The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2006-07-11, 01:11 PM
250.37 GB/175.00 GB/0.70

Trouble w/ gspot

Im having trouble w/ gspot. I cant get the bitrate to show up. I did it once but cant figure it out again. I render the file and the video and sound areas stay blank . please help.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-07-11, 03:00 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Trouble w/ gspot

You mean you dragged the large VOB file into the open GSpot window and nothing is showing up or it says you don't have the correct codecs installed or ???

Old 2006-07-11, 03:28 PM
250.37 GB/175.00 GB/0.70

Sorry, I should be more specific. GSpot v2.21. In the file box, I click the open media tab and browse untill I find the VTS_01_0 -file for exmple- in the VIDEO_TS folder of the show I want to read. In that file box it will tell me the path, size and in the stat tab it will sa MPEG.... Then if I click it it will say that "This format is not currently supported by GSpot...", and I should render it. When I click the rendor tab it will do its thing for a sec and read MPEG2_VIDEO, DVD_LPCM_AUDIO, Video PathS) --> MPEG-2 Splitter --> InterVideo Video Decoder --> (R), and Audio Path: (S) --> MPEG-2 Splitter --> InterVideo Audio Decoder --> (R). I click the rendering sucessful tab it'll say some other stuff, about MPEG and a VOB file ect. What I cant get to show is in the Audio and Video boxes. They all say n/a for bitrate, fps ect. I had these boxes lit befor with the same DVD folder, but I can't figure out how I did it. Thanks.
Old 2006-07-11, 03:36 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Is your VTS_01_0.VOB file a large (almost 1 GB) file? You aren't tryng to get specs of the menu file, are you?

I've never done any rendoring with GSpot, so someone else will have to help regarding that.

Old 2006-07-11, 04:43 PM
250.37 GB/175.00 GB/0.70

Thanks for your fast responce. I checked the web and found a newer version than the one I have. It works now. Again thank you.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble