in the game and fortunately I'm organized. I have all of my completed torrents in Azureus organized by site of origin. For TDEN I've got 19 completed torrents with all of essential stats: d/l, u/l, ratio, etc. I couldn't find any way in Azureus to copy nor export the details of these completed torrents. What's the best way for me to get the details of these 19 torrents to you? Or do you just need a total u/l and d/l amount? If you need the details, I could alt+printscreen a screen shot of Azureus with the details showing and email it to you. Just a thought. By the way you're the best. I'll never forget how you helped me get that placebo show after the torrent attach file dropped when the thread went inactive and you've bailed me out on a couple of choice u2 shows over the years. Heck I don't even know if you really are a woman. If you are, baby got back. Did you know I fell in love once with a user and their PJ Harvey avatar but it turned out to be a dude? I had dreamed many times about being on that bed in that hotel room....in that avatar....with PJ Harvey, not the dude. Well, lesson learned; chock that one up to experience, torrent-style. So I'm ramblin on here but cut me some slack, laugh it off and remember this: even though I didn't call as much as I should have.....you know that willie nelson tune.....humm aa few bars -- it will make you smile -- Keep it up; somebody out here still loves ya baby! By the way, when am I getting my STG t-shirt?
Old 2006-01-05, 10:11 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Hey Shuggy, are you sure you ever had stats? We didn't start keeping them until July and then it was only for the shows that were upped to the tracker after July. You can just send your total up/down to the Contact Us link below and we can manually change your stats for you.

As for the PJ Harvey avatar, are you thinking of feralicious? She is still around here and flashing that avatar everyonce in a while. And, I really am a female, however, that isn't really me in the avatar. As for that STG shirt, you'll get yours probably about the same time I get mine.

Happy New Year!

Old 2006-01-08, 06:12 AM
16.50 GB/15.49 GB/0.94

Hey, Ive recently changed computers, and therefore IP's (temporarily) and been doing some hard uploading, so I was wondering if my stats could be updated.

Ive done 712mb on 4-27-69filmorewest (557mb) and 1.43GB on Sgt Page(1.26GB)

What will happen when I change ip back??
Old 2006-01-08, 12:20 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

bvn, I updated your stats.

The way the tracker works is when you log onto the main site, it grabs your IP. Then every so often, your bittorrent client talks to the tracker and updates your stats. When you talk to the tracker, you are just an IP to it. So, the tracker goes and looks up your IP in the database. If you had just logged onto the site from the same IP you were torrenting from, then everything is fine and it updates your stats correctly. However, things get confusing if you are torrenting from home (IP#1) and then you go to work and login (IP#2) because now, when your torrent talks to the tracker, it goes looking for IP#1 and can't find it because you have just logged on using IP#2.

Long story short...... login to the site from where you are torrenting and things should be OK.

Old 2006-01-09, 02:11 AM
Sausage King of Chicago
37.74 GB/96.71 GB/2.56

I might as well ask for an update. It's the Hendrix show and I was just about to stop it for this session. I tried to stop, shut it down and restart, but no luck.

And nevermind that yeller light. It's a new thing for me with Azureus 2.3.0.6. I'm connectable everywhere I go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stats.jpg
( 45.7 KB, 25 views)

Old 2006-01-09, 10:51 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Gotcha, Colin!

Old 2006-01-10, 02:59 PM
ront50
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

First let me say great site and this is the first time I have been here! Having said that (and like other users) I do believe there is some pride in ensuring that your upload is good even if you dont enforce ratios.

Having said that.. I have downloaded my first torrent, and the 3.96 is dead on but so far I have uploaded 1.29 gb and only 897mb is reported. That is approx 15% out and will only get worse the more that is uploaded.

I am using G3 as a client and have no problems anywhere else. The stats are always dead on... because ratios do count.

Please dont misunderstand my post as complaining, rather just want things to be set right.

Thank you for any attention to this matter!

Cheers
Ront50
Old 2006-01-10, 03:32 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Hi Ront50, welcome to the site. I'm not sure when your stats got messed up, but we did have a hiccup this morning in the database, so perhaps your stats got messed up then. I did update them for you.

Old 2006-01-10, 03:55 PM
ront50
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Thank you.. I have started seeding again and will let you know how it works out!

Cheers

Ront50
Old 2006-01-10, 05:25 PM
shuggy
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

U2Lynne, you're right. I checked the dates for my tden torrents and all of them were pre-July 2005. My mistake; no action required. Will start anew.

YES! Feralicious is mighty delicious. Is Feralicious female? She helped me out on STG when my BTD (Bittorrent disorder) began. I remember begging for a seed on a PJ Harvey show way back when and Feralicious came to the rescue. I do occasionally daydream about 4 track demos and that bed in the motel room of her avatar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
Hey Shuggy, are you sure you ever had stats? We didn't start keeping them until July and then it was only for the shows that were upped to the tracker after July. You can just send your total up/down to the Contact Us link below and we can manually change your stats for you.

As for the PJ Harvey avatar, are you thinking of feralicious? She is still around here and flashing that avatar everyonce in a while. And, I really am a female, however, that isn't really me in the avatar. As for that STG shirt, you'll get yours probably about the same time I get mine.

Happy New Year!

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble