The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Music Sharing > Snail Mail Trading > Good & Bad Traders

Notices

Good & Bad Traders If you've had either a good or bad experience with a trader here, please let people know.

Old 2010-02-13, 09:35 AM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Thumbs down Bad Trader: gab42

I'd like very much to warn you all about this person. I exchanged with him about 20 letters. From time to time I had a faint feeling, that he was lying to me, but at the same time it was interesting, how it will work out. Actually he appeared to be a very kind and sociable person. And I considered him a very good acquaintance in England(he invited me to stay with him for a couple of days). I have no replies and no parcel now. The discs are nothing for me in this situation. But I was sadly mistaken in him, who, I thought, was a fantastic person, but appeared to be just a common liar. I can't figure it out, why to write about 20 letters to get just some discs, for me it's something incomprehensible and a bit childish. He could just ask me to upload some of them. I made it before. Some of the discs have been uploaded already.
I suppose, the scheme of all bad traders is something like:
1. to offer something unique
2. to have a very small list or not to have it at all
3. to be extremly friendly - it's a pity, that sometimes only bad traders can be really nice and tell you something more, than hi and best regards.

Now - the main point - beware of him. He is interested in David Bowie bootlegs. If anybody wants to get to know his address, I can give it.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2010-03-10, 01:15 PM
10.40 GB/380.92 MB/0.04

Re: Bad Trader: Robert Peace from UK

GET A LIFE!!! THE PARCEL YOU SENT WAS DESTROYED BY CUSTOMS AS IT WAS UN-WRAPPED AS EVERYTHING IS FROM RUSSIA "EVEN THE ENGLISH POST" DIDNT WANT TO HAND IT OVER...BUT NICE REMARK YOUVE GIVEN ""GOD FORGIVES I DONT"
Old 2010-03-10, 01:52 PM
3.78 GB/117.41 MB/0.03

I have traded with nemo and had no problem with my parcel at all. Everything was still wrapped up. nemo is a great trader, pity someone might think otherwise!
Old 2010-03-10, 03:39 PM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Thank you 2cupids for this support.
I'd like to tell one thing: Nobody had ever any problems with me.
Old 2010-03-11, 03:01 PM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Re: Bad Trader: Robert Peace

I have never thought, that it will work out so badly. This person uses every possible tricks. Even threats.
I don't want to say anything more, but
Old 2010-06-24, 12:48 PM
285.95 GB/174.08 GB/0.61

Quote:
Originally Posted by gab42 View Post
GET A LIFE!!! THE PARCEL YOU SENT WAS DESTROYED BY CUSTOMS AS IT WAS UN-WRAPPED AS EVERYTHING IS FROM RUSSIA "EVEN THE ENGLISH POST" DIDNT WANT TO HAND IT OVER...BUT NICE REMARK YOUVE GIVEN ""GOD FORGIVES I DONT"
Unfortunately I have to confirm that you are indeed a bad trader. Ripping off Bowie collectors worldwide, claiming to have (probably?) non existing recordings - something that you claimed back in the late 70s and still claim. I've contacted Bowie collector David Fletcher because he was the first to claim he got information about the existance of recordings such as Evansville 1976.

Promising me discs for over 6 months, claiming several (registered) parcels got lost. Something other collectors also told me - funny enough you never sent anyone of us a parcel number - but the parcels all got lost. Same old story over and over again. Giving one of my mates a set of BLANK discs before the Iggy Pop concert in London this year - at least we got 2 BLACK discs from you - that's something.

I'll post a warning including your address and phone numbers on BowieConcerts.com.

Guys like you give "genuine" Bowie fans a bad name.

If you had "balls" you would have mailed me and told me (a) the recordings you promised me are coming my way or (b) the recordings you claim to have do not exist.

OUR FTP SERVER IS STILL AVAILABLE FOR UPLOADING.

I do not care about losing a couple of discs but I you are the single reason that stories about "mythical" Bowie concert recordings keep on coming.

Belfry 72, Washington 72 and 74, Detroit 72, San Diego 78 SBD, Manchester 72 (September concert), Salisbury 73 (complete), Evansville 76, Los Angeles 76 (complete), Hong Kong 83 SBD, both nights of Norfolk 83 etc.

Goodbye Rob
Old 2010-06-24, 01:00 PM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

Old 2010-06-25, 04:40 AM
65.36 GB/49.27 GB/0.75

Quote:
Originally Posted by isolar2tour
Unfortunately I have to confirm that you are indeed a bad trader. Ripping off Bowie collectors worldwide, claiming to have (probably?) non existing recordings - something that you claimed back in the late 70s and still claim. I've contacted Bowie collector David Fletcher because he was the first to claim he got information about the existance of recordings such as Evansville 1976.
I can back this up as well as i was promised...
Belfry 72
Hemel Hempstead 72
Manchester 2.9.72
L.A 3.9.74
London 5.5.76 (My uncles recording never released QU9+ yep 9+)
London 1.7.78 (SBD)
ALL Stafford 78 in very good quality.
Also said he'd done me 12-16 discs of rare material!!! Also they was posted 3 times and never arrived and then he was to visit me in person, bringing the discs with him, but alas it was also bullsh!t

I have now given up hope of ever seeing them. Shame he can't deliver what he promises.
Old 2010-06-25, 02:27 PM
285.95 GB/174.08 GB/0.61

Cygnet, you know how to find me for London 1.7.78 SBD. That one came from me - I supplied that to Rob.

Stafford 78 good quality? Drop me an email.
Old 2012-10-02, 08:08 PM
pretty when I'm drunk
670.72 GB/635.78 GB/0.95

Location: between my owners legs, and someone else's too, USA

speaking of Bowie, is the Phoenix AZ show from the mid 90's when he toured with Nine Inch Nails "out there"? (I'm guessing late summer/fall/winter)

if not, pretty sure I have a Sony D-3 master in my collection, I didn't tape it, a friend did with my recorder way back when...
Old 2012-10-06, 09:59 AM
371.97 GB/272.58 GB/0.73

Quote:
Originally Posted by isolar2tour View Post
Cygnet, you know how to find me for London 1.7.78 SBD. That one came from me - I supplied that to Rob.

Stafford 78 good quality? Drop me an email.
Hey Marc - people in glass houses!

The Traders' Den > Music Sharing > Snail Mail Trading > Good & Bad Traders