The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2009-03-16, 08:22 PM
making love, not war.
562.07 GB/439.90 GB/0.78

Question question about new seed

hi. this will be my first 'new' upload. I have looked around the site and can't seem to find the answers i need. If someone could kyndly point me the right direction, i'll happily be on my way. Thank You Kyndly.

~ can i use a set of files from another torrent site as long as it follows the guidelines here, and give credit to the original folks I downloaded it from? ... i guess i'm questioning the moral of using someone else's torrent files... I want to share- of course- but is it as simple as downloading from another site and simply changing the tracker to be able to upload here? am i crossing a line somehow? I've been trading for--ever, but i'm still a noob to the etiquette of .torrents, and i don't wish to step on toes. And would a lineage something like this ...small handheld recorder > ? > WAV > flac... be acceptable? (i'm guessing not.)

Thank you again for any and all help you may have. Namaste.
We’re all connected; to each other, biologically; to the Earth, chemically; and to the rest of the universe, atomically. That’s kind of cool. That makes me smile. And I actually feel quite large at the end of that. It’s not that we are better than the universe; we’re a part of the universe. We’re in the universe and the universe is in us.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2009-03-16, 08:36 PM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

Re: question about new seed

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtindica View Post
hi. this will be my first 'new' upload. I have looked around the site and can't seem to find the answers i need. If someone could kyndly point me the right direction, i'll happily be on my way. Thank You Kyndly.

~ can i use a set of files from another torrent site as long as it follows the guidelines here, and give credit to the original folks I downloaded it from? ... i guess i'm questioning the moral of using someone else's torrent files... I want to share- of course- but is it as simple as downloading from another site and simply changing the tracker to be able to upload here? am i crossing a line somehow? I've been trading for--ever, but i'm still a noob to the etiquette of .torrents, and i don't wish to step on toes. And would a lineage something like this ...small handheld recorder > ? > WAV > flac... be acceptable? (i'm guessing not.)

Thank you again for any and all help you may have. Namaste.
You can post stuff here you get from somewhere else.

Following the policy / guidelines re: lineage, checksums, not lossy, etc, is required. See links in my sig and read the seeding policy, well, befroe seeding it will answer nearly all questions you may have about seeding and what is acceptable.

'recorder' > ? > WAV > FLAC is pretty iffy and sounds like a guess. If you don't have the lineage of a recording, please ask a mod about it (mod list: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showgroups.php ) and provide everything you DO know about the audio / video's journey from recorder to your computer. The lineage needs to be 100% accurate and should contain no assumptions. The purpose of our lineage policy here is to help assure that the audio has not been degraded through lossy encoding at any point before it gets here.

Thanks for asking first, and welcome to TDD!
Old 2009-03-16, 08:51 PM
making love, not war.
562.07 GB/439.90 GB/0.78

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskg View Post
Thanks for asking first, and welcome to TDD!

Thanx for the lightening fast answer I read most of the seeding policy already, I'll re-read and hopefully have my first seed posted this evening. **crosses fingers** If I am missing something, I know it will be pulled- just let me know what i will need to do to fix it. Thanx Again for all your help.

Namaste.
We’re all connected; to each other, biologically; to the Earth, chemically; and to the rest of the universe, atomically. That’s kind of cool. That makes me smile. And I actually feel quite large at the end of that. It’s not that we are better than the universe; we’re a part of the universe. We’re in the universe and the universe is in us.
Old 2009-03-16, 09:19 PM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

wait.. if you know it will be pulled, please don't post it until you work out the problems. That doesn't make any sense
Old 2009-03-16, 09:28 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

If you are going to share something that a taper just put it, it is often nice to ask the taper if they mind if you share it. Sometimes the taper likes to share the show themselves at the various sites.

Something else.... sometimes it's nice to share a show that is totally dead (or close to dead) on another site. That way, you kinda bring it back to life by uploading it to a 'new' site. Many users won't 'see' old shows, so by you uploading an old one, they get a new chance to download it.

Old 2009-03-16, 09:29 PM
making love, not war.
562.07 GB/439.90 GB/0.78

no no.. i think it's good... i was just saying that IF i missed something... that's all. I think I got it right. take a look.. it should be up now
Old 2009-03-16, 09:44 PM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtindica View Post
no no.. i think it's good... i was just saying that IF i missed something... that's all. I think I got it right. take a look.. it should be up now
if mean this
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=70966

that's fine!

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble