The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2006-08-10, 05:53 PM
21.47 GB/10.72 GB/0.50

General Trading Question

Hi, is there a general rule about who should send first in a trade? I usually ask the person I'm trading with to send first, if we have never traded before. This works well in most cases, but is it considered "correct" in the trading world? Thanks for any advice.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-08-10, 07:14 PM
I love them redheads!
70.51 GB/140.66 GB/1.99

Re: General Trading Question

I see it a lot. Dunno if it's "correct" or not...but everyone has their own gig I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpermaLopez
Sorry, I'm still a n00b.
Old 2006-08-11, 07:25 PM
978.19 GB/866.57 GB/0.89

i keep in touch with the person and try to send them at the same time. a good rule of thumb is start with a few small trades when trading with someone new, so if it goes bad, you're not hit too bad. i've seen people do like a 20 disc trade with a new person the 1st time and get totally beat. look at their list, how long they've been a member of the site, etc and you can tell if they've been around for awhile and chill to trade with, or if they are out to rip people off.
Old 2006-08-11, 07:44 PM
58.56 GB/59.33 GB/1.01

Most of the time it seems to be if you contact first then you send first, but it can very. I only make people send first if I dont know them and its a large trade.
Old 2006-08-11, 11:56 PM
1.07 TB/1.15 TB/1.08

Yeah, I think the common etiquette is for the person who contacts 1st to send 1st, but if they have a good standing, I usually just send at the same time.
You must be one of those conniving jews, or an ebonics talking black. Or, worse yet, a black jew. Only sellin' your crack to other jews. And when you do sell to others, you give a 10 dollar piece for 20 dollars.
The NEW list.... Festafarian.com

I do B&Ps

myspace.com/festafarian

Ziggy's
Old 2006-08-12, 01:30 AM
30.98 GB/42.38 GB/1.37

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewie420
i keep in touch with the person and try to send them at the same time. a good rule of thumb is start with a few small trades when trading with someone new, so if it goes bad, you're not hit too bad. i've seen people do like a 20 disc trade with a new person the 1st time and get totally beat. look at their list, how long they've been a member of the site, etc and you can tell if they've been around for awhile and chill to trade with, or if they are out to rip people off.
Happened to me. I sent someone four DVDs of stuff, something like 30 shows or more and I never got my stuff.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble