The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2005-07-21, 12:02 PM
Happy little trees
TTD VIP
659.93 GB/7.41 TB/11.50

Re: Standards for physically trading and b&p'ing DVDs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4candles
What that means is that there is absolutely no difference in the content of the two DVDs, just that Toast is positioning the files on the DVD in a different way to that predicted by the DVD authoring program (or by the first program to burn those files to DVD). Because of that, it has needed to adjust one of the sector pointers in the VIDEO_TS.IFO file for hardware players to still play it properly.
Thanks for checking that out 4c! So what I'm getting here is that it really doesn't make a difference; the DVDs should play just fine. Right?

I'm just keeping accurate records for myself at this point. For example, places that do a lot of vining like Phishhook don't have any standards at all. As long as the DVDs play they don't care. Sometimes the vines are sent as data and sometimes as playable DVDs. So I just note it and move on.
Old 2008-02-25, 11:31 PM
VH NEW ORLEANS 7/13/78
118.51 GB/224.41 GB/1.89

Well, I scoured the internet for this problem and lo and behold, I ended up here. I just noticed that on one of my DVD's, the IFO and BUP failed verification when burned to video with Nero, but the VOB's were fine. Glad to see it's not a big deal.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2008-02-26, 04:10 AM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Well, I scoured the internet for this problem and lo and behold, I ended up here. I just noticed that on one of my DVD's, the IFO and BUP failed verification when burned to video with Nero, but the VOB's were fine. Glad to see it's not a big deal.
correct, the ifo/bup files were changed due to Nero "fixing" a structure issue...none of your actual video content has changed tho is the vob's check out fine

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble