The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-10-25, 07:16 PM
18.71 GB/4.26 GB/0.23

Share Ratio Inforcement?

Greetings,

I'm new to TTD, but have been trading files over on another site for about a month. I'm still very new! Anyway,.... the question of the moment is:

Is there any kind of Share Ratio Inforcement that takes place on TTD?

I've seen, in one of TTD's help files, that it says that keeping your share ratio above 1 is a good thing to do. Good things are nice, and I'd like to try to do that,... but is it required? Is it enforced in any way?

Thank you very much! I hope that I can find my way back, here, to see if I get any replies! Have a good day! :O) (I'll crawl back into my box now.)

PelagicFish
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-10-25, 07:43 PM
the non-nuclear Homer Simpson
202.13 GB/314.80 GB/1.56

Re: Share Ratio Inforcement?

No enforcement here. But that doesn't mean everyone goes unnoticed when they don't share. http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=25339

So please be one of the good people and not one of the sad sacks. If you have problems with sharing via the computer then by all means get involved with mail sharing. http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...aysprune=&f=14

Welcome to the Den, enjoy your stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I hear the Rape is lovely this time of year.
Quote:
hey man if nobody else has helped you out, i can continue to ignore you too
Old 2007-10-25, 07:50 PM
18.71 GB/4.26 GB/0.23

It's not that I don't want to share. It's that I want to know what I'm dealing with, in advance. I know people that've gotten themselves into trouble, on other sites, when they didn't even know that their share ratio was an issue. Because I know it's a possible issue,... I'd like to know, in advance, what the issue is,... and what the ramifications are, for letting your share ratio be insanely low.

One of the things I'm going to need to learn how to do, is upload to this site! If you have music to share,... that's a really good way to improve your share ratio,... and share new music at the same time. (That's good for EVERYBODY!)

Thank you very much for your help! :O)

PelagicFish
Old 2007-10-25, 07:51 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

As Eric stated, we have no share ratio enforcement here. However, we do ask that people do what they can to share by either uploading a show, seeding as much as possible, doing B&Ps, Vining shows, making cover art, helping the noobs when they ask questions, donations, etc. Just do what you can to share the music.

Welcome to TTD!

Old 2007-10-25, 08:12 PM
18.71 GB/4.26 GB/0.23

I just went to that one link,... I have to say that I'm still laughing! That guy really was pretty pathetic! So pathetic, and sad, that it's FUNNY! I can just imagine an eighty-five year old, "granny", at home, alone, late at night, on her computer,... taking FLAC. NOT! Hahahahaha! (The poor woman was probably lonely, we shouldn't be laughing!)

Honest,... I wasn't asking because I planned on being a turkey. I asked because I wanted to know if there was anything out there, hanging over my head, that I absolutely needed to know about within the next gig. (As I said, I've known people that got thrown off other sites, over something they didn't even know was an issue until it was too late!)

For those of you that look at my share ratio, and think that I'm a idiot, please take a further look at my numbers. My share ratio could be higher than your's (almost undoubtably) in a matter of hours! (Of course, it would have no "stability" yet,... but it could be higher! Do the math! <grin>)

PelagicFish
Old 2007-10-25, 08:30 PM
On the Beach
666.18 GB/1.29 TB/1.99

Enjoy the shows!
Dont forget to drop by The Lounge for a chat
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...isplay.php?f=8
Old 2007-10-25, 08:51 PM
1.81 TB/10.08 TB/5.57

Another point is, You don't have to learn to seed shows, you can just leave the window open. In other words, keep seeding what you download. Days or weeks, what ever you can do. It's impossable to do that with every show, but you make up for that on the next one.
If your ratio is over 1:1 you have given more then you have taken.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble